E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Q for those who got their 335i through BMW Military Sales

03-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Frozen Black F87 M2 LBB

Garage List
Q for those who got their 335i through BMW Military Sales

Not too long ago I got orders to Germany, should be leaving sometime in July. Who in here bought through BMW Military Sales or Pentagon Car Sales ( I'm not sure about the actual naming)? Just wondered how that works, do you get significant discount, no tax, etc? I transfered my 335i sedan back in October to another member, but missing it a lot and now thinking about 335i coupe or even 535i w/M package. Are the options the same, or can you get different colors. What about taking the car back to US, do they ship it back. I know military only ships one car for us, I will have two. Also how does the warranty work there, and what about maintenance. Thanks in advance.

Follow me on Insta: M3Piotr
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
BMW Military Sales and Pentagon Car Sales are located close to just about all military bases over there. I got mine from Hanau. The big advantage is the tax break...that's about it. Some things are cheaper and you can pre-order with all the options you want. It's relatively the same as in the states. BMW will ship it back for you for a fee. It was $750 to the east coast. The warranty in Germany is for two years (used to be one) and if you ship it stateside, it's four. Even with the two year warranty, you have to pay for your own oil when you get the oil change. The other known fact is that you need to have your BMW for at least six months in Germany before shipping it back to the states or you'll have to pay the state sales tax. That's 5-8% of the total cost. RI tried to ding me for it even though I had it for six months in Germany. I had to go through some administrative juggling with the help of the legal office to get it all squared away. All turned out well, just had to go through the pain of showing that it was a used vice new car. Hope that answers your questions. If you have any others, just PM me.
      03-16-2008, 06:26 AM   #3
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

i just went through this last year. i didn't go through Pentagon, but went through ASC military sales (its now part of Bavarian Motor Cars). i would highly recommend it. you will get a discount off of MSRP between 5-10% depending on which model you are going for. can't remember the exact price on my 335i, but it was about 9 % off MSRP (which is better than Pentagon as far as i know). no different options or colors, it is straight US spec. the warranty will be a 2 year warranty, but they will give you paperwork to send to BMW NA once you ship your vehicle stateside in order to transfer your warranty to a 4 year one. MacAttack is spot on about keeping the car in Germany for 6 months minimum. also, i was 750 when i bought my car, but now it is 1100 for the home shipment voucher. i'm planning to go for round 2 when i get back from iraq this fall and get an M3 through them. let me know if you need some more info....good luck!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 01:47 AM   #4
M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
Rep

Garage List
Thanks to both of you. I'm gonna be there for 3 yrs, so looks like I'm gonna wait a year after I get there before I buy a car, so I'm not out of warranty (since it's only 2yrs that they give you). Thanks a lot for all the good info.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2008, 01:55 AM   #5
M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
Rep

Garage List
Found some useful info:

"The BMW Home Shipment Program is now a no-cost option, so if you have accepted delivery of your BMW in Europe your car may be shipped (port to port)to one of several designated US ports of entry at no additional cost. Should you opt to take your car to one of the drop-off points located in Germany, Italy, Belgium, Holland and Spain to be trucked to the port of embarkation, a fee for inland transport will be charged by the shipping agency. Shipping generally takes around 4 to 6 weeks to East and West Coast ports respectively. When your BMW arrives at the port of entry, either yourself or a friend/family member (with a Power of Attorney) may collect it."

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #6
ky_soldier
General of The Universe
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
2015 BMW i8  [9.00]
the military price is fixed by bmw, no dif where u get it. i have purchased an M5 and now a 135 cab on order from pentagon, great guys, great value
1946 Willys CJ-2A
2009 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti OTO
Appreciate 0