E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Seat Belt Extender Question

01-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #23
muncie21
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335ix

There's a video of a mod where the internal spring is removed, which forces the 'catch' to be fixed open when extending. I did this to mine, the 'catch' doesn't move, however because the seat belt is so flexible, it only catches about half the time.

For those that don't want to pull the fuse, just pull the extender out to remove it, and leave it out. You will still hear the motor noise, but won't have the arms moving in/out on you.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #24
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by muncie21 View Post
There's a video of a mod where the internal spring is removed, which forces the 'catch' to be fixed open when extending. I did this to mine, the 'catch' doesn't move, however because the seat belt is so flexible, it only catches about half the time.

For those that don't want to pull the fuse, just pull the extender out to remove it, and leave it out. You will still hear the motor noise, but won't have the arms moving in/out on you.
What do you mean 'just pull it out...and leave it out'. what about the gaping hole thats gonna be there?

This is no where near a solution.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #25
Deluxx3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6
I tried the ironing trick - it worked correctly again for about 1 week - then back to not working

So I just coded the damn thing out with Carly & all is right with the world
Hey I'm thinking of getting the Carly for BMW adapter and the app (which costs $44 < that's kind of annoying because the adapter costs ~$70)

Anyway, would this allow me to do a "corner delete" and would it also let me disable bulb check and clear errors if i were to do an LCI tail light retrofit in my e92? If yes, then I don't mind spending the money for the app and the adapter.
Appreciate 0