E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > help upgrading stereo please

02-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
teemmy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: n/a

help upgrading stereo please

Hey ya'll. I need some help figuring out what I audio system i have and what I can do to make it better. I've been looking at threads and i've been trying to figure out what I have and what I can do

I have a MY 2009 and the only package that my car comes with is the m-sport package so I don't think I have hifi, or top hifi.. Which I assume means i have the normal stereo? Anyway, I don't think I have the super weak stereo that my2010/2011 people have been talking about. I have front tweeters, which makes me think that my car might be hifi?

Anyway, I want to upgrade and I was wondering if people could help me out with what I should go with. I've been looking at in the classifieds for used L7s.

Can someone clarify what stereo I do have, and what best bang for the buck plug and plays i can get?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Go to the top sticky in the section, read through; report back.

There is MORE THAN ENOUGH info in there to determine your system with 100% confidence.

There is also another option the e90 secret hidden radio menu...hold down 'm' for 10s immediately after powering on and scroll over to "Audio" and it will tell you Stereo/Hifi, etc
Appreciate 0