E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Diameter of the 320d exhaust pipe?

06-18-2006, 04:06 AM   #1
frank the rabbit
France
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

Question Diameter of the 320d exhaust pipe?

Hello all,

I am a new member and will be a new e90 owner in 1 week
It make a bit more than one month that I am wiating for it, that was long...

This car is really nice and I can't wait to drive it home. As I have seen on some other topics the only small issue is regarding the exhaust pipe. My e90 is a 320d without particle filter and the downturned exhaust is not that nice

So I am planning to change it and I was starting to look for aftermarket exhaust tip, only issue my dealer is quite far from my place and there not that much e90 were I live, so I could not find the size of the stock exhaust of the 320d...
Could some one tell me the diameter of the exhaust if he knows it or may be go to his car and measure it for me, that would be very nice

I am planning to put a Y connector to have twin exhaust tip (look's better for me). I don't know what size would be the best I don't want something too big... I was thinking of 2* 70mm or 2* 76mm. Can you show me some pictures of a e90 with that kind of exhaust tips?

What is the size of the one on the 330 ? it looks already good, is this 2* 70mm?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

Last edited by frank the rabbit; 06-19-2006 at 02:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 02:26 AM   #2
frank the rabbit
France
Rep

Hello

No one to answer my question?

I was thinking of buying the exhaust tip today so that i could go with it to my dealer (they told me that they will put it on my car if i bring it)

They also think the 320d exhaust is not nice...
      06-19-2006, 02:59 AM   #3
luckystrike
First Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 MSport

firstly you should have put particle filter on it, i have mine with no price at all just ask you dealer but any case., i dont see any aftermarket tip for those without particle filter. good luck

black saph./black leather/xenon/heated seatscomfort pkg./advantage pkg
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 06:05 AM   #4
frank the rabbit
France
Rep

Thank you for your reply.

In France the particle filter on the 320d is not the default option and the dealer are advising not to take it... Actually it is to late now to change this option on my car as i will receive it in one week.

Because of the downturned part I think I will have to cut the end of the exhaust and then put an chrome tip on it (I would like a dual exit one).

Still I would appreciate a lot that someone give me the diameter of the pipe on the 320d.
This diameter/size would probably have to be measured a bit before the end of the pipe were it becomes an oval (as you can see on 320d picture with particle filter I have found on the internet).

Thank you.
Attached Images

07-06-2006, 08:22 AM   #5
DirkB
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 420i GC Lci

No particle filter

Did your dealer tell you exactly why he advised against the particle filter? I bought my 320d with this extra, costing 605€.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
luckystrike
First Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 MSport

im little bit confused why is the dealer didnt want you to have a particle filter? anyways i think it should be a standard now for all bmw diesel. up to now i still wonder why my dealer didnt charge me for my particle filter

black saph./black leather/xenon/heated seatscomfort pkg./advantage pkg
Appreciate 0