E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Who's watching The Walking Dead!?

02-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #89
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abear View Post
Theres more to the scratches than the show is leading on. The scratches wont turn you..by themselves.
Makes me wish I had read the comics (a little).
      02-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #90
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
Suicide. That explains the (hidden) reason for the writers revisiting the topic with the daughter on the farm.
it's a stretch, but i'll bite the hook

they would've had to do something like cyanide pills, because they had no injuries to their bodies (like a self inflicted GSW, Noose, broken bones from jumping..)

They are supposed to reveal what the scientist told Rick this season, according to the interwebz.

EDIT::

I just noticed the Car/Hose comment you added - I totally missed that, im going to check my DVR and watch it again tonight. because that right there would be a great observation
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #91
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abear View Post
Theres more to the scratches than the show is leading on. The scratches wont turn you..by themselves.
One other mention - I wonder if Shane could now somehow be infected by his "scratch" - the knife he was using to cut his hand in the bus also had walker blood from the heads of the walkers he decomissioned.
      02-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #92
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

I feel like I'm missing something, aren't the 2 security guards the ones that they had come at them when they are were behind the fence testing out the knife to the heads theory?

or does everyone think these are 2 different walkers then those ones?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #93
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin@MMW View Post
it's a stretch, but i'll bite the hook

they would've had to do something like cyanide pills, because they had no injuries to their bodies (like a self inflicted GSW, Noose, broken bones from jumping..)
I know, I know, it's a stretch, but it's a fun stretch! LOL
      02-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #94
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
I feel like I'm missing something, aren't the 2 security guards the ones that they had come at them when they are were behind the fence testing out the knife to the heads theory?

Same 2.
      02-28-2012, 04:50 PM   #95
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post

Same, we are talking about the ones they killed at the fence
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #96
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

I feel like there's people participating in this conversation who just figured they were 2 dead people that they came across.

Or I just got myself lost, I'll just sit back and continue to watch the conversation
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 04:52 PM   #97
Abear
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
STFU.
Sorry. Although, its not like Im bringing anything more to the table than Diesel already has, just adding more to his theory.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #98
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

EDIT::

I just noticed the Car/Hose comment you added - I totally missed that, im going to check my DVR and watch it again tonight. because that right there would be a great observation
I was probably imagining it, but I thought they showed a brief glimpse when one of the guys (I think it was Rick, might be wrong) was between the cars.
      02-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #99
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I was probably imagining it, but I thought they showed a brief glimpse when one of the guys (I think it was Rick, might be wrong) was between the cars.
You've got me wondering now lol

in fact... I almost agree with you lol

--- Everyone is infected, the virus is highly contagious but is not activated until you die, and your brain is intact after your death. which would validate the observations of Shane using his knife to kill a walker, then cut himself, then kill another walker, without becoming one.

The cops/security guards play 2 parts here. they are tuned without injury, so it raises the suspicion we are all going over now, and secondly as Rick was leaving with the Kid, he was going to leave Shane to die. Instead he saw the bodies of the 2 cops side by side, remembers that it's "bro's before hoes" and goes back for him, and saves him. Thus allowing Rick to hold on to a stronger sense of "humanity" then if he just left him to die like Shane did to Otis.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #100
GetSomeE92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92

Quote:
One other mention - I wonder if Shane could now somehow be infected by his "scratch" - the knife he was using to cut his hand in the bus also had walker blood from the heads of the walkers he decomissioned.
I thought the same thing. Maybe the virus does not survive outside of a host.

However, in the very beginning of the show, the first people that Rick ran into when he made his way back to his house said something about people who were infected being overcome by fever, dying, then coming back. (That being what happened to the guy's wife.) If everyone was infected, wouldn't they have succombed to the fever by now?

I think that the scientist told Rick something about his wife being pregnant.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #101
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
secondly as Rick was leaving with the Kid, he was going to leave Shane to die. Instead he saw the bodies of the 2 cops side by side, remembers that it's "bro's before hoes" and goes back for him, and saves him. Thus allowing Rick to hold on to a stronger sense of "humanity" then if he just left him to die like Shane did to Otis.
Agree completely. The way the 2 bodies were laid side by side in their uniforms had to remind Rick of he and Shane in the 'old' days, working side by side.
      02-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #102
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 View Post

However, in the very beginning of the show, the first people that Rick ran into when he made his way back to his house said something about people who were infected being overcome by fever, dying, then coming back. (That being what happened to the guy's wife.) If everyone was infected, wouldn't they have succombed to the fever by now?
That's a great point about the 'fever'. I wonder is there is something that "activates" the fever in the living, thus some would not be 'activated' while living, but turn after death?
      02-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #103
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Gotta mention this: if there are any True Blood fans, did you recognize the actor who portrayed Rene in the bar scenes from the first return episode? He was the 'non-weight challenged' baddy in the bar.
      02-28-2012, 11:18 PM   #104
GetSomeE92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92

Quote:
Gotta mention this: if there are any True Blood fans, did you recognize the actor who portrayed Rene in the bar scenes from the first return episode? He was the 'non-weight challenged' baddy in the bar.
I noticed that as well. Surprised he was killed off so quickly; he is a good actor.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #105
FFM
PLEB R8
Rep
Drives: B9 SQ5 | R8 V8 6MT

Used to watch True Blood and stopped after a season or two ago when it just started getting weird and outlandish. Not a fan of the whole witch thing at all.
      02-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #106
Naptime
#Hashtag
Rep
Drives: around in circles

I sincerely hope that with the changing of show runners, The Walking Dead doesn't write itself in circles like Lost did a few years back.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #107
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 View Post
I thought the same thing. Maybe the virus does not survive outside of a host.

I think that the scientist told Rick something about his wife being pregnant
bingo...these are my thoughts exactly. i believe the scientist told Rick his wife was pregnant. and i thought it was common zombie scenario that once you're infected...it makes you ill (fever, etc.) and causes you to pass away usually within a few days...and then you return as the walking dead.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #108
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
bingo...these are my thoughts exactly. i believe the scientist told Rick his wife was pregnant. and i thought it was common zombie scenario that once you're infected...it makes you ill (fever, etc.) and causes you to pass away usually within a few days...and then you return as the walking dead.
Most of the time, although it depends on the type of Zombie/Dead Head/Walker/Zed's you are dealing with.

For example:

Resident evil - T-Virus causes a fever and infection and then you change and possibly mutate. If you carry the T-virus, it can repair you if you get an injury. the virus itself doesnt kill you - but it does take you over and you become more of a Host to it's will.

28 Days/Weeks Later - RAGE virus, the second your bit - you change. no fever, no sickness, you have 15-30seconds before you are a red eyed, super fast, super strong killing machine.

Dawn of the dead - Virus is very contagious and can infect with any fluid transfer from the Zombies to the People, causes a sickness and then you eventually die from the illness, and the virus brings you back.. as an angry killing machine. (also infects babies in the womb, and the Zombaby will be alive after the host mother dies if it is close enough to term)

Land of the Dead - Commonly you get bit, and then you are eaten because the zombies are hungry. If you survive the bite you change within 5-10 minutes without fever, you just fall over and then get up as a Walker.. Zombies also learned functional mechanics, and can use guns and climb fences. And cant be drowned. they seem to retain some of their former selves even as a walker.

Shaun of the Dead - Traditional zombies, slow, dumb, hungry. You get bit, get sick and then change. But, they also allowed you to change once bit without sickness (his mom did) - so they have both.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #109
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

What a crazy episode tonight. Rick needs to beat his son's ass.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #110
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

They should've killed Randall...
Appreciate 0