E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Halos flickering need possible coding?

05-28-2015, 10:28 PM   #1
Echo335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Halos flickering need possible coding?

So my driver side halos are flickering, I heard that all halo LED's need to be coded, will that solve the flickering problem? It is just the driver side halos, the passenger side is perfect. This is on my 2009 E92 335i
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2015, 12:47 AM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo335 View Post
So my driver side halos are flickering, I heard that all halo LED's need to be coded, will that solve the flickering problem? It is just the driver side halos, the passenger side is perfect. This is on my 2009 E92 335i
where did you buy your LED AE's from? usually the flickering is an early indicator of a failing bulb. Don't let it go on failing for too long or else you will be stuck like me trying to figure out how to revive a failed AE that the computer thinks has been shorted out and has decided to permanently shut down the bulb to save the entire NRFM. Now i have to learn how to use Tool32 to clear out the 50 counter back to zero for my AE short circuit counter.

Also other problems for bad AE's are, as you are driving the car will sense random doors opening and closing... that will trigger the dome lights to go on/off and if u have door locks set to close when moving... then the door locks will be unlocking/locking as well as you are driving (constantly). don't delay on fixing this issue.
Appreciate 0