E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > SA Build Ques

04-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
shark330i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i; Jet Black

SA Build Ques

Got a 335i sedan built in SA ordered. Few things. Status is currently 'at port awaiting transport.' Does the vessel go from SA port to Germany, then enroute to USA? Most of the other posts here seem to be German builds shipped out from Germany directly (of course!). How does the SA builds get shipped? Patiently waiting! Thanks for any info anyone may have.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
bimmer_OA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i sedan

Your vehicle will go to the port of Durban in SA, then it will go to Bremerhaven, Germany, then to the East Coast to NY, Charleston, then somewhere in Florida I think?

Worst part is waiting for the shipping vessel, there aren't as many ships servicing Durban as there are Bremerhaven. I think I spent at least 2 weeks waiting for a vessel...but once you're on a ship, time will go by fast, since you're on the east coast, you probably won't have to switch ships have Bremerhaven.

I would keep in touch with your dealer, they'll give you info about which ship you're on, it's expected arrival date in the US, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #3
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_OA View Post
Your vehicle will go to the port of Durban in SA, then it will go to Bremerhaven, Germany, then to the East Coast to NY, Charleston, then somewhere in Florida I think?

Worst part is waiting for the shipping vessel, there aren't as many ships servicing Durban as there are Bremerhaven. I think I spent at least 2 weeks waiting for a vessel...but once you're on a ship, time will go by fast, since you're on the east coast, you probably won't have to switch ships have Bremerhaven.

I would keep in touch with your dealer, they'll give you info about which ship you're on, it's expected arrival date in the US, etc.
+1 SA cars generally take 2 months from build date to arrive on the east coast,while German cars take about 30 days to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2008, 08:33 PM   #4
shark330i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i; Jet Black

SA Trip

Thanks for the info. Spoke with dealer today and I'm on the Grand Cosmo ship. Arrival date in port of Charleston is May 11th. That's almost exactly two months from build date of March 12th! Can't wait.
Appreciate 0