E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > In need of a bodyshop

12-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #1
that328
Rep
Drives: 328

Angry In need of a bodyshop

anyone know a good bodyshop around walnut/rowland heights? i heard 2020 is good but trying to look for something closer. got hit and run and dont wanna really deal with insurance ... the only real damage is on my fender and just got minor scruffs on my headlights and bumper thank god!

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 12:54 AM   #2
kevin@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

There is K&W Autobody on Lemon Ave. in Diamond Bar. Right next to Walnut.
Ouch on the damage looks like that damage is easily ~1k+.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
Robben@ltbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Space Grey

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
K&W are awesome and experienced. They will definitely do a good job but the down side is that they aren't cheap. They showed me around the whole shop and it is HUGE, they have 2 warehouses to keep the cars to do repair, and they keep the nice cars such as lambo, porsche, fairlady z, etc.. in the garage behind the office. The paint quality looked nice on the custom paints and seems like a lot of nice cars gets send there to be repaired. If you go, ask for Ken and I'm sure he'll show you around.

My mom and my car has both been repaired at 2020. Their facility are about the same size as my house (which isn't big at all) and when my car came back, the battery was completely drained (couldn't even start the car the first time) and battery low warning light came on. The people they hire would blast the music while working on your car and I saw that with my own eyes. Also, they were very rude when I asked about some broken tabs on my rear bumper even though I was just asking a question if they might've broke it, they instantly yelled at me for blaming they are unprofessional when they have done 'millions of BMWs'. Other than the service and incident with my battery, the work itself is decent and looks flawless as of this moment (6 mo.) However my mom nor I will go back to 2020 again.

ps. in my opinion, it would be just cheaper to find a replacement fender for e92, find a place to paint it and install it yourself (or you can have a shop near you install it). As far as bumper, I might know a bumper repair guy that can do it. and just leave the headlight as is.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 03:37 AM   #4
armorrig
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Tamiya

I can't seem to figure out what's on your photo. Are you missing a chunk of metal from your fender?
      12-19-2010, 04:24 AM   #5
that328
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorrig View Post
I can't seem to figure out what's on your photo. Are you missing a chunk of metal from your fender?
turns out the fender isnt made out of metal lol just lost a huge chunk of my fender
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 04:36 AM   #6
that328
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina@ltbmw View Post
K&W are awesome and experienced. They will definitely do a good job but the down side is that they aren't cheap. They showed me around the whole shop and it is HUGE, they have 2 warehouses to keep the cars to do repair, and they keep the nice cars such as lambo, porsche, fairlady z, etc.. in the garage behind the office. The paint quality looked nice on the custom paints and seems like a lot of nice cars gets send there to be repaired. If you go, ask for Ken and I'm sure he'll show you around.

My mom and my car has both been repaired at 2020. Their facility are about the same size as my house (which isn't big at all) and when my car came back, the battery was completely drained (couldn't even start the car the first time) and battery low warning light came on. The people they hire would blast the music while working on your car and I saw that with my own eyes. Also, they were very rude when I asked about some broken tabs on my rear bumper even though I was just asking a question if they might've broke it, they instantly yelled at me for blaming they are unprofessional when they have done 'millions of BMWs'. Other than the service and incident with my battery, the work itself is decent and looks flawless as of this moment (6 mo.) However my mom nor I will go back to 2020 again.

ps. in my opinion, it would be just cheaper to find a replacement fender for e92, find a place to paint it and install it yourself (or you can have a shop near you install it). As far as bumper, I might know a bumper repair guy that can do it. and just leave the headlight as is.
i think i might just get the fender online, but i dont know what site to buy it off from
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
m3pare
Banned
Philippines
Rep
Drives: OBD1 M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorrig View Post
e92 fenders are made of plastic
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
my335i
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: f80 m3

pm'd you...
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #9
that328
Rep

Thanks for the input guys. My friend told me to try to find a fender from the junkyard or buy it online and he'll help me put my fender on
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 02:54 PM   #10
Robben@ltbmw
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Space Grey

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
ebay has a lot and seems like this one has the same color as your car already

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...#ht_500wt_1182
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 02:56 AM   #11
that328
Rep

Quote:
ebay has a lot and seems like this one has the same color as your car already

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...#ht_500wt_1182
perfect! thanks alot!
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2010, 08:37 PM   #12
RaceFab
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

fender

Ceck to make sure your headlight tabs are not cracked..there an expensive replace.Ive had a familiar accident with mine as well..oh btw stay away from M1 AUTOBODY and there affiliates work is junk
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #13
kpxshorty
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

i work @ bodyshop.
@ bellflower.
LMK!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 02:20 PM   #14
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d

Garage List
Quote:

Appreciate 0