E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Coming back to the fold - advice sought!

08-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #23
Jamese93
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe M-Sport

Hey Frankie.

Thanks for the update. I may well give you a shout when I start looking in earnest - hopefully soon!

As for yours pjs - a lovely motor and plug totally acceptable, however it's a little high on the miles for what I'm looking for. Sorry. Otherwise would have been straight on the phone!

Really appreciate the input on servicing. I guess with long life oil it pops up at the two year point if not enough miles have been covered?

J
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #24
pjs
Colonel
Rep
Drives: i8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamese93 View Post
Hey Frankie.

Thanks for the update. I may well give you a shout when I start looking in earnest - hopefully soon!

As for yours pjs - a lovely motor and plug totally acceptable, however it's a little high on the miles for what I'm looking for. Sorry. Otherwise would have been straight on the phone!

Really appreciate the input on servicing. I guess with long life oil it pops up at the two year point if not enough miles have been covered?

J
Ha, no worries. No idea if the oil needs changing because of time rather than miles, but it does state in the manual i think that the countdown depends on how the car is driven
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 04:05 PM   #25
frankie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320d m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by edowen View Post
Cant see any good reason to buy the Sytner auction car. No BMW warranty. Non BMW service history (hence why they are selling it rather than retailing it), and the price isnt even that competitive.

James, did you speak to the dealer on the one I posted?

Re servicing - it all comes up "as required". Oil services every 18-20k or so, and then each other item when required by miles or time. On idrive cars you can check each item - brakes, oil, inspection etc.
Here is a very nice car I found on sytner site there not all bad told you!!!
Manufacturer: BMW Number of Doors: 2
Model 3 SERIES COUPE Total Number of Owners: 1
Type: Coupe Engine Size: 2,500cc
Registration Number (*) : HK07RUV Chassis Number: WBAWB32060PV51850
Mileage: 30603 MOT Expiration Date:
Model Year 2007 V5 Present: Yes
Date of 1st Registration: 22 Jun 2007 Green Slip: No
Body Colour: Titanium Silver Metallic EU Supplied Vehicle: No
Trim Colour: Black Dakota Leather Imported Vehicle: No
Transmission: Automatic Condition Used
Fuel: Petrol Service History Yes
(*) Please be aware that cherished registration plates are not included unless stated in the description below
Optional extras
M light-alloy wheels double spoke 225 M,Automatic Gearbox,USB audio interface,DAB digital radio,Loudspeaker system - BMW Business
Item Description
Seller Comments

A fabulous example of this sought after, prestige BMW coupe.

Titanium Silver Metallic with contrasting Black Dakota Sports Leather.

Superb specification that includes:

19" Double Spoke Alloy Wheels (spotless!)
USB audio interface
Xenon Headlights
DAB Digital Radio
Loudspeaker Upgrade
Rear Parking Sensors
Steptronic Automatic Gearbox
Rain Sensor & Automatic Headlights
Current mileage is 30,604

Comprehensive BMW Service History as detailed below:

15/06/07 @ 6 miles, Snows BMW

08/04/09 @ 16224 miles, Snows BMW

This car has a couple of tiny little scuff marks to the front bumper and the drivers side skirt, other than these the car is in fabulous condition throughout.

The customer who part-exchanged the car to us has very recently*had the wheels re-furbished and the stone chips done, so you could literally put it on sale immediately.

The winning bidder MUST pay for the vehicle within 48 hours of the auction ending and the car MUST be collected within 72 hours of the close of the auction.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:30 PM   #26
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
...Engine Size: 2,500cc....
I guess its a 325? I thought all 325 were 3 litre engines?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 05:35 PM   #27
Fox530
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i xDrive

Nope, the earlier ones are 2.5's.

I'd ignore all this stuff about Sytner auctions. As a private customer you are not going to be buying AUC cars for the sort of money they change hand for in the trade and no BMW main dealer is going to be retailing low mileage high spec 330d Coupe E92's for £13k!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 01:46 AM   #28
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

Quote:
The prices on the sytner site are trade price that's how all the people who are registered on there make there money by selling them to people off the street, the car I listed was an example there are many many cars with full BMW history and in very good condition I'm very familiar with cars and the prices you will not find a cheaper place to buy a car!
Dont disagree - a friend is a trader with access to the site. I just thought the example you posted was poor in many ways (not having a go); No Nav, low spec, poor service history, and needed tyres and paintwork - all pointing to an un-loved car...

I think buying a trade car without AUC warranty can be a good deal - but it needs to be a LOT cheaper as a private punter to make up for the lack of warranty..

IMHO!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 01:49 AM   #29
edowen
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 991 GTS, Cayenne S D

Quote:
Here is a very nice car I found on sytner site there not all bad told you!!!
Manufacturer: BMW Number of Doors: 2
Model 3 SERIES COUPE Total Number of Owners: 1
Type: Coupe Engine Size: 2,500cc
Registration Number (*) : HK07RUV Chassis Number: WBAWB32060PV51850
Mileage: 30603 MOT Expiration Date:
Model Year 2007 V5 Present: Yes
Date of 1st Registration: 22 Jun 2007 Green Slip: No
Body Colour: Titanium Silver Metallic EU Supplied Vehicle: No
Trim Colour: Black Dakota Leather Imported Vehicle: No
Transmission: Automatic Condition Used
Fuel: Petrol Service History Yes
(*) Please be aware that cherished registration plates are not included unless stated in the description below
Optional extras
M light-alloy wheels double spoke 225 M,Automatic Gearbox,USB audio interface,DAB digital radio,Loudspeaker system - BMW Business
Item Description
Seller Comments

A fabulous example of this sought after, prestige BMW coupe.

Titanium Silver Metallic with contrasting Black Dakota Sports Leather.

Superb specification that includes:

19" Double Spoke Alloy Wheels (spotless!)
USB audio interface
Xenon Headlights
DAB Digital Radio
Loudspeaker Upgrade
Rear Parking Sensors
Steptronic Automatic Gearbox
Rain Sensor & Automatic Headlights
Current mileage is 30,604

Comprehensive BMW Service History as detailed below:

15/06/07 @ 6 miles, Snows BMW

08/04/09 @ 16224 miles, Snows BMW

This car has a couple of tiny little scuff marks to the front bumper and the drivers side skirt, other than these the car is in fabulous condition throughout.

The customer who part-exchanged the car to us has very recently*had the wheels re-furbished and the stone chips done, so you could literally put it on sale immediately.

The winning bidder MUST pay for the vehicle within 48 hours of the auction ending and the car MUST be collected within 72 hours of the close of the auction.
Not bad (no Nav though ;-) ). What I dont understand, is if it is a good one, and ready to retail, why would Sytner not put it on the AUC programme on their forecourt?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #30
Jamese93
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe M-Sport

I must admit I've seen quite a few decent ones on the market at present, some people being realistic and others not (which of course I won't bother with!).

I think the Sytner route sounds like a ball ache without direct access and will swallow a lot of time without success!

And to be fair, I've just effectively restored my SL (bodywork, interior, suspension, servicing, many hours detailing) and I really can't be arsed - I want a ready done car, or one that wants alloys refurbing at the outside edge! I'll take a risk with a second hand one from a private buyer, but will consider getting an inspection done, especially if I go for a 335 i as otherwise the potential without warranty for mega bucks is too much to bear.

I want an easy decent car this time! If any of you have seen my previous threads I've already rejected a car with BMW and don't fancy having any problems with the new one!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #31
frankie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320d m sport

Hi guys the 330d se that i posted ended at £11621 pounds that car had been fully prepared to BMW AUC standard who said the sytner site was not good!! Humble pie springs to mind
Appreciate 0