E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > e92 SE rear bumper lip

11-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
imygaf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

e92 SE rear bumper lip

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has seen any add on lips for se rear bumper. I've been looking and the only thing i can find is the JP Vizage rear add ons, but don't really like the look of them.

I just bought a e92 se and would like to add on a msport kit but the roads where I live are really bad so don't want to lower the car, and don't think it would look right at standard height.
So I have decided to fit an aero front with msport sides but don't know what to do with the rear bumper. Any ideas appreciated.

I'm also planning a m3 boot lip spoiler, black grilles and window surround and tints.

Just hope it looks ok without lowering it, what you gus think?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Sheepy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Competition

Personally I would just go with the mods you have planned as they will make a massive difference, IMO the SE front bumper with the aero lip looks better than the M sport front bumper & the M sport rear bumper is nothing special without a performance diffuser fitted. I would leave the rear bumper & just fit the lip spoiler as this makes the rear look much better, I have an M sport coupe so not being biased either.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by imygaf View Post
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has seen any add on lips for se rear bumper. I've been looking and the only thing i can find is the JP Vizage rear add ons, but don't really like the look of them.

I just bought a e92 se and would like to add on a msport kit but the roads where I live are really bad so don't want to lower the car, and don't think it would look right at standard height.
So I have decided to fit an aero front with msport sides but don't know what to do with the rear bumper. Any ideas appreciated.

I'm also planning a m3 boot lip spoiler, black grilles and window surround and tints.

Just hope it looks ok without lowering it, what you gus think?
I'm in the same dilemma as you my friend.

I've added an M3 rear boot spoiler which adds a lovely touch at a small price, plan on the Aero Front and also an M Sport Bumper n mM Sport side skirts. I thought I would be ok with the SE rear bumper but I may change to an M Sport one with a perf diffuser after the NY... makes the rear far more aggressive (even without the perf diffuser).

Last edited by AWBimmer; 11-23-2012 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
old grey steve
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MK 7.5 Golf R

Looking for ideas forming for the future, Sport Font/Rear bumpers along with perhaps a different side skirt set up could be on the cards, boot lid wise chances are I'll do another CSL boot lid conversion like I did on my E46 saloon. Been looking on here and a couple of other places for ideas.......

Time patience will I hope pay dividends
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2012, 02:23 PM   #5
imygaf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 325i

Thanks for replies. I think ill probably just go with what i said before and leave the rear for a while and just see how i feel.

At the moment ive got 18" star alloys. Can anyone advise if i would notice a difference in ride quality if i was to go for 19s? And how it would look without lowering?
Appreciate 0