E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > OK time to be honest

07-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

OK time to be honest

Hi now who has voted for the labour party in recent years ????

I HAVE ONLY EVER VOTED TORY in the last 20 years ,Im betting quite a few of mr browns detractors on here voted for them thieving scum labour MPs

The torys have had there moments but this lot are beyond belife so lets have a show who voted for who no fibbing
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Never have, never will......... unless I was asked to vote of no confidence!!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
I've only ever voted Labour.
      07-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #4
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
I think they are all the same, Labour are the worse though Will only bother if a party called Less Tax, Cheap Petrol came into play

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

greedy bstrds

I watched J prescott years ago and considered him a chump .He ended up deputy pm unbelivable fat slob and complete pig of a bloke .He was supposed to be looking after joe public WTF a complete wa---- as history has showed us.

They are all pretty much the same as proven this july with the John lewis list etc its our money and they are stealing it we need a french style revolution and take them to the guilllotine maybe a bit excessive but you get the point
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
i think they all the same years ago when tory did well when the old girl was in power things were good, then that john major was in power and shit hit the fan everyone wanted labour in, then a few good years with tony then mr brown has the power it gone bad again,i know a few people that own big holiday parks in the southwest and they say only way we will get out of this is when labour is out, tory will do good for a year or 2 then they will have there pull on taxes
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
Do you think they get too comfortable in power and start getting greedy? Then a new lot comes in and has to "prove" themselves? Or maybe thats just me who thinks that

I'm not into politics, haven't been around long enough to know anything about it I just know they (our current government) are extremely greedy!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #8
BC4J
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooba0010 View Post

I HAVE ONLY EVER VOTED TORY in the last 20 years ,Im betting quite a few of mr browns detractors on here voted for them thieving scum labour MPs

The torys have had there moments but this lot are beyond belife so lets have a show who voted for who no fibbing
Never!

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 01:11 AM   #9
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Am i to think BMW drivers are tories

I am no expert on politics but it does seam that all my assumptions about the Labour party being for the working class etc were wrong.I have come to the conclusion watching Jprescott and the blairs are all at least as greedy as any previous conservative mps.

They were voted in on the no sleaze etc etc im thinking all of this lot (mps) are rotten and are out for themselfes .The more i read the worse it is ,Due you think its the same across the world or just europe ? usa ? the mind boggles .

I dont think even mrs t could have sorted this mess out its gone out of control.I heard on the news you can tap in to a list to see who voted to keep the john lewis list ,its weird how they are allowed to do such a thing it should have been withdrawn straight away .
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #10
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

Have never voted Labour and never intend to!

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 04:25 AM   #11
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
I am no expert on politics but it does seam that all my assumptions about the Labour party being for the working class etc were wrong.I have come to the conclusion watching Jprescott and the blairs are all at least as greedy as any previous conservative mps.

They were voted in on the no sleaze etc etc im thinking all of this lot (mps) are rotten and are out for themselfes .The more i read the worse it is ,Due you think its the same across the world or just europe ? usa ? the mind boggles .

I dont think even mrs t could have sorted this mess out its gone out of control.I heard on the news you can tap in to a list to see who voted to keep the john lewis list ,its weird how they are allowed to do such a thing it should have been withdrawn straight away .
I've voted labour and have even been a member of the labour party.

Regardless of affiliations politicians are just people and by definition anyone that would want to be an MP is likely to be a particularly vain, supercilious and selfish character.

So to that extent they are all as bad as each other.

Thatchers government did some good stuff in initially and even my Mum, who is a relatively active member of her local labour party, voted for her.

The economy needed a boost, which was only going to happen with a change of leadership.

Unfortunately, no-one can get it right all of the time and Thatcher screwed a lot of things up. The council house sell off seemed great at the time, but in hingsight valuable assets were almost thrown away and the seeds of the current house price 'bubble' were sown. Her idiot chancellor constantly meddled with the interest rates for political reasons, giving us 17% mortgage rates and endless cycles of boom and bust.

In the end she had to go. Initially labour did some good things. Chiefly handing interest rate control to the bank of England. That alone stopped the politicians messing about with the economy and gave us the long period of stability that is now coming to an end.

Labour have also screwed up. Blairs concentration on foreign affairs was more about his ambitions and desire to be a major historic figure than the good of our country or Iraq / Afghanistan. Still we have peace in Ireland, so not all bad.

For me Blair was just about holding it together, but Brown is a disaster. He made some good economic decisions as chancellor, but he makes bad ones in respect of the bigger picture. The changes to VED are idiotic and wrong, as was the abolition of the 10p starting rate of tax so soon after it was created.

The revenue and benefit systems are already falling apart under the weight of the endless complexity that seems to define 'new labour' policy. Likewise their obsession with PR targets and centralisation of control has crippled the police force to the extent that they concentrate on catching easy targets like speeding motorists and send out leaflets advising us to 'be careful' instead of catching murderers. The NHS is also similarly buggered by a system which cares more about statistics than patients and attracts the worst sort of bureocrat.

Cameron is a 'acceptable', but his colleagues are utter buffoons. For instance I wouldn't trust George Osbourne to organise a piss up in a brewery.

Still they are against the idiotic VED change, Boris just cancelled the con charge con and they even suggested that married couples could share their tax allowances if only one of them worked. The latter idea is breathtakingly sensible and would actually encourage full time parenting.

Still, I hope we have a better choice come the election.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #12
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

GOOD comments

Excellent NFS.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #13
-=TSL=-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a sexy 325i

Garage List
Quote:
I voted for them... to be chucked out! HAHA....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA...HA..! deary me, phew!

Believe it or not, for me I like the whole image that the Tories promote. I admire Boris for his typical private school prepy attitude, something that me and my friends can relate to after being privately educated.

Obviously we have to look at the plans each party have, and living in London all my life its sad that Mr. Livingstone has pretty much tarnished my view of the whole labour party. But, shifting away from car/petrol tax just a second, any party which aims to tackle this disgusting wave of knife/gun crime deserves respect! In this premise, I do respect Labour in their efforts.

Even IF Gordon Brown had actually been the PM we'd all hoped for, Im afraid its all too little too late for me.

TSL

-=E92 325i M Sport-Alpine White-Saddle Brown-NavPro-Bluetooth-Individual Sound-6FL-Brushed Aluminium=-
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #14
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

If it is 'confession time' here goes. I am am absolute true blue Tory boy - a paid up member of the young Conservatives (a few years back), I helped distribute the 1983 election manifesto. If pressed for excuses, the beer was cheap! I would never, ever consider voting for the Labour party. I cannot express and articluate how much I detest this current 'New Labour' Government, they have altered our society for the worse, which is probably irreversible, and I could spend hours boring you with why I feel they are such a shower of patronising t***s. They 'social engineering' has gone too far.

What we lack is strong, focused leadership the sort that Maggie was so famous for.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #15
ChrisMWard
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 320d M Sport, E81 116d SE

Garage List
2006 120d SE  [0.00]
2007 335d A M Sport  [0.00]
1998 M3 Evo  [0.00]
2002 330d Sport  [0.00]
2004 330d Sport  [0.00]
The problem is that all governments, irrespective of their party, only plan for the short term and the problems happen when they get re-elected. It happened with tories when they were in for successive periods and the same thing has happened now with "New Labour" who aren't really that much diffefrent from the Conservatives. Why do you think Tony wanted out (apart from wanting to be president of Europe)? We would probably be better off if goverments were limited to two successive terms and no more. You would almost think that some governments make themselves so unpopular that they wont get elected next time because they know the mess they're leaving behind.

Regards

Chris
Previously: 2007 335D MSport E90 Le Mans Blue, 2004 330D A Sport Silver Grey, 2002 330D A Sport Saphire Black, 2001 320D SE Touring Titanium Silver, 1998 M3 Evo Techno Violet, 1996 328i Sport Montreal Blue, 1994 325i Coupe Red, 1989 325i Sport 2 door Dolphin Grey,1986 325i SE 4 door Lachs
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #16
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d M Sport, F15 X5 40d

I have to say that what makes me wish for the next election more than anything else is seeing the patronising faces of:
- Caroline Flint
- Hazel Blears
- Harriet 'Harperson'
- Ed 'the smarmie twat' Balls

All being voted out - the champagne will be flowing that day
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #17
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMWard View Post
The problem is that all governments, irrespective of their party, only plan for the short term and the problems happen when they get re-elected. It happened with tories when they were in for successive periods and the same thing has happened now with "New Labour" who aren't really that much diffefrent from the Conservatives. Why do you think Tony wanted out (apart from wanting to be president of Europe)? We would probably be better off if goverments were limited to two successive terms and no more. You would almost think that some governments make themselves so unpopular that they wont get elected next time because they know the mess they're leaving behind.

Regards

Chris
Chris .... I agree 100%
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 03:51 AM   #18
GarryF
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
In the end she had to go. Initially labour did some good things. Chiefly handing interest rate control to the bank of England. That alone stopped the politicians messing about with the economy and gave us the long period of stability that is now coming to an end.

For me Blair was just about holding it together, but Brown is a disaster. He made some good economic decisions as chancellor, but he makes bad ones in respect of the bigger picture. The changes to VED are idiotic and wrong, as was the abolition of the 10p starting rate of tax so soon after it was created.
Brown is being shown up now as the fraud he has been all along.

Labour came into power and then proceeded to follow tory spending plans to the letter from 1997-2002, it was only after 2002 when they decided to spend, spend, spend that things went down the tubes, the current financial woes have been predicted for several years, I recall watching a economist who sits in all these parlimentary reviews etc in 2005, at the time he said we'd morgaged our future and things owuld collapse in 2008 !!!

Handing the intrest rates over to the bank of england was sensible, they totally cocked this up though by dicking with the actual inflation figures by removing housing from it, the bank of england concentrates on CPI, not RPI. This has now led to artifially low intrest rates creating a fake housing boom which bought labour their 3rd victory.

PPI is a scandal, the country has borrowed in the region of £100 billion via this mechanism but none of this is included on the country's debt. On top of this the rates being paid are terrbile. The country has in effect borrowed this money on a credit card at 30%apr instead of going to the bank and borrowing at 5%, simply to keep the money off the books.

Same goes for network rail, another 10-20 billion off the books, and lets not forget northern rock, another 100 billion off the books.

Brown is responsible for messing up the financial regulaters since 1997, he wants everyone toothless so they can't tackle him, so when Northern Rock arrived no one stood up and took responsiblity

Frankly if brown was in the private sector and was running a business this way, he'd be getting locked up.

I read figures a month ago that showed 1m less jobs in manufacturing and 1m more jobs in the public sector, it's really easy to cure unemployment if the country hires everyone.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 05:16 AM   #19
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryF View Post
Brown is being shown up now as the fraud he has been all along.

Labour came into power and then proceeded to follow tory spending plans to the letter from 1997-2002, it was only after 2002 when they decided to spend, spend, spend that things went down the tubes, the current financial woes have been predicted for several years, I recall watching a economist who sits in all these parlimentary reviews etc in 2005, at the time he said we'd morgaged our future and things owuld collapse in 2008 !!!

Handing the intrest rates over to the bank of england was sensible, they totally cocked this up though by dicking with the actual inflation figures by removing housing from it, the bank of england concentrates on CPI, not RPI. This has now led to artifially low intrest rates creating a fake housing boom which bought labour their 3rd victory.

PPI is a scandal, the country has borrowed in the region of £100 billion via this mechanism but none of this is included on the country's debt. On top of this the rates being paid are terrbile. The country has in effect borrowed this money on a credit card at 30%apr instead of going to the bank and borrowing at 5%, simply to keep the money off the books.

Same goes for network rail, another 10-20 billion off the books, and lets not forget northern rock, another 100 billion off the books.

Brown is responsible for messing up the financial regulaters since 1997, he wants everyone toothless so they can't tackle him, so when Northern Rock arrived no one stood up and took responsiblity

Frankly if brown was in the private sector and was running a business this way, he'd be getting locked up.

I read figures a month ago that showed 1m less jobs in manufacturing and 1m more jobs in the public sector, it's really easy to cure unemployment if the country hires everyone.
All reasonable points, but the bottom line is that we have had a long and sustained period of economic growth and stability.

Whilst we have had a recession under Brown, the negative growth was low and it was short lived.

Instead of rampant boom and bust we have had steady growth.

That can't go on for ever, for some of the reasons you mention and also because the world gets in the way with oil prices and the credit crunch.

So we are going to have a proper recession and that is inevitable, but it doesn't detract from the security we have enjoyed for the last 10 years.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 09:44 AM   #20
GarryF
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SSII E90 M3

hmm, from my point of view the last 10 years of growth and stability have been nothing of the sort, what's actually happened is that the levels of mortgages and personal debt have grown to horrendous levels, combined with huge goverment borrowing and over spending while we should have been saving.

The last 10 years have been a hell of a party, but based mainly on borrowed money. Now it's time to pay it back and that could take just as long.

btw John Major was on the bbc this morning, was intresting to hear what he was saying, when asked about unemployment he said the rules for calculating it have been changed so much since 1997 that comparisons are pointless, so many people been moved onto disabilty allowance etc. He said at the end Brown received more praise than he was due when things were going well and will now receive more blaim than he is due for it all going wrong.

Anyways, polictics can be a firey subject, you make some good points in your post too, what is likely to happen is another 2 years of brown, then as things start to get better the tory's will get in and Osbourne will take all the credit for our "recovery" for the 5 years after that
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #21
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
My Dad was a member of the Labour party in the 70s and 80s and I've voted Labour since I was able to vote. Detest Thatcher with a passion and all who were associated with her. Whatever ill conceived messes Brown is creating, they all pale into insignificance, as far as I'm concerned, when compared to Thatcher's mob. Can't ever imagine putting a cross against a Conservative candidate unless it was in a local council election to tactically vote against the BNP, which has happened where I live. However I'm totally jaded as far as politics goes these days and find all of them to be self serving hypocrites.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2008, 10:22 AM   #22
BC4J
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
2007 E90 335d  [0.00]
Voting for Labour is like voting to put a vampire in charge of a blood bank. But as has been been said already, all politicians are useless cankers, so why bother...

Appreciate 0