E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Habberstad BMW CPO, absolute disaster.

11-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Habberstad BMW CPO, absolute disaster.

Purchased E90 335i CPO. Car is 98% mint, runs solid, no problems there.

Problem comes upon delivery. As per the CPO checklist, the car should come with ALL original equipment, INCLUDING floor mats, and a proper instruction manual. So basically, no floor mats, a non i-Drive manual. At delivery Friday 11/19, the salesperson Alan Wall verbally promised that he would MAIL out the proper manual and floor mats on Monday 11/22. On 11/22, he states "oh executive demo cars don't come with floor mats". After arguing with him, he advised he would provide floor mats. Fast forward the next day, he asks if he can meet me near the highway in Queens to give me the floor mats and proper manual and pick up the incorrect manual.

My wife went for me, because I was unable to do so due to work, and when I get home, I discover the incorrect mats, and received no manual, yet again.

Call BMW NA, they state "all dealers are independently operated I can only file a complaint, nothing more". Spoke to sales manager Derek at Habberstad, "it was a loaner car, it doesn't come with carpeted mats, only the mats you received, but I would be more than happy to sell you a new set". At this point, I filed with the BBB and took BMW NA's offer to file a complaint up.

Being that the CPO checklist clearly indicates that any mismatched or incorrect parts to be replaced with OE (original equipment) parts, as per this link http://resource.bmwusa.com/Pdf_988f0...cd9e87fc2.arox

I clearly don't believe I'm in the wrong here.

Either way, these guys don't have any regard for after-sales support. Stay the hell away from them. I wish I bought from Pace BMW again.
      11-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
TT3 iN NyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS

Sorry to hear about your issues. I'd recommend Rallye if I had known you were in the market for a CPO. Usually in the auto business, MAJORITY, not all, but most dealers don't care for post-sale support especially if the sale was a used vehicle.

I think you can find a manual cheap on eBay. If you'd like, you can make copies of my 07 with iDrive manual. =)
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

You should receive the correct manual. But its also online if you want it. As for the floor mats, the cars do not come with them. They are not required to give them to you. Most dealers are nice and will throw them in but they are not required by any means to give them to you.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
You should receive the correct manual. But its also online if you want it. As for the floor mats, the cars do not come with them. They are not required to give them to you. Most dealers are nice and will throw them in but they are not required by any means to give them to you.
even though the CPO checklist clearly indicates floor mats as a check point and in bright red letters indicates that any incorrect parts or missing parts must be replaced by OE BMW parts?

I wouldn't be pissed if it was correctly disclosed on delivery.
      11-24-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
madeinhongkong
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

I'm sorry to hear that. I got mine from Hassel not too long ago. Other than they dk how to detail cars they are ok. Very good price. Rallye def has the best service but there service dept left a bad taste in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
even though the CPO checklist clearly indicates floor mats as a check point and in bright red letters indicates that any incorrect parts or missing parts must be replaced by OE BMW parts?

I wouldn't be pissed if it was correctly disclosed on delivery.
Even if it says so. I mean its a dick move and they should just give you some floor mats for buying a car, but, OTOH, there are always people on here bitching that even their new cars dont have mats.

Sounds like your sales guys just kinda a dick.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #7
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

There's a reason why a site like this is created:
http://www.dealerrater.com/dealer/Ha...MW-review-231/

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/03/20/bm...ips-in-the-us/

200+ reviews @ 4.9/5

Glad I bought from Hassel. Service rep is top notch. They offered to fix my clearcoat failure (size of a dime), replaced my lost finishing rods, and broken mudflaps, NO COST
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Even if it says so. I mean its a dick move and they should just give you some floor mats for buying a car, but, OTOH, there are always people on here bitching that even their new cars dont have mats.

Sounds like your sales guys just kinda a dick.
well it's in the BBB's hands now. I'm sure Habberstad doesn't like this negative publicity.
      11-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
Qmax03
LINEITUP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i MT AW

Damn Ben... i would be pissed too !! Goodluck with it !
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 12:21 AM   #10
rideontwo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VaNOs

Basically as stated earlier, once the car is sold by Sales they are pretty much hands off. They have made their commission and don't really care what happens post sale. Its pretty much your headache, and yes this is even true for a BMW CPO'd car.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideontwo View Post
Basically as stated earlier, once the car is sold by Sales they are pretty much hands off. They have made their commission and don't really care what happens post sale. Its pretty much your headache, and yes this is even true for a BMW CPO'd car.
Wrong
I am in sales and I talk to my customers more post sale than pre sale. Check with anyone of them on here and they will tell you.

They should just send you the mats out of goodwill and be happy you bought a car from them. I give new mats on EVERY new and CPO car regardless of weather or not it comes or came with mats from the factory. Its just easier that way and your not nickel and diming paying customers. Sorry this had to happen and if you need an I drive Manual let me know Ill send you one for free.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2011, 09:29 AM   #12
slider86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ZCP 6MT, 2021 M2C 6MT

...only because they had a car with aluminum trim

Purchased a CPO'ed 328xi from them, sales with Alan was great.... up until I found out that there was no bluetooth in my car after he had said it was included already. Only way I found out was when the sales manager had called to finalize the payment arrangements, and to discuss "installing" an alarm and retrofitting telephony. I was beyond PO'ed at this point, figuring an alarm should have already been on a CPO, and that the salesperson stated BT was already installed.

Oh, and btw, the car came with large scratches on the right rocker panel and the front right part of the front bumper.I hadn't noticed these because they were pretty far on the bottom, and only saw when I parked on a hill. Also, the driver window was leaking a bit when I was washing off pollen. Getting these things fixed was free of charge, and Alan made sure of that. Pete Mitchell w/ service was very professional, and addressed all my concerns and provided a detailed plan on how they were going to fix the two above problems. Picked up my car and the paint touchup is not noticable at all unless you actually go over the patched up parts, which is still very smooth.

Overall, it was a very tense experience as this was my first car purchase. I did not feel at ease during payment method/follow-up, and would likely not recommend this dealer to anyone else. I will definitely purchase my next 3 from Rallye or Hassel.

Looking on the bright side... my car is delicious. AW/Black/Aluminum/Sport
Appreciate 0