E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > Anyone Have Headlight Resealing Experience?

04-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #1
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Anyone Have Headlight Resealing Experience?

Does anyone around here do this kind of thing? I hear Dave does lots of work for members but this is something very specific. My new fishcake depos have lots of moisture issues Other than that I absolutely love the lights.

I've opened a claim on ebay and sent him a message, but it can't hurt to find someone local who can fix it in case I get the run around. I was really excited for these too.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #2
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Well now the LED signals on the driver side stopped completely. Wonderful. At least if it was a normal bulb I could change it. I'll update this with how he decides to handle the situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:31 AM   #3
George@V
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is

Unfortunately these are typical quality issues we've seen with many Depo lights in the past. If you try to repair it yourself, they may decline any claims to replace the lights under their "warranty" program. Your best bet is to get a new pair from the seller, sell those on ebay yourself at a small loss, and buy a replacement set of lights from a higher quality manufacturer...

Otherwise, you're going to probably have the same issues with the replacement Depo lights.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ ViVA View Post
Unfortunately these are typical quality issues we've seen with many Depo lights in the past. If you try to repair it yourself, they may decline any claims to replace the lights under their "warranty" program. Your best bet is to get a new pair from the seller, sell those on ebay yourself at a small loss, and buy a replacement set of lights from a higher quality manufacturer...

Otherwise, you're going to probably have the same issues with the replacement Depo lights.
What is higher quality though? Spending like $2k for the OEM headlights is pretty much out of the question for me. I'm not sure how well this return is going because now he wants ME to pay to return the defective light, despite me being down without a set of working lights now he's still not willing to send me lights. He wants me to PAY more to get a second set and then return the 1st. WTF?

These lights would be fine if I could have someone reseal them. Me and my buddy are going to fix the wiring for the on again off again drivers signal, but this is a pretty shitty/stressful experience. So much for any kind of real customer support I suppose? I'd be pretty embarrassed to give such poor customer support myself.
Appreciate 0