E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Dsg review

10-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
Mark e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

Dsg review

I know this isn't a vw forum but I got a lot of good advice from this when I owned an e90 320d so I figured this would be a good place to ask advice

I am buying a golf mk 5 gti 2005 80,000 miles and have looked at a couple and one has caught my eye it ticks all the boxes however it has the dsg gearbox. I was originally looking for a manual should I let the dsg put me of the car. I know a lot of these different boxes coming out can be problematic ie smg box in the e46 m3 and don't want to end up spending a fortune repairing the gearbox