E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > RE 5 Mercenaries

04-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #1
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
RE 5 Mercenaries

I've unlocked Jill & Wesker so far. I want to unlock the rest. Any other members out there with similar interests?

PS3
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Been playing this game.. it's wicked. About 6-7 hours in. Please explain mercenaries mode? And how unlocking Jill and Wesker is beneficial.. thanks

I have to be careful when I start playing this game.. I don't wanna stop and it eats up a few hours easy!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 01:06 AM   #3
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Mercenaries mode is a mode that starts you with 2:00 (minutes). You have a set time to defeat as many enemies as you can (when you kill multiple enemies (before the COMBO meter blinks out) you chain a combo together for points that multiply rather than add).

Fully defeating an enemy by means of a melee attack results in you getting +5 seconds each time. There's also clocks around the map allowing +30 sec or +60 sec.

Thus far, I can now play as Chris, Sheva (stock characters), Jill, Jill in Battlesuit, Albert Wesker, and Chris in his Safari clothing and Sheva in her Clubbing clothing.

If you die, it's game over and you have to try again. I've figured scoring over 30,000 points allows a new stage to be unlocked, and anything over 40,000 allows a new character to be unlocked. I've unlocked all of the stages, but I'm missing 3 more characters (their silhouettes are blacked out still). I'm assuming it's Chris in S.T.A.R.S. uniform, and Sheva in her Tribal clothing. I'm not sure who the last one is...maybe Leon from RE 4?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Alright, I've unlocked all of the characters:

Chris BSAA, Sheva (stock characters)
Chris Safari
Sheva Clubbin'
Jill BSAA
Wesker (Midnight)
Jill Battlesuit
Chris S.T.A.R.S.
Sheva Tribal
Wesker S.T.A.R.S.

I'll write up a strategy guide if anyone is having trouble. Just to get you started:
1 - Public Assembly: The first level. Pretty easy once you learn where all the time bonuses are. Until you unlock someone else, use Chris: pistol for as long as you're able too, so that you can effectively melee attack to gain +5 sec every time. Switch to his Shotgun later so that you can just kill faster. The executioner is easy enough, just don't let someone grab you so he can get a free kill. If you see him coming, don't turn and run. Wait for him to raise his axe (prompting that he will attack you with a one-hit kill vertical slice), side step it and let him have it. Only run if he's horizontally swinging (won't kill you in one hit) his axe as you can't duck; then turn and let him have it. Grenade if necessary. Make use of the oil canisters, exploding barrels, and electric circuits. B Rank will unlock next level (Mines) and A Rank will unlock Jill.

General Tips
Use Inventory Screen Reload - Holding out your weapon and reloading that way is time consuming and it leaves you vulnerable. Instead, pull up your inventory screen, and "move" your ammo to your weapon. Ideally, you'll do this when: a) you're doing a melee attack, b) you're knocked down, c) you're climbing/jumping down something, etc. This by far is the most important skill you'll acquire and hopefully master in Mercenaries mode. You can use this in the regular game to save your neck too.
Use Pick Up/Climb/Melee Invincibility - Did you know you're invincible while picking up something? Stand around dropped ammo if don't need it, and when you see an attack coming that you can't avoid, pick it up. The animation for your character to pick it up will start, and the attacking enemy will go right through you. The same is true of melee attacks. Don't be afraid of a group of enemies if you can stun one and melee attack it. You'll be invulnerable to an attack while the animation is going, and if the enemy is knocked back it will push the others back too.
Melee Attack Time Bonus - The beginning of every stage doesn't have you being swarmed. Therefore you should start with your weakest weapon so you can melee attack and kill. That adds +5 sec every time you kill. Doesn't sound like a lot, but even if you do it only 5 times, that's an additional 25 seconds. Before needing to pull out your bigger guns, you should be able to at least kill 10 this way for +50 seconds. Even after you're relying more on your bigger guns to kill hordes quickly, from time to time you should be able to melee a staggered enemy, or pull your weaker gun and melee kill.

Last edited by Mega Man; 04-12-2009 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: Noted why sidestepping will avoid executioner
Appreciate 0