E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Off camber

05-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Off camber

I was reading recently how you can pull the pin on the top of the strut towers and loosen the shock nuts and then adjust the setting (slide the assembly over a bit) to gain some negative camber in the front. Well, I was just looking at the tops of my strut towers and noticed that the previous owner must have already removed the pins because i see the holes where I think they would have been. The problem is though that both assemblies seem to be adusted in the same direction as you can see in the pics below. I'm not even sure which way you should move the assembly underneath but it would seem like one side would go one way and the other side the opposite way? First of all, which way do you slide the top of the assembly for negative camber-out towards the sides of the car or in toward the engine? Then also are mine definitely mis-adusted here? It looks like they are both slid to the left (when looking at the engine from in front of the car). You can see where the plate underneath is shifted to the left on both sides where the little hole is....So what's wrong here? 1st pic is passenger side then driver's side (pictures taken standing at the front bumper looking over the engine).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

toward the engine for max camber

he probably pulled the pin to get his camber the same on both sides or at least within spec, not to max it out.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
nikitino25
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

I'm just wondering why they are both adjusted the same way though. Doesn't that mean something is out of whack? It seems like the driver's side would then have negative camber with the way it is now but the passenger side would be neutral or positive?
Appreciate 0