E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Honestly How Many People Are Not Happy With Burgers Customer Service!!!



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-29-2011, 03:46 PM   #23
FirstBMWLA
Captain
FirstBMWLA's Avatar
28
Rep
830
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tucson,AZ

iTrader: (10)

Troll much??
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 04:18 PM   #24
Devas
Second Lieutenant
Canada
11
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 / 2012 F30 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: York Region

iTrader: (1)

In my opinion, good customer services is subjective. OP purchased an item, and expects to answer any questions relating to the unit and what it does to the car. Which I think is fair, being led to a FAQ, may appear to lack that one on one customer service he was expecting.

My advice, in the future ask all the questions about the unit before purchasing it. You'll be surprise how much more helpful staff/owners can get when trying to sell their own products
__________________
COBB AP | ETS FMIC | ETS DownPipe | ETS ChargePipe | Gruppe M Ram Air Intake System | Bilstein PSS10 Coil-Over Kit | HRE P40
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #25
thebigragu99
Banned
41
Rep
828
Posts

Drives: 135 tuorbbo
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: nyc

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devas View Post
In my opinion, good customer services is subjective. OP purchased an item, and expects to answer any questions relating to the unit and what it does to the car. Which I think is fair, being led to a FAQ, may appear to lack that one on one customer service he was expecting.

My advice, in the future ask all the questions about the unit before purchasing it. You'll be surprise how much more helpful staff/owners can get when trying to sell their own products
exactly my point.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #26
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
87
Rep
3,527
Posts

Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwguy11 View Post
So you expect 1 on 1 customer service with the owner of any place you buy products from?


So, what were the questions, and can you give us the links he provided to you?

From the sounds of it, your questions would have been answered in the links he sent you. He doesn't need to craft a personal response to your questions, when your questions have been asked hundreds of times over and have all the answers in the links provided.
who else does he have to turn to? there not many emails on the site to ask technical questions too.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 04:36 PM   #27
themyst
Major General
themyst's Avatar
South Korea
126
Rep
6,630
Posts

Drives: '16 MK7 GTI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Even though I'm not currently running his product, Terry had amazing customer service. If you contact him with a problem NOT answered 50 times on his general information thread on n54tech, he will give you a more specific answer.

Actually, from my experience, all the major guys have pretty good turnaround times if you contact them with a legitimate issue. (Terry, Shiv, Rob)
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 04:40 PM   #28
longliven54
Lieutenant
longliven54's Avatar
Canada
7
Rep
460
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e90 auto
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: victoria

iTrader: (6)

No man, you have got to chill first. Terry has replied to my emails/questions practically within minutes.
Theres a lot of information out on these forums, diys/instructions/reviews from sponsors And from individuals. Its kind of un-written rule of the forum: do a lot of self study! Moving onto COBB, is purely your decision and I hope your decision is not entirely based upon this one instance
__________________
JB4 G5 / VRSF IC / STETT CAI / GREDDY / custom exhaust / iRotora cross drilled rotots / snow stage 3 meth / 19" iForged senekas / upgraded speakers n CF woofer box / M3 bits/ DINAN camber plates/ KONI/ megan racing toe arm/ supreme power lowering perch
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #29
Stangorang
Major
Stangorang's Avatar
United_States
214
Rep
1,477
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Even though I'm not currently running his product, Terry had amazing customer service. If you contact him with a problem NOT answered 50 times on his general information thread on n54tech, he will give you a more specific answer.

Actually, from my experience, all the major guys have pretty good turnaround times if you contact them with a legitimate issue. (Terry, Shiv, Rob)
+1

Terry has great service. This smells like a classic case of not caring to read/research.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #30
Brey335i
Brigadier General
Brey335i's Avatar
68
Rep
4,734
Posts

Drives: e46 ///M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (11)

Successful troll is successful?

I can't even understand what you were trying to ask him based on what you wrote here, but if you took the time to word yourself better, he might have spent more time trying to answer. I'm not trying to be mean, just saying that unless it appears to be a legitimate and fairly unique or new or involved issue or question, I would have also just linked you to the place that you can find all the answers.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 05:30 PM   #31
e92ttaz2
Private
8
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 335i Jet Black
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.S.A.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangorang View Post
+1

Terry has great service. This smells like a classic case of not caring to read/research.
Sounds like a disgruntle customer to any product he buys. I purchased a Cobb tune instead of JB4 but when I did my research it seems like Terry/Mike always had positive comments.

He sounds like one of those people lets say bought at&t service and waited past his return date, then calls in to complain about service and wants credits.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #32
themyst
Major General
themyst's Avatar
South Korea
126
Rep
6,630
Posts

Drives: '16 MK7 GTI
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92ttaz2 View Post
Sounds like a disgruntle customer to any product he buys. I purchased a Cobb tune instead of JB4 but when I did my research it seems like Terry/Mike always had positive comments.

He sounds like one of those people lets say bought at&t service and waited past his return date, then calls in to complain about service and wants credits.
Hehe, I know that all too well.
__________________
E90 LCI N54 6AT
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #33
Rotorocious
Major
Rotorocious's Avatar
53
Rep
1,465
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (3)

OP, Learn to read and research. Don't expect to be spoon fed.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 05:50 PM   #34
thebigragu99
Banned
41
Rep
828
Posts

Drives: 135 tuorbbo
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: nyc

iTrader: (1)

Waste of a thread and my time .I wasn't happy with his service and wanted to see to if anyone had the same issue..I just wanted him to answer some specific questions I asked.I think it's only fair to expect that back, after supporting his product .
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 05:54 PM   #35
335coupe2007
Yezzsur. Big it up. Go Lakers.
335coupe2007's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
1,257
Posts

Drives: 2007 Space Gray 335 coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: A place where you vacation

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigragu99 View Post
Waste of a thread and my time .I wasn't happy with his service and wanted to see to if anyone had the same issue..I just wanted him to answer some specific questions I asked.I think it's only fair to expect that back, after supporting his product .
bro at the end of the day-- u gotta do whats best for u. Clearly alot of people have had positive experiences from him...you- not so much. but its okay- not the end of the world. Go with the cobb and do what makes u happy...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #36
Stucks
Lieutenant Colonel
Stucks's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
1,849
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Montgomery County, MD

iTrader: (12)

OP, maybe you should actually visit the link and start reading all the info on N54 tech. Call me crazy, but the link is obviously being sent for a reason.

Seriously though, I've never had to contact terry but one time about any of his products, and when I did, i received a reply within an hour of originally sending the email.
__________________
Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.
Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #37
pwrdbynel
Private First Class
pwrdbynel's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Op just ask the question here. The whole point of the forum is help each other out. But when you don't ask the questions and start talking about shit you start to look like a TROLL.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #38
thebigragu99
Banned
41
Rep
828
Posts

Drives: 135 tuorbbo
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: nyc

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrdbynel View Post
Op just ask the question here. The whole point of the forum is help each other out. But when you don't ask the questions and start talking about shit you start to look like a TROLL.
Again with this troll thing you people and this word make me laugh !I was just venting how I feel and my experience that all okay!! I never told you he was a bad person.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #39
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
87
Rep
3,527
Posts

Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Op said nothing about the timeliness of his response, its the answer he gave.

everyone is like omg 5 minute, 10 minutes!, 1 hour! op never said he took long for a response, just wanted a better answer.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #40
stilov
Lieutenant
8
Rep
563
Posts

Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Allen, TX

iTrader: (3)

I don't usually post, but Terry is awesome. He helped me through trying to diagnose an issue not related to the JB4. I bought my JB4 second hand!!!

To OP, you posted and asked for people's feedback. That is what you are getting. There are VERY detailed instructions on all the basics, which is what we all assume you are asking.

Good luck to you, but you don't sound like the kind of person to admit your own fault.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #41
SeanS54
Captain
SeanS54's Avatar
United_States
90
Rep
838
Posts

Drives: N54 LCI 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (20)

Terry has excellent customer service and responds within minutes and on weekends... never had such great service from car vendors....

He'll send you a link if the answer to your question is obviously in the link. I.E. how to log, what map to run, steering wheel control, etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #42
pwrdbynel
Private First Class
pwrdbynel's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
197
Posts

Drives: 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigragu99 View Post
Again with this troll thing you people and this word make me laugh !I was just venting how I feel and my experience that all okay!! I never told you he was a bad person.
You said some other things that sugest otherwise. Ask your questions here and I will retract my Troll comment. Until then troll on.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #43
FirstBMWLA
Captain
FirstBMWLA's Avatar
28
Rep
830
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tucson,AZ

iTrader: (10)

Very Ironic you post complaining about the one thing everyone agrees on with JB products, his customer serviceā€¦. Even Shiv would say Terry is good at that I bet.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 06:32 PM   #44
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
87
Rep
3,527
Posts

Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Yonkers NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW  [3.50]
Ok now e90 posters are just on his jock right now.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST