E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Suspension??

06-10-2008, 12:19 PM   #23
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
I put on the H&R XI sport springs with the OEM Shocks and didn't have a problem at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2008, 04:43 PM   #24
jimmy330xi
Captain
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: '06 330xI, '04 YZF R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfab View Post
Gentlemen,

I'm a new owner of an 08 335xi - previously A43.2

The ride height is terrible.
Sooo loose in the front with "spirited" driving.

Is there anything I can do to improve 1. The ride height and 2. The handling?

Very impressed with the vechicle in general. Dissapointed that BMW can't provide a lower ride height on the xdrive model.

yes, yes...the 335i is lower, but I'm addicted to outstanding traction in the winter.

Much appreciated.

If you are looking for better handling, there's a groupbuy for UUC Sway Bars. Here is the thread. Check it out and decide if you want in.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138579

'06 330Xi, '04 CBR600RR, '04 YZF-R1, '06CBR600RR, '10 S1000RR
M-tech, Injen, Hamann, Remus, KW, Breyton
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #25
btinl
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 F32, '14 F25

I'm interested in getting some springs/shocks or coilovers for my Xi. Has a group buy started yet?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #26
longodj
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2007 335xi  [0.00]
1974 VW Beetle  [0.00]
btinl ask around. I don't know about a group buy but in my search for KW V3 I got some very shocking prices so just contact some companies and see what they say about KW V3 and H&R Sport Coilovers. I ended up going to Ron************ in the end.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 02:05 AM   #27
dchen2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80, XF Super V8

I have a 335xi coupe. So typically how much does it cost for these H&R springs or coilovers to installed?

I see the H&R springs run ~$250 shipped and the coil overs ~$1300. What are the KVV2 quotes?

My main concern here is just judging from the **********s product pages, it looks like the springs do a 1.3/1.2 F/R drop while the coilovers do a 1.25-2.5/.75-2 adjustable drop. However the coilovers at their highest settings is just marginally taller than the springs.

I live here in Wisconsin and judging by this last winter and my plan of doing some sporadic driving to nearby ski resorts (I'll be getting snow tires as well of course), the car's body clearance will be the limiting factor in how deep a depth of snow my car can venture into.

To be honest (I came from a stock suspension 01 Lexus GS430) I am pretty happy with the soft but still buttoned down (remember, I come from a lexus!) ride. Its just that huge 4x4 look that bothers the heck out of me .
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2008, 05:59 AM   #28
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchen2 View Post
I have a 335xi coupe. So typically how much does it cost for these H&R springs or coilovers to installed?

I see the H&R springs run ~$250 shipped and the coil overs ~$1300. What are the KVV2 quotes?

My main concern here is just judging from the **********s product pages, it looks like the springs do a 1.3/1.2 F/R drop while the coilovers do a 1.25-2.5/.75-2 adjustable drop. However the coilovers at their highest settings is just marginally taller than the springs.

I live here in Wisconsin and judging by this last winter and my plan of doing some sporadic driving to nearby ski resorts (I'll be getting snow tires as well of course), the car's body clearance will be the limiting factor in how deep a depth of snow my car can venture into.

To be honest (I came from a stock suspension 01 Lexus GS430) I am pretty happy with the soft but still buttoned down (remember, I come from a lexus!) ride. Its just that huge 4x4 look that bothers the heck out of me .
Rent a truck if you are going to a ski resort up north. By the way, are you a BADGER!?
      06-13-2008, 12:30 PM   #29
dchen2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80, XF Super V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Rent a truck if you are going to a ski resort up north. By the way, are you a BADGER!?
Though I live in Madison, I am not a badger since I graduated from a school in Utah and moved out here to work... I do have my share of friends that are graduate badgers though and I have to say, hanging with badgers on state st during the weekends is pretty fun as well .

Sigh... my roommate has a Jeep Cherookee(sic) which we'll use majority of time for snow runs but having that extra snow clearance (especially when I shelled out the extra money for snow wheels/tires, the xi, and now it looks like sacrificing the oem sport suspension) would be very handy.

During the last winter during the big snow storms I saw plenty of 4wd mercs and audis stuck so I know the limits of snow driving in a low slung car.

Is the **********s range of adjustment on the coilovers accurate? E.i., on the highest KW3 or H&R CO settings would my car only be .05inches higher than the H&R street perf spring settings?

How much would the coilovers and springs typically cost to install? Anyone know any recommended shops here in Madison?
Appreciate 0