E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > solution: e90 lci halogen headlights to HID

04-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #45
taranonline
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

The car is on incline. Just check the low beam cut off line. I will post pics on flat against wall. These don't blind oncoming drivers. No body hasn't flashed me to lower my beams.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #46
AdiSinghV12
First Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport, X1, 525d

To all the assholes who've posted racist/abusive comments:
Is this your freakin car? Did you invest on it? No? Then why act like you've got piles in your arse? There are better ways of putting forward your suggestion/opinion! Not taking any sides but after reading the comments, one thing is for sure that the thread started, isn't the one who started this whole shitty game... Anyways... Taran paaji mitti pao!

Personally speaking, the HIDs isn't looking great on the car and does blind the oncoming driver to some extent. But its his wish! The car looks great otherwise. The alloys, splitters, etc looks good!

Peace out!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #47
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Is this your freakin car? Did you invest on it? No? Then why act like you've got piles in your arse? There are better ways of putting forward your suggestion/opinion! Not taking any sides but after reading the comments, one thing is for sure that the thread started, isn't the one who started this whole shitty game... Anyways... Taran paaji mitti pao!

Personally speaking, the HIDs isn't looking great on the car and does blind the oncoming driver to some extent. But its his wish! The car looks great otherwise. The alloys, splitters, etc looks good!

Peace out!

Racist comments? I reviewed this thread and didn't see a single comment. The closest thing to racist was the OP's own comment that everyone drives with high beams and shit in India.

That "its his wish" line kills me. It's blinding the shit out of people, but it's his wish so they should suffer...obviously.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #48
AdiSinghV12
First Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: 320d M-Sport, X1, 525d

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Racist comments? I reviewed this thread and didn't see a single comment. The closest thing to racist was the OP's own comment that everyone drives with high beams and shit in India.

That "its his wish" line kills me. It's blinding the shit out of people, but it's his wish so they should suffer...obviously.
I do agree with you bro and understand your feelings but shouldn't have used abusive words first up. And no, not everyone in India drives with high beams. Not most of em at least & check out the first page, a couple of comments is a bit insulting and anger provoking. Anyways, lets drop it now. Peace out!

Keep Revvin'
Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #49
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Quote:

Peace out!
Bro, shut the fuck up - you're telling me his piece of shit lights are blinding other drivers but thats okay because thats how he likes it?

You're as big a dick as the OP for thinking that shit is okay, its dangerous as fuck and irresponsible.

If its okay for him to dazzle oncoming traffic because "its his wish", then its sure as hell okay for people to tell him he's a completely selfish ass-clown for doing so, as that is their wish. If he (or you) don't like it, there is nothing you can do about, just like the poor drivers coming up against his lights.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #50
taranonline
Banned
Rep

keep em coming..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 03:36 AM   #51
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

Not here to be a thread basher. Actually have a question for you bro. Do you get Any error codes?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #52
taranonline
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.!
Not here to be a thread basher. Actually have a question for you bro. Do you get Any error codes?
No errors
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #53
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilejo View Post
If its okay for him to dazzle oncoming traffic because "its his wish", then its sure as hell okay for people to tell him he's a completely selfish ass-clown for doing so, as that is their wish. If he (or you) don't like it, there is nothing you can do about, just like the poor drivers coming up against his lights.
I love that man. The car's been bedazzled
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #54
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
OK, i'm going to echo what others have said, and take it a step further.

I hope you have those headlights aimed, because the cutoff is going to be hellish to oncoming drivers. Have someone drive your car with the low beams on at you on a dark road, and then with the high beams.

Additionally, you're putting out a ton of light to the foreground (closest to your car, in laymans terms), so when you're driving down a dark road at night, your eyes adjust to the road right in front of your car (the brightest light source by far). The reaction to all this foreground light causes your pupils to shrink, actually making your night-time vision worse.

Furthermore, as I'm sure you've noticed, HID's take a few seconds to heat up (OEM ballasts doing so more quickly than aftermarket ballasts). If you're not using wiring harnesses, and you're trying to use flash-to-pass, you're putting an incredible amount of strain on the factory wires. The aftermarket ballasts draw more current on startup than OEM ballasts, and "flashing" someone only makes things worse. And if you want to quickly switch over to high beams, you're going to have a few seconds of very reduced light output before the high beams warm up.

A good bixenon projector, like the FX-R 3.0's costs only $140 for the pair. You seem handy enough that a retrofit would be an easy job for you. You'll see a huge difference. You could even do a quad setup if you really wanted to (FX-R's outside, EVO-X R's inside; or 4 FX-R's; or 4 EVO-X R's...you get the idea), so you could use the same 4 HID kits you have now (you'll need new D2S based bulbs though), but your low beam would be super wide and bright with a killer cutoff, and your high beam would be hundreds of times better than the setup you have now.

I've been driven around in cars that have PnP HID kits in reflector housings, and it's just bad. Once you go to a projector setup, you'll realize how bad the PnP setup was.

If you're interested, I'll provide as much assistance as I possibly can. Just PM me.
Dude, you seem to know a lot about HID and such. I have an m3 rep bumper with the hid housings and I wired some canbus hid to them but only one side turns on then an error hits and it powers off. I thought canbus eliminated errors? Any ideas??
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #55
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
Dude, you seem to know a lot about HID and such. I have an m3 rep bumper with the hid housings and I wired some canbus hid to them but only one side turns on then an error hits and it powers off. I thought canbus eliminated errors? Any ideas??
Hmm...what vendor did you get your HID kit from? And what year is your car?

Unfortunately, some cars are extremely picky aftermarket LED lights and HID kits--especially 2006 & 2007 cars.

There are solutions for these cars, the easiest of which is coding. Basically, it tells the car not to run a bulb-check on those particular bulbs.

You can take it a step further by running relay harnesses and coding, which will eliminate errors and flickering during usage caused by PWM (voltage fluctuation done by one of the carputers to prolong the life of halogen bulbs)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #56
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hmm...what vendor did you get your HID kit from? And what year is your car?

Unfortunately, some cars are extremely picky aftermarket LED lights and HID kits--especially 2006 & 2007 cars.

There are solutions for these cars, the easiest of which is coding. Basically, it tells the car not to run a bulb-check on those particular bulbs.

You can take it a step further by running relay harnesses and coding, which will eliminate errors and flickering during usage caused by PWM (voltage fluctuation done by one of the carputers to prolong the life of halogen bulbs)
I got it from modmy3. Its an 07 328. So coding will make that problem go away?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:04 AM   #57
BMWonderz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
from what I've heard, ModMy3 canbus ballasts require cancelers. then you don't need coding, because cancelers are part of the reason why your car won't throw codes.

JK.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #58
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

how did this guy get his fogs to work without soldering capacitors? And why would you put HIDs on your high beams? If youre trying to warn someone or be a dick with your highbeams, by the time your HIDs warm up, that driver would be long gone. LOL. Tbh i went the ghetto route too at first and I did blind people. Switched over to projectors and No fogs with my m3 rep.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #59
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it will. Capacitors/resistors/error cancelling doodads can make the problem go away (again, some picky 06/07 models will throw a fit with anything...) but coding guarantees no more errors, and will eliminate strobeing on start-up that decreases the lifespan of the ballasts/bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #60
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:

Peace out!

Dude get your testosterone levels checked you are way too sensitive. Only thing people said was that the roads in India are horrible and people drive how ever they hell they want, which happens to be true.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #61
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it will. Capacitors/resistors/error cancelling doodads can make the problem go away (again, some picky 06/07 models will throw a fit with anything...) but coding guarantees no more errors, and will eliminate strobeing on start-up that decreases the lifespan of the ballasts/bulbs.
what exactly would I code out? just the bulb checks and such?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 11:52 PM   #62
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonderz View Post
from what I've heard, ModMy3 canbus ballasts require cancelers. then you don't need coding, because cancelers are part of the reason why your car won't throw codes.

JK.
haha, sorry about the thread jacking...

just trying to get some attention off of the op who was about to experience a flame suit malfunction. Flame suits only work so long... lol

I thought canbus meant that it already had the canceller built in?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 01:54 AM   #63
BMWonderz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

MOST canbus ballasts. On modmy3.com, I think in small prints on the bottom... says "require canceler."

Quote:
haha, sorry about the thread jacking...

just trying to get some attention off of the op who was about to experience a flame suit malfunction. Flame suits only work so long... lol

I thought canbus meant that it already had the canceller built in?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 02:52 AM   #64
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpax56 View Post
how did this guy get his fogs to work without soldering capacitors? And why would you put HIDs on your high beams? If youre trying to warn someone or be a dick with your highbeams, by the time your HIDs warm up, that driver would be long gone. LOL. Tbh i went the ghetto route too at first and I did blind people. Switched over to projectors and No fogs with my m3 rep.
what you do with the foglights?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #65
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
what exactly would I code out? just the bulb checks and such?
Yes, exactly!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #66
kar40980
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i/2011 328i

Burn baby burn!!!
Appreciate 0