E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Weird sound still coming from possible the catless DPs.......

10-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Weird sound still coming from possible the catless DPs.......

Does anyone with catless DPs and DCI have siren like sounds in low rpm when slowly accelerating? Under 2000 rpm, on the initial accelerating.

Also having issues with vibration ONLY when making left turns from initial stop. Sounds and feels like the DPs might be touching the body or other parts of car maybe?

I've had this issue on and off, still can't quite pinpoint the cause. Some members seem to think it's a leak somewhere from the install of the catless DPs. Because after the install, is when the sound/noise started appearing.

Please chime in, I'm sick of dealing with DP related issues, if this is another one. It seems like to me that ever since I TRIED to fit these RR catless DPs on my car, shit just started to happen.

TIA

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
sd390r
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
lol dont take this wrong if its not im not trying to make you feel stupid but

its not the sucking sound the dci is making right?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #3
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd390r View Post
lol dont take this wrong if its not im not trying to make you feel stupid but

its not the sucking sound the dci is making right?
umm......sucking sound from the dci? I'm hoping that's where it's coming from, because that would eliminate A FEW things and it would be normal. But in my case, I doubt that it's the dci.......

I would try and post a sound clip, but I think it's too faint to capture along side all the ambient and road noises. You would have to ride in the car to hear what I'm talking about.........

I actually had a BMW shop foreman take a ride with me so I can show him what whining/siren sound I'm talking about. He said he heard it too, didn't last very long, it's usually on cold start ups and in the low rpm range (around 2k or below).

Initially, he thought it might have been the boost from the TTs, but I think he was actually referring to the spooling of the TTs and not the whining/siren sound I was telling him about. After a few trips around the block, he realized what I was talking about.

I know the sound of the TTs spooling, it sounds like a high pitched whistle. But this sound I'm talking about can be heard in the background aside from the spooling of the TTs.

Please chime in

Thanks

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [8.00]
I would check the ring clamps that go around the DPs that connect the DPs to the turbo.
The reason why I say this is because I've done the DP installation 4 times.
Sometimes I think that the ring clamp is around the DP and the turbo but it's off a bit.
It would be easy to assume that the clamp is on, tighten it, and go on your merry way when it's not.

Double check the installation or take it back to the place that did the install and tell them to check it.

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
M.A.C.K.
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Take a video of it, thats what I did when i had an issue with my FMIC and everyone said it was a boost leak and what was it but a boost leak........

Try and get the sound on video.......
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #6
boosted305
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

very simple my friend...

just more problems with the Riss DP's....

Mine do the exact same thing...

-car rattles like it's falling apart at start up....

- Whines like a siren just like yours

-sounds like a souped-up Honda driving from the rattling and vibrating

-and vibrates intensely all thoroughout the car on left turns or low rpms

I'm a Riss victim just like you

CAVEAT EMPTOR
Appreciate 0