E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Pulled over for Tint

05-24-2015, 09:44 PM   #23
Some Asian Guy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5

So...did posting your story on this forum go the way you expected it to go?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 09:45 PM   #24
OP3NAIR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 335i e93, '03 325xiT

They know its guaranteed revenue. Its cheaper to pay the ticket than it is to get the tint removed and reinstalled, or waste half of a work day to go to court and fight it.
I once got pulled over in rush hour (doing well over the speed limit like everyone else), for nothing but tint... you guessed it, the 30th of the month.
Just chalk it up to extra registration fees and move along.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 09:46 PM   #25
Tim07e90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [8.50]
I agree with almost all the post above. So which excuse is it? Medical condition? Car wash streaks? Bought from the dealership? I agree with what some had said up there. He clearly didn't ask for your medical condition waiver because he would be wasting your time and his time with you searching around your car and then saying "Oh, I must've left it at home. Soweeeee Officer". You should have just done what he asked and to be honest, he probably would have let you go. With all the incidents going on around this world, many people want to always blame the officers for everything. It's part of their job to do things like this. There are reasons there are vehicle code rules. Please don't waste your time and fight it. Or maybe you should and learn a lesson. Good luck.
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2015, 10:24 PM   #26
Chrisruf911
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i...not stock

Posts like these make me glad I am not a cop. I would have given the op any and all tickets I could conjure up just for being a dick. I have never had trouble with the police because I am respectful and I admit when I am wrong. Just fix your tint and move on with your life.
Appreciate 1
      05-24-2015, 10:29 PM   #27
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Are you 16 or something ? You act irrational and get a tint ticket for a tint that IS ILLEGAL, and you come here and whine?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:45 PM   #28
DETSGTSTARSKY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Well it is an equipment violation that you can be stopped for. The tint can be checked with their tint meter to see if it meets legal requirements for a Wisconsin registered vehicle. If not then they are able to issue a citation for the violation. Since you were not complying with a lawful order to check for the violation it is lucky you were not booked for obstruction. A lot of times they want to educate you on your responsibility and don't always cite. Since you wanted to screw around and behave like a douche you were cited. Now I would stop and cite you every single time your vehicle is out on the road with the tint.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 11:51 PM   #29
Ozzie335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

I can't help but wonder what medical condition the OP feels that he can claim that such extreme window tinting is necessary. Seriously, are the windows intentionally so dark that a cop can't see him smoking something to ease the pain of whatever affliction he claims to have? My advise is for the OP to shut up, pay up, change the tint, and hope the cop forgets about the encounter. The reason for the law in the first place is because a cop might walk up to a car that he had just pulled over and not see the driver pull a gun on him. We were all given enough information for a verdict of guilty.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 12:38 AM   #30
E90335is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Asian Guy View Post
Absolutely. I got what I needed, a recorded document of my statement stored in Google cache. It does add humor to read all the responses from everyone on what they think, or what they think they know. I knew how everyone was going to act, It's a car forum (I've been around long enough). Feel free to keep posting, especially if you're not a roll over and took it to court. I plan on fighting the ticket and having it dropped. I'll post again about it once it's over.

Till then, don't fail me on the entertainment.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 01:11 AM   #31
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 01:14 AM   #32
Douche
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattngsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Asian Guy View Post
Absolutely. I got what I needed, a recorded document of my statement stored in Google cache. It does add humor to read all the responses from everyone on what they think, or what they think they know. I knew how everyone was going to act, It's a car forum (I've been around long enough). Feel free to keep posting, especially if you're not a roll over and took it to court. I plan on fighting the ticket and having it dropped. I'll post again about it once it's over.

Well since you asked...

You may not be a roll over.
But you will most definitely bend over for this one.

In hopes you get an added penalty, anxious to learn more from you.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 06:31 AM   #33
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 09:24 AM   #34
Greyfox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 330k+ (miles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattngsx View Post

Please, oh please go talk to the judge with that same attitude. But honestly, I seriously doubt you will report back with the truth from your statements already.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 09:54 AM   #35
Aashenfox
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi 6AT

I have got away with everything you can imagine over the years, including some things that would surprise you. In fact, fuck that, it would shock you some of the things I have talked my way out of.

My advice for authority figures in general...tell them what they want to hear, get them out of your face asap. They don't want to deal with you any more than you want to deal with them. Be as silver tongued as you can be without making it obvious you are kissing ass. It's a talent, but one worth picking up. Good luck with case. I don't agree with some of the mob mentality going on in this thread, but you have made yourself an uncomfortable bed with contradictory statements, I hope you are ready to lie in it.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 10:00 AM   #36
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
I can't help but wonder what medical condition the OP feels that he can claim that such extreme window tinting is necessary. Seriously, are the windows intentionally so dark that a cop can't see him smoking something to ease the pain of whatever affliction he claims to have? My advise is for the OP to shut up, pay up, change the tint, and hope the cop forgets about the encounter. The reason for the law in the first place is because a cop might walk up to a car that he had just pulled over and not see the driver pull a gun on him. We were all given enough information for a verdict of guilty.
He is Count Dracula and is very sensitive to sunlight.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #37
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Pay the ticket and move on, or remove the tint and don't go through that shit again- simple really.

Typically one never gets pulled over for just tint alone- at least in this tri-state area of ours... just sayin.

Lastly, I would've never posted this, because believe it or not, law-enforcement and legal officials can scan the Internet for things like this- and this would be your death knell in any court room.
Dark_Knight_335
social media has been the down fall of many who were not too smart.

mattngsx
how much is the ticket?
how much is new tint?
how much is your time worth?

you are never wasting the city's time, they get paid to show up and deal with you. they made the rules in their favor and they have their attorneys and judges deciding your fate not theirs. life sucks... life is not fair... its your turn to pay your dues like the rest of the ppl who try to live on the edge.

i'm not one to say i'm different than you, i'm running 20% all around, i know i'll get popped one day... but i'll deal with it then. i know that i gotta pay to play, but protecting me from UV A/B, interior fade, heat reduction, and some asthetics are worth a small fine. tint tickets don't go on your record, move on with your life is my 0.02 cents cuz no good will come of your efforts. i get your upset and venting... just don't make your situation worse.
Appreciate 1
      05-25-2015, 11:16 AM   #38
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETSGTSTARSKY View Post
Well it is an equipment violation that you can be stopped for. The tint can be checked with their tint meter to see if it meets legal requirements for a Wisconsin registered vehicle. If not then they are able to issue a citation for the violation. Since you were not complying with a lawful order to check for the violation it is lucky you were not booked for obstruction. A lot of times they want to educate you on your responsibility and don't always cite. Since you wanted to screw around and behave like a douche you were cited. Now I would stop and cite you every single time your vehicle is out on the road with the tint.
if you did that then he would have a reason to take you to court and end your career, you are now crossing the line and stalking him. You would also have a vendeta that is easy to place blame on the officer if he iteracts with you twice (because he can now prove doubt in your unbiased law ENFORCEMENT has changed to a persecution). Also in the original offence, a tint is a secondary offence... not a primary. So he can't pull you over for just that one thing. you need to be speeding or drunk driving or something like that and OH by the way... your tint is not legal too.

mattngsx OP, now that its been proven that the tint was illegal the only thing you can hope for is to have the officer repremanded for not following the correct process. But you know how that goes, all cops cover each others a$$. Nothing fruitful will come of it and its not a huge calamity to get media attention. Cops are nothing more than legalized Mafia

Last edited by fazman; 05-25-2015 at 11:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 11:23 AM   #39
bender rodriguez
Banned
Rep
Drives: Audi

I have been pulled over and my car searched for tint. Such bullshit and I don't even drive a ghetto mobile.

What is complete bullshit is when I got my tint it was legal but then they changed the law so two of my windows are 5 percent too dark. Hardly any difference but enough to get pulled over.

Don't post these stories here. People some how think cops are good people and don't lie
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 11:34 AM   #40
inFamousKicks
Member.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

You could have avoided the fine, points and the time you'll spend in court if you hadn't decided to be a dick. Oh, poor you, you didn't want to get streaks on your window

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 12:19 PM   #41
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
if you did that then he would have a reason to take you to court and end your career, you are now crossing the line and stalking him. You would also have a vendeta that is easy to place blame on the officer if he iteracts with you twice (because he can now prove doubt in your unbiased law ENFORCEMENT has changed to a persecution). Also in the original offence, a tint is a secondary offence... not a primary. So he can't pull you over for just that one thing. you need to be speeding or drunk driving or something like that and OH by the way... your tint is not legal too.

mattngsx OP, now that its been proven that the tint was illegal the only thing you can hope for is to have the officer repremanded for not following the correct process. But you know how that goes, all cops cover each others a$$. Nothing fruitful will come of it and its not a huge calamity to get media attention. Cops are nothing more than legalized Mafia
Yes he can pull you over for JUST tints and no you will not be able to fight that ticket.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 12:21 PM   #42
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFamousKicks View Post
You could have avoided the fine, points and the time you'll spend in court if you hadn't decided to be a dick. Oh, poor you, you didn't want to get streaks on your window
Never heard of anyone getting points for tint. At least not in NJ, not sure about other states. In NJ it is like a $50 or $60 fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2015, 12:38 PM   #43
justanotherdude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 AW 328 [Sold]

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
As a Police Officer, I'm just going to mention a few things.

1. He pulled you over for tint. A small violation, we cops usually don't care. When we pull over for things like this, we're fishing. A lot of times small violations can lead to big ones. So although he pulled you over for tint, he was probably more interested in seeing if there was anything illegal in the car you might have wanted to hide behind said tint, or if your registration was expired or whatever the case may be.

2. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that if you had cooperated completely and rolled up the window like he asked, he would have just given you a warning, a fix-it ticket, or just left you alone completely. In this case, I'm sure he wrote you the ticket solely because you were being uncooperative. He'll write in his notes everything you did as well and the judge will receive a copy of the notes.

3. Yes, we're all just doing our job with things like this. Do we like enforcing some of the more petty laws? Not really. But if we let people get away with small things, eventually it'll lead to bigger issues. Just sayin'. Also, quotas are illegal and no department anywhere has quotas. If you notice an influx in stops, it's either because they're looking for certain violations, or there's just an influx in stupidity.

This one is on you. I'd pay your ticket and move on.
Appreciate 5
      05-25-2015, 02:19 PM   #44
Tim07e90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyabloke
As a Police Officer, I'm just going to mention a few things.

1. He pulled you over for tint. A small violation, we cops usually don't care. When we pull over for things like this, we're fishing. A lot of times small violations can lead to big ones. So although he pulled you over for tint, he was probably more interested in seeing if there was anything illegal in the car you might have wanted to hide behind said tint, or if your registration was expired or whatever the case may be.

2. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that if you had cooperated completely and rolled up the window like he asked, he would have just given you a warning, a fix-it ticket, or just left you alone completely. In this case, I'm sure he wrote you the ticket solely because you were being uncooperative. He'll write in his notes everything you did as well and the judge will receive a copy of the notes.

3. Yes, we're all just doing our job with things like this. Do we like enforcing some of the more petty laws? Not really. But if we let people get away with small things, eventually it'll lead to bigger issues. Just sayin'. Also, quotas are illegal and no department anywhere has quotas. If you notice an influx in stops, it's either because they're looking for certain violations, or there's just an influx in stupidity.

This one is on you. I'd pay your ticket and move on.
Totally agree on this. Even though I'm not a police officer, I do work in public service. Especially, on point number three. Why does everyone think police officers have quota? They do not! They do things solely because their dept experienced a bad incident earlier and press on issues to stop it from getting there. Probably had a bad incident with some in darker tint and it let to something else. I'm not sittin here and actin like an angel either. Even though I don't agree with all vehicle codes, I know the consequences I'll face when I get pulled over for my vehicle violations. You gotta pay to play.
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0