Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Flat Tire Again

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-06-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
MnK6
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 엠쓰리

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Flat Tire Again

Got flat tire again on my E90 330i. 3rd time in one year. Last time i could not get my hands on the Bridgestone Runflats cause it was on back order so I purchased Continental Contisport Contact 3's all around. Loved the tires for about 6 months but happened again last night, passenger rear. Stopped as soon as i got the flat tire warning light and got the car towed to VOB. Now the dealer is telling me i need new rims cause it got bent in the process. They are quoting me $1100 for new tire/rim/balance. To make the long story short, I said F$#% it and bought 19inch Hyperblack CSL Rims from **********, which i wanted to get soon anyway. I guess things happen for a reason. In the meanwhile i have my friend's 18inch CSL rims to install on my car as a backup. Thank god. I guess i should move out of DC to avoid all the nails or change my driving style?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
spacedogg
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Debadged

Dude you have bad luck with nails...do you drive by construction sites as part of your daily commute?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #3
MnK6
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 엠쓰리

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedogg View Post
Dude you have bad luck with nails...do you drive by construction sites as part of your daily commute?
i sure do. I commute to DC everyday, live in MD suburbs and in a new development area with dirt/gravel everywhere from dump trucks. I guess i just have to stick with it and drive careful with my new 19's.
Appreciate 0