E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

01-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #1035
Noxious_
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenePoole View Post
Are you sure it's not api.dll? That is a 16bit dll that NCSExpert need to talk to the 32 bit ediabas.
It could be. The type is in lower case so I might be reading it wrong. Thanks for the help. How do I solve this problem?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #1036
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Sport Line 320ded

Quote:
Originally Posted by spera23 View Post
Does anyone know how to code the different welcome lights to activate when the car is unlocked?

WELCOME_LIGHTS in the CAPPL module seems to just give me a "welcome lights" option in the iDrive menu that does not change anything nor does it stay activated!
I have the same problem like you, seems no one wants to help us. I just want a FRM or a file from the exact module who makes welcome lights, but .... no luck until now.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #1037
spera23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hey Larry,

Let me know if you find anything. I will do the same. One way we should be able to figure it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_bml View Post
I have the same problem like you, seems no one wants to help us. I just want a FRM or a file from the exact module who makes welcome lights, but .... no luck until now.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #1038
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328 XI

@Larry

As per our pm conversation, I told you to email me and I will help you with this.

Send me copies of your nrfm and lma modules to *************************
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #1039
BPMSport
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Just FYI

Someone mentioned x64 Win 7 capability...

Edit: You can't run it on a 64bit OS period. But you can run on Windows 7 x86 (32 bit) without any problem.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----

Last edited by BPMSport; 01-18-2011 at 10:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #1040
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Powerchip View Post
Just FYI

Someone mentioned x64 Win 7 capability...

That's what I'm running on - no problems whatsoever.
The software works fine on my laptop running Win 7 x64. Which cable and drivers are you using?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 01:00 AM   #1041
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazticrecords View Post
@Larry

As per our pm conversation, I told you to email me and I will help you with this.

Send me copies of your nrfm and lma modules to *************************
I've sent you the files to ************************* , check your inbox here, because is full. If we managed to make them work i will post that you do it, and who wants them work can contact you. I'm waiting back the files to test them.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 04:34 AM   #1042
SaviorSelf
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Anyway to make it so you can just turn your fogs on w/o making the lows come on too? Also whats the steps to make it so your high's and flash to pass can both stay on when you have your stalk pushed for high beams.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 06:55 AM   #1043
Toshi
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i xDrive Coupe (G15)

These are the WL codes in my NFRM.

WL_AL
nicht_aktiv
WL_BLK_H
nicht_aktiv
WL_BLK_V
nicht_aktiv
WL_FL
nicht_aktiv
WL_KZL
soft_einschalten
WL_NSL
nicht_aktiv
WL_NSW
nicht_aktiv
WL_POL
nicht_aktiv
WL_SL_1
soft_einschalten
WL_SL_2
soft_einschalten

Give it a try.
The value must be "nicht_aktiv", "soft_einschalten" or "hart_einschalten".

Quote:
Does anyone know how to code the different welcome lights to activate when the car is unlocked?
WELCOME_LIGHTS in the CAPPL module seems to just give me a "welcome lights" option in the iDrive menu that does not change anything nor does it stay activated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_bml View Post
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #1044
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep

All,

I will be offering remote and onsite coding in New York, Westchester. Please e-mail me if you are interested. This is for people who are not familiar or do not want to learn how to code or are having problems.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #1045
spera23
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
These are the WL codes in my NFRM.

WL_AL
nicht_aktiv
WL_BLK_H
nicht_aktiv
WL_BLK_V
nicht_aktiv
WL_FL
nicht_aktiv
WL_KZL
soft_einschalten
WL_NSL
nicht_aktiv
WL_NSW
nicht_aktiv
WL_POL
nicht_aktiv
WL_SL_1
soft_einschalten
WL_SL_2
soft_einschalten

Give it a try.
The value must be "nicht_aktiv", "soft_einschalten" or "hart_einschalten".

I noticed changing WL_AL to "soft_einschalten" did get my low beams to come on as welcome lights once. Without making any further changes they no longer come on as welcome lights and after double checking, they are still coded as "soft_einschalten".

Anyone else experience this?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 09:02 AM   #1046
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep

I think we can confirm that it's not the OS, because I am running on WinXP x32 and above people are running on Win7 x64 without issue. It might be a driver compatibility issue. I am using the black USB cable and I know there was another cable with a silver case housing. Can we confirm what everyone with problems is using?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #1047
Toshi
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: BMW M850i xDrive Coupe (G15)

I will check again this weekend since my car is now in my local dealer for repair.
I was able to change WL_KZL from "soft_einschalten" to "nicht_aktiv".

Quote:
I noticed changing WL_AL to "soft_einschalten" did get my low beams to come on as welcome lights once. Without making any further changes they no longer come on as welcome lights and after double checking, they are still coded as "soft_einschalten".

Anyone else experience this?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #1048
coolamber
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I purchased this cable from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-BMW-K-DCAN-D-...-/160527159443

I am having the connection disturbed error no matter what settings I put in the registry for FIFO buffers. I see a few posts back that the silver cabled one is bad, however this one looks a bit different. Should I have gotten the one posted several pages back?

I am trying to code my car for 6FL retrofit. Got everything else working, had to make my own harness, this is the last step.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #1049
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I don't know WHY so many people went out and bought the incorrect cable after we dedicated probably 6 pages to the correct cables to buy, posted all the links, and the guy that makes the correct cables even registered so he could come on the forum and explain the quality of his cable. Geez all ya need to do is read people

Just because you bought one on eBay does not mean it is a good cable, or that it has been proven to work.

Plus you paid to much for the one you bought. The correct one had a price of $119 and also an option to 'Make Offer' At the time, we all each offered $85 and he accepted - shipping was free.

It seems that everyone that bought just any old cable off eBay got the clear cable version - and they are having troubles with them.

HERE is the link for the CORRECT eBay cable:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-I...item255f64e9f4

And finally, what the CORRECT eBay cable looks like

So you see, yours is not the same, and quality of cables are not the same. If you continue to have connection problems it may well be the cable.

Sorry to seem to go off on a rant on ya, but there have been quite a few that ignored, or did not bother to read the thread from the beginning, and made a mistake on cable purchase. Now they are all posting up with problems.

It will be very hard to troubleshoot any problems you are having since you don't have the same cable as the rest and it may be suspect.

So now, once again - THIS example is what people need to buy, from that vendor, and looking same as pics.

No offense, but if it was too difficult for you to buy the correct, proven cable - then actually doing the coding is probably out of your reach...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #1050
spera23
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshi View Post
I will check again this weekend since my car is now in my local dealer for repair.
I was able to change WL_KZL from "soft_einschalten" to "nicht_aktiv".
WL_KZL - Is that the Liscence Plate Lights?

Could you test the WL_AL on yours and let me know what happens?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #1051
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep

Thank you @1QuikWS6. I agree. We all need to start reading some of the posts. There are only so many who are repeat members who continue to offer support, help and share there knowledge on this whole thing. We need to try and cut down on repeat posts. This is an exciting topic and excited to be able to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 01:11 PM   #1052
coolamber
Rep

Unfortunately I did not see this post or I would have purchased the correct cable from the outset. I was on another forum and was under the impression they were all the same until I saw this post last night and read through everything after I was having issues. My post earlier was simply to verify I had the wrong cable since it did not seem to match either one I saw in earlier threads. The guy I bought it from said it was my fault it was not working and will not let me return it. At least it was relatively inexpensive.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #1053
spazticrecords
Banned
Rep

Who or where did you buy it from. Sounds like a scam artist. E-mail me

************************* and i will try to help.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #1054
larry_bml
First Lieutenant
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazticrecords View Post
Who or where did you buy it from. Sounds like a scam artist. E-mail me

************************* and i will try to help.
I've send you a new email, with all the modules i can access from the car. I don't have an NFRM module, or i didn't see it.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 04:55 PM   #1055
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolamber View Post
Unfortunately I did not see this post or I would have purchased the correct cable from the outset. I was on another forum and was under the impression they were all the same until I saw this post last night and read through everything after I was having issues. My post earlier was simply to verify I had the wrong cable since it did not seem to match either one I saw in earlier threads. The guy I bought it from said it was my fault it was not working and will not let me return it. At least it was relatively inexpensive.
Well, sorry bout that - I guess my comment wasn't the best 'Welcome to the Forum' post ever made then?

Seems to me that whomever is selling these inferior cables fully knows it & goes by the 'Buyer Beware' code - otherwise he should have no problem with a refund.

What would be nice is if you could find someone local that has the other cable and see if you have same problems, to validate. Barring that, my guess is you will have to get the other cable. Then there are a lot of guys here that can/will help if you run in to a problem.

I'm using the eBay cable, on WinXP, with the specific USB driver from FTDI chip.com without any problems FWIW

So I'll try again - Welcome to the forum!
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2011, 05:08 PM   #1056
coolamber
Rep

No worries, so difficult to convey actual intent or history in a short message

One thing I did notice in an earlier post is the driver for the FTDI unit does not seem to use the serial key in the registry. It instead uses the FTSER2K key instead. However the obdsetup file checks the serial key.
Appreciate 0