E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Shop Report Beamer Auto in Clinton MD

11-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
BlackDCe93
Rep
Drives: 2008 Black 328i Convertible

Shop Report Beamer Auto in Clinton MD

Just thought I would share a quick shop write up with everyone on Beamer Auto in Clinton MD.

My iDrive gave me a inspection notification so I called BMW of Alexandria up to get a quick estimate and description of what would be needed. Since I was a couple months out of the included service, this would be my first out of pocket service expense on my 2008 328i e93 convertible.

BMW quoted $260 for the inspection and an additional $140 for them to perform a scope that according to them was also necessary. When I asked about the work I was told that fluids would not be changed and that it was just a thorough inspection of the car. Considering that $400 would be a pretty thorough ding to my wallet, I decided to look around to find a local shop that might be able to do the same job for less.

After searching around I found Kevin at Beamer Auto in Clinton MD on another board. Had some good really great reviews and the prices were much less than the dealership so I decided to set up an appt. I had to move it around due to work issues and Kevin accommodated each change with ease.

Clinton MD is a bit of a hike for me since I live in DC, but no different than going to any other DC suburb in MD or VA. The shop was also off the beaten path a bit, but that's what Navigation is for.

Met Kevin (the owner) who greeted me when I pulled up and was impressed. Really nice and friendly guy who worked at a local dealership and is a Master BMW Technician.

First of all the shop is SPOTLESS. Totally spotless. Not a drop of oil, dust, grime, clutter or anything. Very different from any other small shop that I have come across. First impression was solid.

Even though it was early for it, I also opted to get my oil changed in addition to my inspection since i was there. Never hurts in my opinion, but I am sure others would disagree.

Kevin wrote me up and showed me around the waiting room. Again spotless and very comfortable. Couches, tons of enthusiast magazines, large wall mounted flat screen tv with hard drive based media center, fridge with water, juice and soda etc. Media center was awesome. It had around 300 different HD movies installed. Pretty much every major movie over the past 10 years was on it so waiting for an hour for the work was comfortable.

Car was done and Kevin pointed out two things that he himself said I should just keep an eye on and possibly address down the road. Didnt even try to sell me on them.

Final tally including oil change was 1/3 of what the dealership would have charged and with zero drama, attitude or upsell. Best part was Kevin showing me his beautiful personal e39 M5. Pretty sweet and meticulously clean car.

I was a bit skeptical of going to a small shop, but considering that many on the boards have personal favorites that you all have raved about in terms of enhanced service and savings over the dealership, I got over it and glad I did.

Details-

Beamer Auto
http://beamerauto.com/
6312 Aaron Lane
Clinton, Maryland 20735
240-257-2775
beamerauto@gmail.com

Last edited by BlackDCe93; 11-28-2012 at 07:24 PM..
Appreciate 0