E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY - Vacuum Reservoir Cannister / Hose / Boost Solenoid (Error 30FF Boost leak)

12-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

DIY - Vacuum Reservoir Cannister / Hose / Boost Solenoid (Error 30FF Boost leak)

Hi Guys

Background: I've been getting error code 30FF charge air pressure too low.

So this was going to be just a Vacuum Cannister Reservoir DIY but after installing the new ones I found the boost solenoid was broken too and the hoses are damaged.

So I will be updating this post later with more info about those.

Vacuum Reservoir (Cannister) DIY

1. Buy the Stett aftermarket cans they have metal welded nozzles which should last

2. To remove the old vacuum cans the easiest way is to remove the bracket which holds the cans.

3. Use a LONG extension socket wrench (14mm) to remove two bolts holding the base of the bracket which holds the cans.

4. Remove the last bolt - 10mm - at the top of the bracket connecting to the car chassis.

5. Lift up the bracket and remove the hoses gently from the cans.

6. Unbolt the old vacuum cans and install the new Stett ones. 10 or 11mm wrench.

7. There is a fitment issue with my version of the Stett as you can see.
Just use a plyer or wrench to twist and bend the metal until you get the can fitting flush against the bracket.

8. The OEM hoses fit on the nozzles tightly but I think they should be replaced with bigger ones as the nozzle is bigger than the OEM nozzles.

Finish

-----------------------

Reference Parts Diagram:
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_3975

Attached Images

Appreciate 0