E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Fueling Question for 600WHP Single Turbo Kit



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-04-2017, 01:13 PM   #1
tmick5jr
Private
United_States
6
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Fueling Question for 600WHP Single Turbo Kit

hey everyone, looking into the DOC Racing 6266 Precision Single Turbo kit but have a question. How is it possible that our stock injectors are still good at 600+WHP and i would only need a stage 2 LPFP? and lets say i wanted the car to be 800 WHP capable. are the injectors still good and why? it still seems like for 800 WHP you just need a LPFP and port injectoion. does the port injection make up for the stock injectors? just trying to wrap my head around this and figure out what fueling ill need and how these injectors handle so much, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #2
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
1969
Rep
46,383
Posts


Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: www.TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (37)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmick5jr View Post
hey everyone, looking into the DOC Racing 6266 Precision Single Turbo kit but have a question. How is it possible that our stock injectors are still good at 600+WHP and i would only need a stage 2 LPFP? and lets say i wanted the car to be 800 WHP capable. are the injectors still good and why? it still seems like for 800 WHP you just need a LPFP and port injectoion. does the port injection make up for the stock injectors? just trying to wrap my head around this and figure out what fueling ill need and how these injectors handle so much, thanks!
When you reach the fuel limit of stock injectors and available fuel pump upgrades, then you go to port injection fueling to make up the difference needed.
__________________
|Like us on Facebook||Evolution Racewerks| |Active Autowerke| |ETS| |Burger Tuning| |PURE Turbos| |Mishimoto||VRSF| |AWE| |Wagner|

|HPB 240W H8 Angel Eyes Now $99| |VTT| |KW| |Spec| |ST Coilovers| |Koni| |Bilstein| |Borla| |Magnaflow| |AFE| |HPB| |Injen| Fall Sales up to 10% OFF!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #3
limitdown
First Lieutenant
limitdown's Avatar
110
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i E93
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

To put down a solid 600whp on any/every dyno, you'll need to run E50+, dual walbro LPFP's (ie stage 3) and port injection.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
757
Rep
4,145
Posts

Drives: E90 & E92 with 487 ftlbs of tq
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by limitdown View Post
To put down a solid 600whp on any/every dyno, you'll need to run E50+, dual walbro LPFP's (ie stage 3) and port injection.
Or meth and 93.
__________________
E92 Motive / E70 JBD / E70 JBD / E90 PTF retired

Originally Posted by TheAxiom
FYI - I don't drive hard at all. So I'm not interested in more clamping force when I won't use it. Even on my car, I take it easy. It's just too loud to be enjoyable
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
fordbaxter
N54 Whisperer
United_States
6
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Raleigh NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by limitdown View Post
To put down a solid 600whp on any/every dyno, you'll need to run E50+, dual walbro LPFP's (ie stage 3) and port injection.
What LPFP would you need to run 600WHP with full E85 and port injection?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #6
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
757
Rep
4,145
Posts

Drives: E90 & E92 with 487 ftlbs of tq
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordbaxter View Post
What LPFP would you need to run 600WHP with full E85 and port injection?
Stage 3 if you want full E85. Stage 2 50% E85 and 93 is like 600-650 iirc.
__________________
E92 Motive / E70 JBD / E70 JBD / E90 PTF retired

Originally Posted by TheAxiom
FYI - I don't drive hard at all. So I'm not interested in more clamping force when I won't use it. Even on my car, I take it easy. It's just too loud to be enjoyable
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #7
Twisted Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
343
Rep
813
Posts


Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

or race fuel C16 or MS109
__________________
Twisted Tuning
Custom ECU Calibrations/High Performance Automotive Solutions
MHD/SCT/COBB/ECUTEK...and much more!!
www.twistedtuning.com
www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
twistedtuned@gmail.com
Appreciate 3
      10-06-2017, 10:34 AM   #8
tmick5jr
Private
United_States
6
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Jersey

iTrader: (0)

looking at n54 tech it seems as if you only need a stage 2 lpfp and pump gas to make the 600 whp
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 01:40 AM   #9
limitdown
First Lieutenant
limitdown's Avatar
110
Rep
326
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i E93
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmick5jr View Post
looking at n54 tech it seems as if you only need a stage 2 lpfp and pump gas to make the 600 whp
You'll be using lots of meth to provide supplemental fueling.
Read Chris @ Vargas' article on how to get to 600whp. Seach using "chris vargas 600 whp"
Let us know how it goes.
Appreciate 1
      10-07-2017, 01:11 PM   #10
Wifeys335i
Private First Class
21
Rep
153
Posts

Drives: E90 335
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

What's the most, and safest, power a 6266 make with a fuel-it stage 2 pump on strictly 93 octane? 550whp?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 09:34 AM   #11
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
757
Rep
4,145
Posts

Drives: E90 & E92 with 487 ftlbs of tq
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifeys335i View Post
What's the most, and safest, power a 6266 make with a fuel-it stage 2 pump on strictly 93 octane? 550whp?
yeah around 550hp/475tq give or take. a google search for "n54 6266 dyno 93 octane" will get you dynos and logs etc.

add some meth and you will be over 600. I have read the 6466 spins up just as fast basically, I think that is why more people go with the slightly larger turbo.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829687
__________________
E92 Motive / E70 JBD / E70 JBD / E90 PTF retired

Originally Posted by TheAxiom
FYI - I don't drive hard at all. So I'm not interested in more clamping force when I won't use it. Even on my car, I take it easy. It's just too loud to be enjoyable
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2017, 07:49 PM   #12
badblackcoupe
Enlisted Member
10
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: Black 335i e92 2007
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: pasadena, tx

iTrader: (0)

Thats 21 psi on 91 oct with an inline stage one, come on man its 2017
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 01:06 PM   #13
dyezak
General of the Armies
dyezak's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
595
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Plano, TX

iTrader: (1)

A lot of false information in this thread. Some good info. Vendor's serve themselves and provide suggestions that drive their bottom line. Seems like a lot of false information on this board the more the platform progresses. This isn't 2011 any more.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 11:22 PM   #14
langsbr
Private First Class
55
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Unless their dyno is optimistic, which I don't think is very common on dynojets, EMP Tuning has done quite a few Stage 2 LPFP only setups making right at or over 600 whp.

They're all running something like E40 - 60, but they are solid 600 whp cars, not spikes.

Every car is different and I'd probably say the stage 2 limit is anywhere from 575 - 625 whp. What's 25 hp among friends anyways.

Anything above that, you'll need a stage 3 low pressure pump and port injection.

The injectors are not the limitation on this platform, but rather the high pressure fuel pump. Above 600 whp, the high pressure fuel pump can't keep up. You could run the VTT shotgun that overspins the high pressure pump increasing overall capacity. Most people opt for port injection - 6 additional injectors, like a regular non direct injection engine would use. It sprays the fuel into the intake port, rather than the cylinder. I'm not a fan of it, but it's proven powerful and safe when used correctly.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #15
Shane303
Private First Class
75
Rep
174
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Mesa, Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by langsbr View Post
Unless their dyno is optimistic, which I don't think is very common on dynojets, EMP Tuning has done quite a few Stage 2 LPFP only setups making right at or over 600 whp.

They're all running something like E40 - 60, but they are solid 600 whp cars, not spikes.

Every car is different and I'd probably say the stage 2 limit is anywhere from 575 - 625 whp. What's 25 hp among friends anyways.

Anything above that, you'll need a stage 3 low pressure pump and port injection.

The injectors are not the limitation on this platform, but rather the high pressure fuel pump. Above 600 whp, the high pressure fuel pump can't keep up. You could run the VTT shotgun that overspins the high pressure pump increasing overall capacity. Most people opt for port injection - 6 additional injectors, like a regular non direct injection engine would use. It sprays the fuel into the intake port, rather than the cylinder. I'm not a fan of it, but it's proven powerful and safe when used correctly.
I would love to see what HPFP pressures are at with only a stage 2 LPFP making 600hp on E40-60.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2017, 07:27 PM   #16
dyezak
General of the Armies
dyezak's Avatar
United_States
65
Rep
595
Posts

Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Plano, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane303 View Post
I would love to see what HPFP pressures are at with only a stage 2 LPFP making 600hp on E40-60.
If you would love to see it you can search for them....they have been posted more than a few times.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #17
Antoans4
Private First Class
Antoans4's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
196
Posts

Drives: 2012 X5Diesel & 2011 335is
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Miami, Fl

iTrader: (2)

I wonder if with fuel it STG2 single intank pump and VTT single shotgun i would be able to run full e85(100%e85) and make low 6's whp?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:07 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST