E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > BBC no longer showing all F1 races live....

07-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #45
Tippo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mk2 TT V6 quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd1963 View Post
So the problem is that there is not enough competition in the wholesale market?
Yeah but you NEED to pay for energy, at least with SKY you don't have to buy it unlike the TV License fee which fund the BBC and it's channels. Same problem but at least with SKY you have a CHOICE in not buying it.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #46
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
I do a official GP thread for every GP. In OFF topic.

I think Kob is great. He overtakes well without crashing.

Vettel goes through a field well too. You need a car underneath you.

both Hamilton and Vettel are very aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni80 View Post
Yeah I know what you mean mate but i meant him racing for rb as a driver with that package around him.....he'd be awesome.
Reason the Mclarens designed round Hamilton is simply because he's a better driver than Button. Buttons a good number 2 driver. I agree Hamiltons made some crazy moves this season but if you take that out of his driving style he wouldn't be half the driver he is. I love his arrogance and do or die driving style... there isn't enough drivers like him in the championship. Kobyashi is another guy who I admire when he's cars setup well these guys make the sport what it is.

Take these guys out of the sport and creepy could have a point about boring.

As for going off subject, maybe we should start an F1 thread on here for debate after race weekend ....seems like there's enough interest?
      07-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #47
ZURICH
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

I am now well pissed off we cant get sky Sports in Switzerland unless you get the whole package, and the German F1 programme is shite adverts all the way through and a guy who makes a troll seem inteligent. what a total bunch of toss pots, money money money, sod the customers, scrap dancing with used to be somewhat famous and save money not give away one of the best programmes you have, you twats

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #48
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A big gold navara

I can't believe what i'm reading!! F1 on sky, now i'll have to get sky sports too....

What will i get for my hard earned cash? Pissball, guys knocking the crap out of each other (oh no, come to think of it that's pay per view) and some twats in slacks hitting a white ping pong ball up a field with a stick.

Fucking crazy! I'd prefer it to go back to ITV.

These last few years on BBC have been bliss. The action amazing, HD, no adverts, even the commentating has become really quite good too. Some of the things Coulthard and Brundle say have me bad laughing.
      07-29-2011, 12:07 PM   #49
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

This is total arse.

Even thinking about trading the MSport in for an SE so I can afford Sky for a bit.

Then again maybe not
      07-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #50
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

From a newspaper....

Quote:
The BBC will show the qualifying and the race from half the grands prix, including Silverstone, Monaco and the final race of the season. Sky will show all the races live, plus extensive coverage of the build-up and qualifying, and Slater said there was a possibility that they could share production resources and even on‑screen talent. "We will seek to share production resources where appropriate, that is something we are working through."

Sky Sports has said it will not run adverts during its coverage and will instead limit them to the pre- and post-race show. They proved highly unpopular when on ITV and a spokesman said: "We won't have adverts while the races are running. We know they were very unpopular in the past and we don't have to go down that route."

It is understood that the deal was signed at 5.05am in order to enable Sky to unveil it before announcing its results to the City. The new deal will give added impetus to ongoing attempts by News Corp, which owns 39% of BSkyB, to put together a consortium to buy Formula One from the venture capital group CVC. Brundle, the former driver who is one of the faces of the BBC's Formula One coverage, tweeted: "Found out last night, no idea how it will work yet – I'm out of contract, will calmly work through options. Not impressed."
As long as the BBC always show the highlights - say a good 60mins+, and we still get Brundle pit walk etc. - it might not be a total disaster.

Might even force me out to a suitable pub for the Sky races......"got no choice dear...". Every cloud!
      07-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #51
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
Tippo, I never said a word about the TV license paying for other terrestrial channels. All I said was they were NOT free! ANY channel which is "free to air" which carries adverts, Joe Public is paying for through higher prices in the shops. Some of the bigger advertisers spend hundreds of millions on TV ad budgets and they get their money from us!

The services provided by the BBC are far more extensive than those provided by the others and at much less cost. If you don't want to use ANY BBC service then yes, it's a bummer that you have no choice but to pay. Unlike Sky and cable providers however, you don't pay extra for watching it on a second or third TV in the house.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #52
Tippo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mk2 TT V6 quattro

See what you saying now, at least we agree that there is no such thing as FTA TV to a degree then assuming that we are buying goods that are advertised to us, makes sense that.

SKY and cable will and do fleece you but it is your choice, for what I get out of the BBC now then I say they are fleecing me out of £150 a year and for what? Just so we don't get commercial breaks. Whoopee do. Yet I have no choice in that due to an old fashioned idea about what items you happen to own in your own home.

Also perhaps not paying a TV License fee could help me afford a 335d maybe.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #53
E92westy
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 118d Sport

Quote:
@MBrundleF1
Martin Brundle
BBC/Sky/F1 2012+. Found out last night, no idea how it will work yet I'm out of contract, will calmly work through options Not impressed

Loved the grid walk.
Don't have have Sky, don't want Sky...