E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Big Motoring World, Independent Used BMW Cars for Sale in West Malling, Kent, Reviews

10-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #507
freestyleronli
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320CI M Sport

Although my post doesn't belong here.........

I bought a 320CI M Sport from them.

There was an issue with a scuff on the leather seats that wasn't resovled but it was very minor, so i wasn't that fussed.

Within 5 minutes of pulling away from the site, the 'coolant' warning light came on.

I took it back, they replaced the bleed screw and i've never had the problem again.

The 'sales' side might seem a bit dodgy (it did to me anyway) but the servicing department and aftercare i've had have been top notch.

I would buy from them again, but as someone said earlier - If you don't feel right, then don't buy from them.

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #508
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Are you fucking kidding me?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #509
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

Déjà vu x 10. Morons
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 04:03 PM   #510
freestyleronli
United Kingdom
Rep

Just my opinion!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #511
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
he's pulling your leg
Doh!!!..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 04:07 PM   #512
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyleronli View Post
Although my post doesn't belong here.........

I bought a 320CI M Sport from them.

There was an issue with a scuff on the leather seats that wasn't resovled but it was very minor, so i wasn't that fussed.

Within 5 minutes of pulling away from the site, the 'coolant' warning light came on.

I took it back, they replaced the bleed screw and i've never had the problem again.

The 'sales' side might seem a bit dodgy (it did to me anyway) but the servicing department and aftercare i've had have been top notch.

I would buy from them again, but as someone said earlier - If you don't feel right, then don't buy from them.

Now this I would never have been fooled by...
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #513
freestyleronli
United Kingdom
Rep

I was looking to get another car from them but im glad i found this when i googled.

I have only bought this one car and usually take it there for MOT and service etc.... as its cheap.

Now to trawl through the rest of the pages to see exactly whats been happening.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #514
freestyleronli
United Kingdom
Rep

Well, i'm only on page 10 and i think i've seen enough..........

Are there any second hand BMW places that people would recommend or is it safest to stick with Official BMW dealers?

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #515
freestyleronli
United Kingdom
Rep

Post overkill, but i am soooo grateful for this thread being made!

I DO NOT work for Big Motoring World, i am one of the rare people that have never had a genuine complaint about them.

However, it is not a position i will ever be in.

The one and only car I bought from them had high mileage but at a reasonable price. It seemed a bit too good to be true and now i can see why........ Call it naivity if you will.

I am looking to buy another 2nd hand BMW but rest assured - it will not be from these guys!

Last edited by freestyleronli; 10-28-2010 at 02:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2010, 06:12 PM   #516
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

there are plenty of good used car dealers out there.. you just have to use your head a bit more than if you were buying from a franchise dealer.

if anyone is capable / interested enough to make it onto this forum then you are more then capable of avoiding a lemon from these bellends.

buy any used car with some dealer warranty remaining, and tbh you're laughing
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 12:00 AM   #517
freestyleronli
United Kingdom
Rep

Ok, thanks for the advice.

I've seen a couple of nice cars dotted about the place at various dealers, so i'll bear in mind what i've heard here to try and avoid similar issues!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 02:07 AM   #518
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM View Post
there are plenty of good used car dealers out there.. you just have to use your head a bit more than if you were buying from a franchise dealer.

if anyone is capable / interested enough to make it onto this forum then you are more then capable of avoiding a lemon from these bellends.

buy any used car with some dealer warranty remaining, and tbh you're laughing
Until the engine and gearbox explode a week outside of warranty and BMW tell you to go spin for some goodwill...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 03:46 AM   #519
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
Until the engine and gearbox explode a week outside of warranty and BMW tell you to go spin for some goodwill...
Though of course you could extend the warranty
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:09 AM   #520
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicnerve View Post
but you have of course had it serviced correctly in the time you owned it.

therefore a failing gearbox/engine will have been noted on the inspection.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:16 AM   #521
snellfish
We Fear No Foe
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport

Well 2 weeks after picking up my 320d M Sport 2006 from Big Motoring World, Im happy to say ive not had an problems with the car (touch wood), I even managed to drive the car to Dorset and back (44mpg) without the car blowing up into a thousand pieces and guess what else the car was taken off the website the day after I picked it up. shocking really!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 04:27 AM   #522
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellfish View Post
Well 2 weeks after picking up my 320d M Sport 2006 from Big Motoring World, Im happy to say ive not had an problems with the car (touch wood), I even managed to drive the car to Dorset and back (44mpg) without the car blowing up into a thousand pieces and guess what else the car was taken off the website the day after I picked it up. shocking really!
perhaps they are under new ownership...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #523
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You bought after seeing this thread - brave -
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 04:01 AM   #524
Falmouthboy
Squadron Leader (Ret'd)
Rep
Drives: E91 330d SE & Mini Coupe JCW

Quote:
Well if you are 'for real' (and I'm sure you will understand why I say that if you have read the whole thread) thats great. To be honest I would expect nothing less from a 2006 320d!

Perhaps a recent visit from Trading Standards has encouraged them to be a little more circumspect with their advertising.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 04:15 AM   #525
snellfish
We Fear No Foe
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falmouthboy View Post
Well if you are 'for real' (and I'm sure you will understand why I say that if you have read the whole thread) thats great. To be honest I would expect nothing less from a 2006 320d!

Perhaps a recent visit from Trading Standards has encouraged them to be a little more circumspect with their advertising.
maybe? could prob say the same for BMW themselves...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=24
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 05:36 AM   #526
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
maybe? could prob say the same for BMW themselves...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=24
Somewhat different (although BMW could have been much better) And to be fair BMW did come through in the end. What service do you think you would get from Big Motoring World if a turbo went after driving out of their gates? Probably a warranty claim maxing out at £300....

This is one of the scary things about second hand premium cars, I had an audi tts which blew up three weeks after purchase the bill was £6000 + VAT + fitting (probably about £11,000) fortunately all done under warranty with Audi. This was despite the fact that their computer told them I had been 'driving inefficiently' Needless to say I sold before the dealer warranty expired.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 05:49 AM   #527
snellfish
We Fear No Foe
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by russtic View Post
Somewhat different (although BMW could have been much better) And to be fair BMW did come through in the end. What service do you think you would get from Big Motoring World if a turbo went after driving out of their gates? Probably a warranty claim maxing out at £300....

This is one of the scary things about second hand premium cars, I had an audi tts which blew up three weeks after purchase the bill was £6000 + VAT + fitting (probably about £11,000) fortunately all done under warranty with Audi. This was despite the fact that their computer told them I had been 'driving inefficiently' Needless to say I sold before the dealer warranty expired.
TBH nothing. I didn't go to look at the car a think to myself "I'll buy the car from these as the car will be covered with a 3 month warranty" I bought the car as it was a good price for a good car with decent mileage, the same as If I had bought the car privately. If I had wanted piece of mind and a warranty I would have bought the same spec car from Stephen James BMW for an extra £4k.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 06:04 AM   #528
russtic
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
TBH nothing. I didn't go to look at the car a think to myself "I'll buy the car from these as the car will be covered with a 3 month warranty" I bought the car as it was a good price for a good car with decent mileage, the same as If I had bought the car privately. If I had wanted piece of mind and a warranty I would have bought the same spec car from Stephen James BMW for an extra £4k.
Thats fair comment, though as has been mentioned you might as well go with BCA. I bought my current BMW out of the network for a saving of about £8k but it has nearly 2 years warranty left so any problems I would go to BMW direct. It was not valeted properly and has several stone chips (which I would have got BMW to sort) but I could not afford the extra!
Appreciate 0