E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > From Washington’s Crossing to the Devil’s Church: A BMW Tour of the Delaware River

05-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #89
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniter View Post
Great article and coverage, I live in Doylestown and knew Violet growing up, she's delightful. Geri was an Elementary school teacher of mine and one of the most supportive and wonderful people I've had the pleasure of knowing.
uniter,

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to meet Geri and Violet. I emailed them to make sure that they would read your post. Outstanding teachers can make an incredible difference in our lives, and I certainly have the impression that Geri qualifies on all counts. My copy of Violet's new book has just arrived, and I'm looking forward to reading it very much.

Rick
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #90
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGEE View Post
That bridge photo brought back a memory for me. When I was a kid and got in trouble, my dad always uttered these feared words: "Let's go for a little ride". So years ago I sent him a similar picture doctored-up with my own son, just to let him know I'd improved on his tactic.

NGEE,

Ha, ha--I love it!

Of course, who knows what your son will send you in 15 years or so…

Rick
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #91
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCali E36 View Post
This is simply amazing! I'd much rather do this over a Euro delivery any day.
SoCali E36,

I've always wanted to do a Euro delivery. Maybe these tours are my way of compensating?

Glad you liked the report!

Rick
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #92
boostmiser
Private
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Sport

Probably the most extensive and colorful thread I've ever read on any forum. Excellent job.
I'm from the area and there are many great historical things to see. From Valley Forge to the DuPont powder mill. Unfortunately, in our hustle bustle lives, we forget to stop and look around. That makes this thread very unique.
      05-04-2014, 12:02 PM   #93
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousq View Post
Great write up. My wife is from Bucks County PA so I have seen some of the places you have been brings back memories thanks!!!
infamousq,

Thanks--and I'm glad the tour brought back some memories for you. As they say, "It's a great place to visit, but I wouldn't…" Actually, it would be a fine place to live!

Rick
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2014, 12:07 PM   #94
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostmiser View Post
Probably the most extensive and colorful thread I've ever read on any forum. Excellent job.
I'm from the area and there are many great historical things to see. From Valley Forge to the DuPont powder mill. Unfortunately, in our hustle bustle lives, we forget to stop and look around. That makes this thread very unique.
boostmiser,

You make a good point. I spent years flying around the country and giving speeches. Typically I would fly in, say to San Francisco, and fly out again immediately after the talk without having seen anything of the city. An economist friend of mine did the same thing for a speech in Hawaii, for crying out loud!

Life can often be too dang busy for our own good. That's why it's doubly important to hop in the BMW and go some place for the sake of going, not just because you have to be there. I hope you get / make the chance every so often!

Rick
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #95
Grounded.4.Life
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: sold and sourly missed'07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick F. View Post
Grounded,

THANKS!

Rick
Looks like an awesome trip and very well documented!
Great work RIck.

@twist.ed.m
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 10:36 AM   #96
Bronze
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Beautiful! I don't see this part of the US that much anymore, and the old buildings and history are so cool!
      05-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #97
Rick F.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
Beautiful! I don't see this part of the US that much anymore, and the old buildings and history are so cool!
Bronze,

I'm glad that you liked the report. it is amazing how much cool old stuff is just sitting around, waiting to be found. And every old house has a story--most of which, unfortunately, are now long lost.

Rick
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 12:01 PM   #98
Jonjt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick F. View Post
Jonjt,

Glad you liked it! I've been known to park in the middle of bridges for photos, too--occasionally to the annoyance of someone who wants to, you know, use the bridge for crossing something…

All in the name of Great Art!

Rick
Yeah, I can see some of the locals becoming irate. Although, things move slow-ish in that part of NJ. I'd expect their ire to quickly die-down.
Appreciate 0