E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > V3 and Meth Injection/O2 Simm/FMIC Capability??

04-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #1
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 67 Camaro SS

V3 and Meth Injection/O2 Simm/FMIC Capability??

Shiv said something about v3 being able to implement something for meth injection. I have not ordered my kit yet and was wondering what anyone at Vishnu or any official "insiders" think I should buy into. Is v3 going to offer direct meth control? Or is it going to be a simple option to just raise boost a little more?

Also, was wondering, is v3 going to have maps immediately available for O2 simms? Or is this coming in the near future? I am holding off on downpipes until I know v3 will keep me CEL free.

Also are aftermarket FMICs going to run well with meth injection and DPs as well? Is v3 going to provide for this from the minute it is released or somewhere down the road? Just trying to check my p's and q's to avoid boost spikes.

Thank for any info you guys can provide.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Anyone?
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
Shiv said something about v3 being able to implement something for meth injection. I have not ordered my kit yet and was wondering what anyone at Vishnu or any official "insiders" think I should buy into. Is v3 going to offer direct meth control? Or is it going to be a simple option to just raise boost a little more?

Also, was wondering, is v3 going to have maps immediately available for O2 simms? Or is this coming in the near future? I am holding off on downpipes until I know v3 will keep me CEL free.

Also are aftermarket FMICs going to run well with meth injection and DPs as well? Is v3 going to provide for this from the minute it is released or somewhere down the road? Just trying to check my p's and q's to avoid boost spikes.

Thank for any info you guys can provide.
We'll have documentation for 3rd party meth systems soon. Just wrapping up other details right now in time for Bimmerfest
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

What type of meth system are you guys using? This is what I am most interested in. If you could elaborate even a litte, that would be great. Thank you for responding though!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #5
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Shiv, I need to know what system to order . I guess I will PM you in a little .
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #6
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Buy any 3rd party meth system you feel works the best for you. We'll just enable the leanrun protection, overboost protection and adjust the AFR targets for meth use. The ECU will do the rest. Unless the jet clogs at which time you will have an expensive paper weight under your hood. Be careful.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #7
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks, just shot you a PM about it, but thanks for the info. Do you know what the boost limits would be when set for meth use? Are you going to have an option for meth/race gas combo? What would the boost look like for those bad boys?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #8
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Would you recommend Stage 1 Boost Cooler or Stage 2 Boost Cooler from Snow Performance? Stage 1 just injects a fixed amount of spray once boost hits a certain PSI. Stage 2 starts injecting at a certain PSI, but then increases injection amounts as the PSI increases. Any thoughts on which is better and why?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
To tell the truth, I can't even recommend any meth kit right now. I haven't tried it myself to see how the engine responds. I'm sure it will respond great and effectively solve the fuel system limitation problem as well as help a ton with charge cooling. It's just what happens when it runs out (or the jet clogs) that scares me. Perhaps we'll just need to stick with a small jet and only use it for minor enrichment/cooling. Instead of doing it Evo-style and dumping it in there in copious amounts!

shiv
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:07 PM   #10
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thank you for your honesty. I will be trying out the meth kit as well as V3(already have v2 and love it). If you somehow need me to datalog or jump on as a meth system beta tester, I am game. In your opinnion, would you go with a fixed amount of spray at all PSI in a general PSI range i.e. 6 - 14 psi? Or would you go a PSI based system that would respond such as 60% injection @ 6 PSI and 100% injection at 14 PSI?

I guess you would also have to take into account the fact that boost tapers at higher RPMs as well and the cooling would surely be needed up top as well. If you could just throw your 2 cents one way or the other, I would appreciate it and return it with my thanks of datalogging, etc. Of course you could ship me one of those v3 kits early so we could get some logs done, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:10 PM   #11
chris b.
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: zmp e90

Garage List
2010 335i  [0.00]
interesting.... rideelement, funny how were both all over this. lol

Brentuning Cobb AP pro tune -IG: @beemeraddict
2010 335i zmp fbo, 465/513 E60 mix
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:14 PM   #12
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yeah, first you copy my catchcan idea, now this!

I guess great minds think alike. I was going to go with a NOS sprayed intercooler, but decided against it in favor of meth. The v3 opportunities seem to be great with this.

I hope shiv lets me know which system I should get so I can get to work on it .
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:15 PM   #13
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
To tell the truth, I can't even recommend any meth kit right now. I haven't tried it myself to see how the engine responds. I'm sure it will respond great and effectively solve the fuel system limitation problem as well as help a ton with charge cooling. It's just what happens when it runs out (or the jet clogs) that scares me. Perhaps we'll just need to stick with a small jet and only use it for minor enrichment/cooling. Instead of doing it Evo-style and dumping it in there in copious amounts!

shiv
There is a flow transducer unit mated to a solenoid that can effectively protect from clogged jets and running out. Solenoid could be used on either the wastegate lines or diverter lines to immediately stop boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Buy any 3rd party meth system you feel works the best for you. We'll just enable the leanrun protection, overboost protection and adjust the AFR targets for meth use. The ECU will do the rest. Unless the jet clogs at which time you will have an expensive paper weight under your hood. Be careful.

Shiv
Will you be outputting a signal from the procede though?
      04-29-2008, 08:20 PM   #14
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I think he is just going to make a juiced up map for it. At least that is what I gather.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 08:25 PM   #15
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideelement247 View Post
I think he is just going to make a juiced up map for it. At least that is what I gather.
I'm hoping not, I know it's probably easier for him to make an output then the map itself so I don't see why he wouldn't now that he's decided to do it. Plus if he plans on doing it to solve the fueling issue there's no choice but to make an output.

Looking forward to it though. This is something that track guys could REALLY benefit from.
      04-29-2008, 08:39 PM   #16
rideelement247
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
I'm hoping not, I know it's probably easier for him to make an output then the map itself so I don't see why he wouldn't now that he's decided to do it. Plus if he plans on doing it to solve the fueling issue there's no choice but to make an output.

Looking forward to it though. This is something that track guys could REALLY benefit from.
Or people looking to push 400whp. Sucks now that BMW is cracking down. I would be royally pissed if I had to get my meth kit uninstalled for some uncalled for issue such as fuel pump, etc.
Appreciate 0