E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Trying to back door the system

11-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
pwdrtoastman
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Trying to back door the system

To the BMW community and e90post:

I would like to update the community on the transaction between myself and pgaplayerless.

PGAPLAYERLESS purchased 2 pieces of exhaust from me, 1x Rennart CBE ($265) and 1x set of dps ($90).

-He paid using Paypal via his American Express card.

-The CBE was advertised as modified, as it was built for a coupe and was heavily modified for a sedan. The muffler spacing brackets were removed prior to shipping. These brackets were never used because of these modifications.

-Originally the CBE was $1200 brand new.

Pgaplayerless filed an false report to American Express stating: the product was faulty and incomplete, American Express in turn filed a chargeback claim with paypal, resulting in a sum of $350 being with drawn from my account and returned to Pgplayerless. ($350 was the sum of the entire sale not just the CBE; he neglected to inform AMX or paypal of this).

Pay Pal than conducted their own investigation in which Pay Pal found on my behalf and starting working on a resolution with American Express. After 6 weeks, American Express declined Pay Pals findings and retained the $350, remember $350 was the sum of the entire sale not just the CBE.

Because the coward falsely filed through American Express, Pay Pal was forced to with drawl the money from my account with out me having the exhaust returned to me. Pgplayerless has my Rennart Exhaust, Down Pipes and he his money. He has yet to send me back my product, it has been over 6 weeks.

As a result:

I have contacted American Express (commercial) directly using my merchant code to access his claim. Currently American Express (security) has opened a fraudulent claim investigation against pgplayerless for lying and making a false claim.

Also, in our user agreement with PayPal you cannot hold both the money and the product. Because pgplayers has both money and product Pay Pal has given him 72 hours to pay me or ship the entire contents of the sale to my residence.

On a side note **** pgplayers attempted to back door Pay Pal by using American Express to file his claim. In 96hrs If i don't receive payment or the exhaust pieces his pay pal account will be shut off and my money will be returned through Pay Pal. His account will be charged $350 through what ever currency/card he has on his account. If the exhaust is not in the same condition it was sent to him in, Pay Pal will charge him the $350 and I get to keep my exhaust.

I implore the users of this forum to understand your rights as a buyer/seller using Pay Pal. Pay Pal will work for you if you are right and just!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
He could have sent you back a box of rocks and the outcome of the story would be completely different. Many users have been burned badly accepting paypal as a seller.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

as a former ebay seller, i've been burned from some paypal transactions too, but overall the experience was positive. if the guy has no reservations outright lying, it's tough to deal with. after four seasons scammed $20k from me, i cut up all my credit cards and never looked back. they'll spend it all on doctors.

cash and carry is how i do it now, the old fashioned way

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 11-01-2013 at 04:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdrtoastman View Post
To the BMW community and e90post:

I would like to update the community on the transaction between myself and pgaplayerless.

PGAPLAYERLESS purchased 2 pieces of exhaust from me, 1x Rennart CBE ($265) and 1x set of dps ($90).

-He paid using Paypal via his American Express card.

-The CBE was advertised as modified, as it was built for a coupe and was heavily modified for a sedan. The muffler spacing brackets were removed prior to shipping. These brackets were never used because of these modifications.

-Originally the CBE was $1200 brand new.

Pgaplayerless filed an false report to American Express stating: the product was faulty and incomplete, American Express in turn filed a chargeback claim with paypal, resulting in a sum of $350 being with drawn from my account and returned to Pgplayerless. ($350 was the sum of the entire sale not just the CBE; he neglected to inform AMX or paypal of this).

Pay Pal than conducted their own investigation in which Pay Pal found on my behalf and starting working on a resolution with American Express. After 6 weeks, American Express declined Pay Pals findings and retained the $350, remember $350 was the sum of the entire sale not just the CBE.

Because the coward falsely filed through American Express, Pay Pal was forced to with drawl the money from my account with out me having the exhaust returned to me. Pgplayerless has my Rennart Exhaust, Down Pipes and he his money. He has yet to send me back my product, it has been over 6 weeks.

As a result:

I have contacted American Express (commercial) directly using my merchant code to access his claim. Currently American Express (security) has opened a fraudulent claim investigation against pgplayerless for lying and making a false claim.

Also, in our user agreement with PayPal you cannot hold both the money and the product. Because pgplayers has both money and product Pay Pal has given him 72 hours to pay me or ship the entire contents of the sale to my residence.

On a side note **** pgplayers attempted to back door Pay Pal by using American Express to file his claim. In 96hrs If i don't receive payment or the exhaust pieces his pay pal account will be shut off and my money will be returned through Pay Pal. His account will be charged $350 through what ever currency/card he has on his account. If the exhaust is not in the same condition it was sent to him in, Pay Pal will charge him the $350 and I get to keep my exhaust.

I implore the users of this forum to understand your rights as a buyer/seller using Pay Pal. Pay Pal will work for you if you are right and just!
1) How did you ship it?

2) Is he in state or out of state?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

tons of lube, and possibly condoms
      11-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Thought this was going to be about trying to get your gf to like anal
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aM. View Post
Thought this was going to be about trying to get your gf to like anal
I too was pretty intrigued about this "trying the back door". Oh well.

Glad to hear everything is working out in your favor OP. With the amount of scams going on, it seems PayPal usually tries to help the best they can.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

It seem to be the new method of screwing people using paypal, then filling a CC claim since CC will stand behind the buyer. As you seen here in order for you to prevail you will need to have everything fully documented and have to file claims with paypal as well as the CC company. First most people do not know what to do to reclaim what was taken and two paypal and CC companies do not make it easy that is for sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #9
pwdrtoastman
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

UPDATE:
Paypal has not received any tracking numbers or communication from pgplayerless. They have refunded me and paypal is going to restrict his account.

Guess it doesn't pay to be a cheating piece of shit.
Appreciate 0