E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 LCI Audio upgrade options

04-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
deeno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 330d Xdrive M SPORT

E90 LCI Audio upgrade options

Well i've been waiting for the post 03/09 Alpine group buy to become available, unfortunately at nearly £800 its not realistically priced and I cant see many takers for that one.

What other options are available to me, ideally I'd like to keep it below £500 and with the oem look. I'm thinking just the Logic 7 tweeters and door mouldings, although there are a few people with pre LCI cars that have done this has anyone tried this on an actual LCI? Will it just work on an LCI without recoding, if its just plug and play great I'll order the stuff in the next few days.

I'm not an audiophile and not after a huge improvement, just a noticable improvement in clarity and separation, the current stock system sounds muddy to me and is noticably inferior to other cars in the same price bracket.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
From what I've read on the threads here, there may be a problem with fitting tweeters to a system that's not designed for them - because the HU equalizer is set up to compensate for not having them, if you add them to the standard speakers you may end up with a really tinny sound.

FWIW I'd suggest the tweeter mouldings, and investigate the cost of fitting a set of aftermarket 4" components.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
deeno
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 330d Xdrive M SPORT

Thanks, I think AlanQS did the tweeter upgrade on his car with good results. What I'm hoping to find out is if the LCI's have the same head unit and programming as the pre LCI's and will therefore get the same results?
Appreciate 0