E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 07-09 e92 for 17k

03-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #23
EverybodyWildOu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mex2309 View Post
It's actually pretty funny. i laughed. learn to take a joke
I can take jokes perfectly fine man. I'm just growing weary about people saying what is and isn't possible. Such negativity around here is all I'm saying. And it's interesting because it's almost like everyone is cutting and pasting the same thing over and over. And almost every single one is in such a condescending manner. Over what? A car? It's just a car. Not something life altering like buying a house...

But regardless I'm meeting up to check out that blue one I mentioned earlier, this Friday. I've seen pictures and checked the carfax and it's looking pretty damn clean. The shop called Bimmer Clinic in NJ is going to take a look at it for me. If all goes well then that will be my 335i.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #24
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Without even a trace of sarcasm or joke, realistically the market price for a car with those specs will be at least at 23k range. Its just the market thats all.

the milege that you want just won't happen with under 20k. if it does it is either bone base model without sports pkg / navi or a salvage.

the reason why you are getting so much comments is what you want is near impossible to find. not saying being sarcastic or joking around is a polite or right thing to do. its just that such an unreasonable price will have some of these guys ticked off. anyways gl

if you dont mind go ahead and put the link to that blue one. that might silence the critics and have them believe you.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #25
EverybodyWildOu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpride335i View Post
Without even a trace of sarcasm or joke, realistically the market price for a car with those specs will be at least at 23k range. Its just the market thats all.

the milege that you want just won't happen with under 20k. if it does it is either bone base model without sports pkg / navi or a salvage.

the reason why you are getting so much comments is what you want is near impossible to find. not saying being sarcastic or joking around is a polite or right thing to do. its just that such an unreasonable price will have some of these guys ticked off. anyways gl

if you dont mind go ahead and put the link to that blue one. that might silence the critics and have them believe you.
Honestly I've been looking for ONLY a week and saw quite a few sub 20k with about 70k miles. So am I really being unrealistic? I don't believe so. The car is 6 yrs old... I never specified anything about nav or sports package. But indeed this blue one doesn't have the sports pkg but has Nav and 6spd w/ other add ons. I wittled him down to 18k in cash. Prices for cars are always going to be higher on their specific forum. I guess that where I made the mistake on posting here.

If my post has people ticked off then I suppose that they have other underlying issues that need to be sorted out. If they feel it's therapeutic to be annoying and post such comments then I guess do what you have to do.

I'm not gonna post the link to the blue one because I don't want anybody possibly purchasing it (not that I have to justify myself to strangers...). I'll post pictures of it if I buy it come Friday. Here are some higher mileage ones. But look at the prices. I just feel that my price isn't unrealistic. And that's just me skimming through a couple of craiglist ads. But yes haters bring the flame cause I'm sure they're gonna say something smart. Guarantee it. I'm specifically looking for a manual car. But the lower mileage automatics really are a dime a dozen. It's the 6spd's with lower cost and lower mileage that are harder to find but not impossible.

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3689374394.html
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/3629514133.html
http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/3670161800.html
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/3657845906.html

Last edited by EverybodyWildOu; 03-19-2013 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #26
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
LOL at these people thinking you cant find out. You can find one! keep checking craigslist/cars. even check e90 car for sale section.

people dont know how much these cars are worth anymore. They are reasonably cheap!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #27
HoustonBMWClub
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

I've seen plenty. Just look up Sandy e9x...you'll find plenty in your price range with <60k miles.
      03-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #28
EverybodyWildOu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonBMWClub View Post
I've seen plenty. Just look up Sandy e9x...you'll find plenty in your price range with <60k miles.
Sandy? Is that your girl's name? Nvm can't be... She's got more mileage on her than that. She gets Walnut blasted up the tailpipe all the time and you don't even know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
LOL at these people thinking you cant find out. You can find one! keep checking craigslist/cars. even check e90 car for sale section.

people dont know how much these cars are worth anymore. They are reasonably cheap!
Agreed. Thank you for being someone of reason. And even if we aren't (since most forum members think otherwise) then thank you for being cordial.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #29
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverybodyWildOu View Post
Sandy? Is that your girl's name? Nvm can't be... She's got more mileage on her than that. She gets Walnut blasted up the tailpipe all the time and you don't even know it.

Agreed. Thank you for being someone of reason. And even if we aren't (since most forum members think otherwise) then thank you for being cordial.
haha no problem. FYI there are 454 335's that are under 20k on cars.com for those who dont believe it. At least 100-200 are around 17-18k with around 40-80k miles. IMO find one around you with the lowest mileage possible! GL!

100k miles 335i are under 15K

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...rce=QUICK_FORM
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #30
TplusR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Msport

Being that your money is tight, just keep in mind that a higher mileage 335 is most likely going to hit your wallet for some costly repairs.

Not trying to discourage you, and I'm sure you are aware of it. Before buying you should definitely make sure the common problems have been replaced already. This will save you money in the long run.

Best of luck
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #31
ihc95
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 2018 Mustang GT

Garage List
You have to understand this is a very light hearted and easy going forum. I'm not sure why you are being so sensitive and attacking everyone for having a little fun. Honestly you definitely have to lighten up a bit.

And back on topic, it will be tough but you probably can find a car that closely matches your description. However it will most likely need some maintenance items, which definitely aren't cheap on these cars. Make sure you can afford to take care of it. GL.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #32
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
not impossible but definitely not easy.. someone local is selling his 08 335i with <60k miles for $19k thats with every option available including step/ paddles. Hell even my e92 was $20k with around 75k miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #33
EverybodyWildOu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
You have to understand this is a very light hearted and easy going forum. I'm not sure why you are being so sensitive and attacking everyone for having a little fun. Honestly you definitely have to lighten up a bit.

And back on topic, it will be tough but you probably can find a car that closely matches your description. However it will most likely need some maintenance items, which definitely aren't cheap on these cars. Make sure you can afford to take care of it. GL.
If I come across as someone who can't take a joke, that's not my intention because that's definitely not how I am. I love a good laugh. However I feel that some of the comments have an air of arrogance and disrespect behind them. There's a difference between joking and being a pompous prick. I highly dislike arrogant people and if they conveyed such a manner towards me in person, I would have even stronger words towards them.

Regardless, I know it wont be an easy task finding what I'm looking for but I guarantee I will. This car won't be my daily driver as I have a truck and motorcycle I use more frequently. I've done my homework on maintenance and whatnot on these. My last two fun vehicles were a lot of work to maintain so I'm no stranger to that. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #34
Fatty Duckets
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335is

OP - best of luck finding the ride you desire. You'll be elated when it's all said and done!

Make sure you take some pics for us when you get it, you softy. Also, get your panties fixed and quit being a twat waffle. . Quit being a puss and embrace the e90 love.

One love,

Fatty D
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
M340i Pride
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverybodyWildOu View Post
Honestly I've been looking for ONLY a week and saw quite a few sub 20k with about 70k miles. So am I really being unrealistic? I don't believe so. The car is 6 yrs old... I never specified anything about nav or sports package. But indeed this blue one doesn't have the sports pkg but has Nav and 6spd w/ other add ons. I wittled him down to 18k in cash. Prices for cars are always going to be higher on their specific forum. I guess that where I made the mistake on posting here.

If my post has people ticked off then I suppose that they have other underlying issues that need to be sorted out. If they feel it's therapeutic to be annoying and post such comments then I guess do what you have to do.

I'm not gonna post the link to the blue one because I don't want anybody possibly purchasing it (not that I have to justify myself to strangers...). I'll post pictures of it if I buy it come Friday. Here are some higher mileage ones. But look at the prices. I just feel that my price isn't unrealistic. And that's just me skimming through a couple of craiglist ads. But yes haters bring the flame cause I'm sure they're gonna say something smart. Guarantee it. I'm specifically looking for a manual car. But the lower mileage automatics really are a dime a dozen. It's the 6spd's with lower cost and lower mileage that are harder to find but not impossible.

http://albany.craigslist.org/cto/3689374394.html
http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/3629514133.html
http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/3670161800.html
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ctd/3657845906.html
I hope you find what you want and enjoy it. so don't get me wrong. I just picked up my dream car cheap because seller lived in a area that just don't have buyers for him and he sold a 40k car for 30k. so its possible.

only point I want to tell you is like I said, options and mileage. in other words, what the market is, that's all. you wanted 55k and under. that's a BIG DIFFERENCE from 70k, even 60-65k miles. 335i with all the major option (like you wanted) and 55k and under miles are just not going to be 17k$$. not even 19K$. MAJORITY of them will be 22k$+. that just what the market is...

lets go over the four you put up there:

1. its got 70K miles. its 3K$ over your price. good example of what I said...

2. EIGHTY ONE THOUSAND MILES. enough said. also still 1.5k over your price.... but a nice car still

3. Finally one that fits your 17k budget. holy.... NINETY SEVEN THOUSAND MILES! that's more than a night and day from 55k and under miles. even if it is 16500, get ready to spend few thousand $$ for clutch and other 100k mile maintenance/repairs. I would say in the neighbor of 4k$ minimum..

4. best one so far. but its still 3k$ over your budget and still two thousand miles over. of the four, the best one since miles don't lie.

but the point is none of the fit your criteria, by FAR.

once again, if you can find that hidden one that's far away from the market, GL and enjoy. there is always a chance that a few can be such.

Last edited by M340i Pride; 03-20-2013 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #36
EverybodyWildOu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Duckets View Post
OP - best of luck finding the ride you desire. You'll be elated when it's all said and done!

Make sure you take some pics for us when you get it, you softy. Also, get your panties fixed and quit being a twat waffle. . Quit being a puss and embrace the e90 love.

One love,

Fatty D
Lol I'm telling ya man I'm all about a good laugh. It's possible my 335 venture may be put on hold though as my friend has offered to sell me his Ducati Panigale S for next to nothing. Now I'm torn on what to do.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #37
romanonj
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 DCT

I am in ocean county and have seen an 07 black coupe with MT for $18.5.. Stopped to look at it and it's not in the best shape, paint blemishes and some trim pieces missing. Not sure on the mileage. Pm me and I will email you the number where it's at.
2011 e92 335is 2007 X3 122k miles 2006 e90 330i 132k miles
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #38
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwpride335i View Post
I hope you find what you want and enjoy it. so don't get me wrong. I just picked up my dream car cheap because seller lived in a area that just don't have buyers for him and he sold a 40k car for 30k. so its possible.

only point I want to tell you is like I said, options and mileage. in other words, what the market is, that's all. you wanted 55k and under. that's a BIG DIFFERENCE from 70k, even 60-65k miles. 335i with all the major option (like you wanted) and 55k and under miles are just not going to be 17k$$. not even 19K$. MAJORITY of them will be 22k$+. that just what the market is...

lets go over the four you put up there:

1. its got 70K miles. its 3K$ over your price. good example of what I said...

2. EIGHTY ONE THOUSAND MILES. enough said. also still 1.5k over your price.... but a nice car still

3. Finally one that fits your 17k budget. holy.... NINETY SEVEN THOUSAND MILES! that's more than a night and day from 55k and under miles. even if it is 16500, get ready to spend few thousand $$ for clutch and other 100k mile maintenance/repairs. I would say in the neighbor of 4k$ minimum..

4. best one so far. but its still 3k$ over your budget and still two thousand miles over. of the four, the best one since miles don't lie.

but the point is none of the fit your criteria, by FAR.

once again, if you can find that hidden one that's far away from the market, GL and enjoy. there is always a chance that a few can be such.
I literally LOL'd as I looked through each of the links, none of them fit his criteria at all, but those links were his "evidence" that it was possible.

Try an IS350, you'd be in much less trouble if something were to go wrong with the engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #39
EverybodyWildOu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwforme View Post
I literally LOL'd as I looked through each of the links, none of them fit his criteria at all, but those links were his "evidence" that it was possible.

Try an IS350, you'd be in much less trouble if something were to go wrong with the engine.
I never said that any of them fit my critieria. I was simply using them as examples. Thanks for the advice on the IS350. I guess I should note that I'm not at all a stranger to built blocks and higher horsepower builds as I have had a couple of cars myself that fit that criteria that weren't exactly cheap to build; This car would've been more of a toy if anything. But nonetheless I decided to hold off getting anything at all right now. Thanks anyway. Closing this thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #40
EverybodyWildOu
Private First Class
Rep

Well gents. Patience perservered and I purchased an 07 335i for that 17k I was looking to spend. Car seems pretty damn solid so lets hope it stays that way. Specs:

1 owner (older gentleman) and bone stock. Clean title and no accidents.
Well kept w/ maintenance up to date.
58k miles
6spd w/ sport package. No Nav.
Pretty damn clean exterior and interior!
Space Gray Metallic on Coral Red.

Issues:
Stock wheels are kind of curbed but I'm already looking for after market wheels.
Seat belt catch doesn't actually grab the belts.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #41
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
And all these people doubted you. lol

Congrats on the buy, nice color and I love the red interior.

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #42
EverybodyWildOu
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermack View Post
And all these people doubted you. lol

Congrats on the buy, nice color and I love the red interior.
Well on the premise that I wouldn't be able to find one like I did, I should just put it up for sale and sell it for 21k.

Lol jk. Thanks friend. I wasn't too sure about the interior until I saw it in person. Definitely changed my opinion on it instantly.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #43
ihc95
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 2018 Mustang GT

Garage List
Congrats dude. Post pics ASAP!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #44
ArthurL
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 6MT (E93)

Congrats! It helps to wait sometime. Good thing you didn't budge. Now post some pics!

EDIT:
Where did you find the car btw? I may be in the market for one in the same price range as well.
Appreciate 0