E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Please Help Me!!!

10-22-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
n55problemdude
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi e92 Coupe

Please Help Me!!!

Please help me out:
I have a 2011 BMW 335 xdrive almost 60k miles. I am producing little to no boost usually around the 1-4 range. This problem has been persisting for over a month already and I can't seem to find the problem even with professionals. I am currently away for school so finding a trusted mechanic here is tough with German cars. I've went to BMW and they told me replace Charge Pipe which was evidently cracked, and two minor leaks. Once I changed CP, it was back to normal, no SES, but one day later, the car was back to its original low boost. I bought JB4, downpipes, intake, replaced with Cobb charge pipe, replaced air mass sensor, replaced boost solenoid, did my oil gasket leak, temporarily electric taped the vent hose and still same low boost. I was advised to go to Petrolwerks in Long Island, NY , and after diagnosing my car and paying for a smoke test, they're saying a code reading Diverter Valve Jammed is the only thing they're seeing. I had this code a while ago but I thought and was told it was because the Charge Pipe was cracked so it was giving it random fault codes. At this point, this shop told me they would replace the Diverter Valve first, and then if it doesn't work, replace the turbo with something after market. Now listen, I don't mind changing the turbo or whatever it is, but I don't want to change any more things and not have it work. Why wouldn't BMW of been able to tell my turbo was at fault? I'm still at a dead end and I have no idea what to do. I haven't been able to drive my car even stock for like a month and its mad frustrating lmao. Please help a homie.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 10:41 PM   #2
GATORB8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [9.50]
I'm not an expert on the N55, but a stuck open diverter valve could create the issue you're experiencing because it would vent your compressed air back to the turbo inlet.

Per RealOEM, you have a single diverter valve installed on the turbo, item 9 on the attached image. ECS has it for $140 https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...e/11657601058/
**of course verify with your VIN.

An upgraded unit is available from Go Fast Bits, also $140 from ECS, but it does reuse the stock solenoid: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-go-fast-.../gfbt9351~gfb/

Looks like install is a bit of a PITA to DIY if you don't have a lift, including dropping the subframe and pulling the water pump.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 02:21 AM   #3
Mean E92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 335i

Job could've been much easier if you weren't x drive. Just to let you know that the code you are getting is a tuner code from JB4. Make sure your valve cover isn't cracked. My boost leak was found after months and it was a crack in the valve cover. Double check what the code is for the jammed DV and post it here. Take off your JB4 and see if it changes. This way you could narrow down the issue. Make sure your JB4 is updated with the latest firmware and the diode is cut on the board.
Appreciate 0