E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > cut open oem lgic 7 and eps woofers

07-08-2014, 06:37 AM   #1
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

cut open oem lgic 7 and eps woofers

So I cut the outer fabric off two woofers I had extra. One L7 and one Dirac. Both Eton made. The l7 is surprisingly cheap with a flimsy plastic cone and small magnet as well as its more shallow excursion than Dirac. That part surprised me but Dirac has a much flatter top which gives cone room. The Dirac is high quality hexacone kevlar cone and large neodyme magnet. They sound fabulous amped for pure midrange. Better than jehnertsin my opinion. Jehnerts however are better at lower bass so if your not doing trunk sub, jehnerys are better overall. If you find a deal on them they are stellar mid bass units.

Amped they hit lows nicely, just not as strong.

Sorry for multiple random posts. Upgrading my individual audio has been a journey and figured some may be interested in random pieces of info along the way! I've tried sws and jehnerts and amped oem so I have good insight
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #2
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Are these the real high resistance ones?? like 7 ohms?
Appreciate 0