E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Replacing tie rods

10-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
pe90zzi
CuL SToRY BRaHH
Rep
Drives: a purple thing

Replacing tie rods

Hey guys

So ive read a few threads about people having frozen tie rods and done my research as far as "unfreezing" them and what not. Ive unfrozen and aligned mine twice now and its still screwed up. Anyways ive seen that turner has oem replacement tie rods, honestly im done with mine so looking to replace them.

If anyone has ever replaced them let me know what company you went with. Im thinking about going with turners which are $195 shipped for both sides. I got quoted for the full service at my dealer for $941 so im going to have to pass on that one.

Anyways if anyone has experience or thoughts let me know

Thanks in advance!
      10-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pe90zzi View Post
Hey guys

So ive read a few threads about people having frozen tie rods and done my research as far as "unfreezing" them and what not. Ive unfrozen and aligned mine twice now and its still screwed up. Anyways ive seen that turner has oem replacement tie rods, honestly im done with mine so looking to replace them.

If anyone has ever replaced them let me know what company you went with. Im thinking about going with turners which are $195 shipped for both sides. I got quoted for the full service at my dealer for $941 so im going to have to pass on that one.

Anyways if anyone has experience or thoughts let me know

Thanks in advance!

There is a new HD version of the complete inner and outer tie rod assembly, you may want to look into those. $195 seem a bit high, but then again OEM will run you about $280 before shipping.

Harold
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
pe90zzi
CuL SToRY BRaHH
Rep
Drives: a purple thing

just read your post and pm

placing an order right now

Thanks!