E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help with an amp choice

02-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #45
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegeezer View Post
Cheers Mob17 but I'm gonna decline, looks like a tidy setup tho.
Cheers.

It does feel wrong letting it go. I'm on the fence at the moment.

Anyways looking forward to see what you do!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #46
Cheesegeezer
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M Sport

I wouldn't part with it either, coz you'll want it back one day and there's a lot of time and money spent on a system like that, plus the pure enjoyment of it everytime you take a drive!!!!!

So Mob17, what kind of mid bass do the Jens produce? Is it quite tight and punch or more boomy. I'm very curious for obvious reasons for my install.

Cheers

My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #47
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't part with it either, coz you'll want it back one day and there's a lot of time and money spent on a system like that, plus the pure enjoyment of it everytime you take a drive!!!!!

So Mob17, what kind of mid bass do the Jens produce? Is it quite tight and punch or more boomy. I'm very curious for obvious reasons for my install.

Cheers
I know, I was driving about today and was really missing it I'm slightly more in favour of keeping it all now.

Mid bass from the Jehnerts is definately more tight, punchy and feels accurate, rather than boomy. You'll want to set them on a 80hz HP though and let your sub do everything below that.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 02:51 AM   #48
Cheesegeezer
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I think you should keep it, definitely!!

Thats good to know about the Jehnerts, its exactly the type of mid i am looking for. Had a read on their website and they also suggest minimum of 80Hz as a starting point. How much oomph are you sending to the Jens? Think i'll get the iPaul 2.300 amp to drive these.

Ok so now i think the shopping list has changed yet again, think i'll still keep the rainbow vanadiums but go 2 way thru iPaul 4.300 amp.

Mob17..... Dont do it lol

My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #49
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I think you should keep it, definitely!!

Thats good to know about the Jehnerts, its exactly the type of mid i am looking for. Had a read on their website and they also suggest minimum of 80Hz as a starting point. How much oomph are you sending to the Jens? Think i'll get the iPaul 2.300 amp to drive these.

Ok so now i think the shopping list has changed yet again, think i'll still keep the rainbow vanadiums but go 2 way thru iPaul 4.300 amp.

Mob17..... Dont do it lol
Lol. I don't think i will now, last few days have been awful listening to the base set up. Now i just have to make the morels fit in the doors. Might start the install this week.

When hooked up, i used a vibe litebox stereo 4, 90w each. BP from 80hz-300hz. I think the Jehnrts are rated up to 130w. You just need to be careful as i have heard that the Jehnerts will reach their thermal limits before their mechanical limits, so you won't have an audible warning, just a nasty smell But i haven't read anyone whose managed to do this. As long as you send them clean unclipped power they will be fine, as long as it's not ridiculously high!

If you do want to buy them, i'd suggest ringing up Jehnert in Germany. They will happily ship a set over with adaptors (without xovers), for around €300. I managed to bargain with them and got them for €250, but i visited them whilst in Europe so maybe they felt kinder then

There are other underseats that will work too. There's the Morel ADMW 9", but it is pricey. The Kicker SSMB 8 is apparantly just as good for mid bass as the Jehnerts. They are discontinued and therefore probably cheaper. Link http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=160941779520

How much power is that amp rated for? I've tried looking but can't seem to find a data sheet.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #50
Cheesegeezer
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Good decision Mob17, enjoy your install, if you find the time!! nothing is impossible, somethings are just more difficult than others lol

Here's Rainbows spec sheet, you probably couldn't find it coz i wrote the model down wrong in the above post. Should have been 2.400 lol

http://213.23.92.133/rainbow/technical.aspx?pa=112111&lan=ENG

DNAaudio do the full set at a reasonable price too. About £900 for the 3 iPaul Amps. (4ch, 2ch and digi mono)

Well you'll have to start a build thread as i'd love to see your progress.

I just need find an e90 to buy!!

My Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #51
Cheesegeezer
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Here she is

Well..... after being let down by my first Vendor, I have got myself a cheeky lil 320i M Sport 2008(which I picked up on monday) and I have to say she's beautiful!!!!

I have already purchased a new dash trim(air vent one), a load of fibre glass and resin for the first attempt for ipad mini install. Sods Law but I've been sent to Norway today for work but will get straight onto the fabrication once I get back with this mini project.

I've added some piccies but they don't really do her justice, just had to share her with you guys.

Hope you like

My Build Thread
Appreciate 0