E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Clutch fluid all bled out

09-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #1
KNS
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 128i and Porsche

Clutch fluid all bled out

Bit of a problem here. I"m removing my CDV valve and decided to bleed the clutch as well. Some how all the clutch fluid bled out and I've got no pedal pressure. I drained about five or six ounces and probably put in four or five ounces. I'm using the Motive pressure bleeder.

I've done this many times over the years on my E46 with no issues. What I have I done wrong? I know the clutch fluid reservoir is part of and at the back of the brake fluid reservoir. I simply added fluid at the reservoir like I'd do on my E46. Am I missing something?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #2
KNS
Lieutenant
Rep

I should state this is a 128 but I figured there would be more traffic over here.

I believe the little clutch side of the reservoir is empty I just cant see how to fill it. The brake fluid reservoir is full.

Last edited by KNS; 09-02-2017 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
KNS
Lieutenant
Rep

Figured it out. When I do clutch/brake bleeds I've always done it with the Motive reservoir dry. It's basically the same process with no clean up afterwards. Never had an issue.

It seems the little clutch portion of the reservoir must receive fluid from the absolute top. I filled the Motive with fluid and the fluid made it into both sections of the brake/clutch reservoir. Problem solved.

The removal of the CDV was a definite improvement, no more reluctance shifting into 2nd and 4th. What a stupid idea the CDV was.

Thanks for looking!
Appreciate 0