E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Top Gear Solutions: A+

02-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335Xi Coupé

Top Gear Solutions: A+

These guys are awesome. I recently ordered BMS DCI's and a VRSF CP w/ Tial BOV from them. I originally asked for a black BOV but I received a message from them saying it was out of stock. The fact that they bothered to let me know it wasn't in stock literally the day after I ordered everything was kick ass.

I got everything a few days apart because of the BOV being out of stock but everything arrived in perfect shape and fairly quickly even with standard ground shipping. They did such a good job, I recommended them to my father who ended up using them for his parts. We should have everything he ordered within a few days.

Overall my experience with them was Top Notch and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone. Definitely using them in the future for more purchases.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Thank you sir. We appreciate any Reviews for Top Gear Solutions.

One important aspect we pride ourselves on is upfront and honest information. Not to talk down about any competition directly but as buyers ourselves we know how important it is to be up to date on any information. In the off chance a product is not in stock we'd like to pass that information on to the customer with alternative options as soon as possible so they can make a well informed decision about their purchase.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

+1 I ordered my ER Charge pipe from Jeff a few months back and it came flawlessly and most recently ordered a forge DV kit from Jeff last week and he was sold out of the Polished and had it drop shipped from Forge directly and has been outstanding with his communication throughout the entire process.. Jeff is one of the good ones
      02-22-2014, 11:50 AM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD_e92 View Post
+1 I ordered my ER Charge pipe from Jeff a few months back and it came flawlessly and most recently ordered a forge DV kit from Jeff last week and he was sold out of the Polished and had it drop shipped from Forge directly and has been outstanding with his communication throughout the entire process.. Jeff is one of the good ones
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 11:45 PM   #5
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep

@Jeff@TopGearSolutions

Are these Tial BOV's supposed to be shipping with Yellow springs in them?

I pulled this out of my valve today at a performance shop after going to get a white spring. Good thing I did and that I've only been running it about a week. I just checked the BOV that came in for my dad's car tonight and it has the same spring. It's one thing to be running a plain spring at this altitude, but a yellow is cause for concern IMO.

I was under the impression these are supposed to be shipping with plain springs which are rated around 10 lbs of vacuum pressure. Am I wrong? Just for reference, I know we need to be running White springs up here because of the altitude, so I would have had to come out of pocket for a new spring regardless. It's just that I fully expected to swap a plain spring out for a white, not a yellow for a white.
E92 '08 335Xi 6AT - Cobb AP3 Tuned by MAC Autosport, Original Prototype Xi DOCRace 6266 Single Turbo Swap, VRSF CP w/Synapse BOV, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Cowl, H&R Coilovers, Renn Motorsport RS-51's, Stoptech Stage 2 Slotted, xHP Stage 3, Earl's Racing Oil Cooler, Turner Boost Gauge, M3 Lip Spoiler.
Standing Mile Record Holder for Xi over a mile high: 168.2MPH @ 5512'; The Colorado Mile hosted by The US Mile.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSwift View Post
@Jeff@TopGearSolutions

Are these Tial BOV's supposed to be shipping with Yellow springs in them?

I pulled this out of my valve today at a performance shop after going to get a white spring. Good thing I did and that I've only been running it about a week. I just checked the BOV that came in for my dad's car tonight and it has the same spring. It's one thing to be running a plain spring at this altitude, but a yellow is cause for concern IMO.

I was under the impression these are supposed to be shipping with plain springs which are rated around 10 lbs of vacuum pressure. Am I wrong? Just for reference, I know we need to be running White springs up here because of the altitude, so I would have had to come out of pocket for a new spring regardless. It's just that I fully expected to swap a plain spring out for a white, not a yellow for a white.
On the Tial Q, 11 PSI is yellow which is the standard for the N54.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #7
AlpineSwift
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Gotcha. Was just double checking because mine wasn't working properly even on the plain spring. I'm glad I had a turbo car specific shop handy to check this.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #8
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSwift View Post
Gotcha. Was just double checking because mine wasn't working properly even on the plain spring. I'm glad I had a turbo car specific shop handy to check this.
What ended up happening with the car?
Appreciate 0