E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Official APEX Wheels Showroom Gallery Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-05-2017, 06:13 PM   #661
ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
362
Rep
1,946
Posts


Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinTheDay22 View Post
So I got EC-7 et35, 9.5 w/ 265/35r18 with Aelous all-season tires. And the fitment was disappointing. Added a 10mm spacers and it looked better with an ideal flush. No rubbing as well.

I have an '08 328xi and the suspension sits high.

Will an et25 10 with 275/35r18 will work w/o rubbing?

Might just move the 9.5s to the front.
The 18x9.5" ET35 is a go-to rear fitment for the E9X 3 series because it is a direct fit with just about any 265 tire, and even many 275 tires. For enthusiasts wanting to install a proven rear fitment that will easily accommodate 265 and even 275 tires without trouble, this is a great option that will not require modification to the car. It accommodates different ride heights, alignment settings and the variance present between different tire brands.

With that said, for coupes or pre-lci sedan owners looking for a flush rear fitment, a more aggressive wheel can be used. There a a few options depending on tire size and how much modification the owner is willing to make.

18x9.5" ET35 - Play with 5mm to 15mm spacers depending on where you want the wheel positioned within the rear fenders.

18x10" ET33 - This wheel is 8mm more aggressive towards the rear fenders than the 18x9.5" ET33. Typically direct fit with 265 tires, however some tires may require fender rolling or negative camber to prevent rubbing under compression.

18x9.5" ET22 - This wheel is 13mm more aggressive towards the rear fenders than the 18x9.5" ET35. Rolling rear fenders or dialing in negative camber to prevent rubbing under load may be required.

18x10" ET25 - This is the most aggressive option that is still do-able with stock fenders. This wheel is 16mm more aggressive towards the rear fenders than the 18x9.5" ET35. These will almost certainly require fender rolling and/or negative camber to prevent rubbing under compression.

I hope this helps

- Ryan
__________________
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2017, 05:43 AM   #662
e36mmm
Captain
82
Rep
875
Posts

Drives: 335i M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhoul335i View Post
My 19" Satin Black ARC-8's sittin' pretty
Nice fitment
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 12:48 AM   #663
RGP-N54
Private
8
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Uh, sorry for being that guy but I haven't really found the setup that I have in mind..

I was looking to do a squared 265 set up 17 Inch 9.5 Apex Arc-8s.. is that possible? I have an E92 335i that's still at stock ride height
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 01:25 PM   #664
Expert@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
319
Rep
3,245
Posts


Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP-N54 View Post
Uh, sorry for being that guy but I haven't really found the setup that I have in mind..

I was looking to do a squared 265 set up 17 Inch 9.5 Apex Arc-8s.. is that possible? I have an E92 335i that's still at stock ride height
No problem! We are happy to help. The 17x9.5" ET35 squared can fit, but it is an aggressive fitment and will require some work. Up front, you will need at least an 8mm spacer to clear your suspension, and then negative camber will need to be dialed in. Spacer size is dependent on what type of suspension and tires you have, so a larger spacer may be needed in some cases. In the rear, a 265 is typically a direct fit.

If you are looking for a direct fit, then I would recommend going with our 17x9" ET30 wheels. This provides the same concavity as the 17x9.5" ET35, but usually does not require spacers to be installed up front (unless you are using a conical style suspension such as KW, or Ohlins. In that case, a 5mm spacer may be needed up front). You would be able to run 245/40-17 or 255/40-17 tires on that fitment. A touch of negative camber may be needed with 255's depending on your ride height and tire brand/compound.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

-Matt
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 08:14 PM   #665
RGP-N54
Private
8
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
No problem! We are happy to help. The 17x9.5" ET35 squared can fit, but it is an aggressive fitment and will require some work. Up front, you will need at least an 8mm spacer to clear your suspension, and then negative camber will need to be dialed in. Spacer size is dependent on what type of suspension and tires you have, so a larger spacer may be needed in some cases. In the rear, a 265 is typically a direct fit.

If you are looking for a direct fit, then I would recommend going with our 17x9" ET30 wheels. This provides the same concavity as the 17x9.5" ET35, but usually does not require spacers to be installed up front (unless you are using a conical style suspension such as KW, or Ohlins. In that case, a 5mm spacer may be needed up front). You would be able to run 245/40-17 or 255/40-17 tires on that fitment. A touch of negative camber may be needed with 255's depending on your ride height and tire brand/compound.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

-Matt
I appreciate your reply Matt, great customer service . Always a pleasure seeing that.

Anyways, thanks for the reply Matt. My goal is to have the rims by the end of the year so if anyone's looking to the same setup I'll be more than happy to share it when it's all set!

FBO E50 + ARC-8s are the goal for the end of the year.. time will tell.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #666
RGP-N54
Private
8
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
No problem! We are happy to help. The 17x9.5" ET35 squared can fit, but it is an aggressive fitment and will require some work. Up front, you will need at least an 8mm spacer to clear your suspension, and then negative camber will need to be dialed in. Spacer size is dependent on what type of suspension and tires you have, so a larger spacer may be needed in some cases. In the rear, a 265 is typically a direct fit.

If you are looking for a direct fit, then I would recommend going with our 17x9" ET30 wheels. This provides the same concavity as the 17x9.5" ET35, but usually does not require spacers to be installed up front (unless you are using a conical style suspension such as KW, or Ohlins. In that case, a 5mm spacer may be needed up front). You would be able to run 245/40-17 or 255/40-17 tires on that fitment. A touch of negative camber may be needed with 255's depending on your ride height and tire brand/compound.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

-Matt

Alrighty, I searched up the maximum camber on stock suspension and it's only about -1.2 or so? For the front.

I was just wondering if that's enough to clear the car, if not if you could recommend camber plates.

Bmw 335i e92 2009.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 02:40 PM   #667
Expert@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
319
Rep
3,245
Posts


Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP-N54 View Post
I appreciate your reply Matt, great customer service . Always a pleasure seeing that.

Anyways, thanks for the reply Matt. My goal is to have the rims by the end of the year so if anyone's looking to the same setup I'll be more than happy to share it when it's all set!

FBO E50 + ARC-8s are the goal for the end of the year.. time will tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP-N54 View Post
Alrighty, I searched up the maximum camber on stock suspension and it's only about -1.2 or so? For the front.

I was just wondering if that's enough to clear the car, if not if you could recommend camber plates.

Bmw 335i e92 2009.

Thanks!
No problem! We are always happy to assist. Looking forward to seeing the wheels on your car in the near future

-1.2 degrees would likely not be enough when running the 17x9.5" ET35 + spacer up front. If you were to run the 17x9" ET30, then you would have no issues. If you do plan to run the 17x9.5" ET35, then I would recommend purchasing a set of camber plates. We do offer camber plates directly on our website, so you would be able to purchase them alongside your wheels

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Matt
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #668
RGP-N54
Private
8
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
No problem! We are happy to help. The 17x9.5" ET35 squared can fit, but it is an aggressive fitment and will require some work. Up front, you will need at least an 8mm spacer to clear your suspension, and then negative camber will need to be dialed in. Spacer size is dependent on what type of suspension and tires you have, so a larger spacer may be needed in some cases. In the rear, a 265 is typically a direct fit.

If you are looking for a direct fit, then I would recommend going with our 17x9" ET30 wheels. This provides the same concavity as the 17x9.5" ET35, but usually does not require spacers to be installed up front (unless you are using a conical style suspension such as KW, or Ohlins. In that case, a 5mm spacer may be needed up front). You would be able to run 245/40-17 or 255/40-17 tires on that fitment. A touch of negative camber may be needed with 255's depending on your ride height and tire brand/compound.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

-Matt
Sorry to be a bother again Matt. I decided to just do staggered 245/40-17 which is perfect fitment and 265s in the rear. But, what tire to I get for the rear? Michelin Pilot Super Sports only have 265/35-18 so I'm not sure what tire and whether I should I have 40 or 35 in the rear?

Basically, my front is going to be Apex Arc-8's ET30 17x9" running a 245/40R-17 tire.
But, I'm stumped on what to do for the rear. My plan is to run a 265 tire with the Apex Arc 8 ET35 265/XR-17. Just missing the "X"

Last edited by RGP-N54; 10-24-2017 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Rear, not front.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 10:05 PM   #669
RGP-N54
Private
8
Rep
82
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 335i e92
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54SQUAD View Post
r888
Can you slide me your setup? Suspension, tires and rims? looks amazing.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 09:37 AM   #670
JSal335is
Enlisted Member
United_States
1
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2012 BSM 335is DCT
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Chicago, Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Will the EC 7’s on 18x9 +31 with 245/40/18 F and 18x10 +25 with 275/35/18 work with Öhlins? I know Ground Control camber plates will be needed in front, but what else would I need? Assuming that fender rolling will be required.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2018, 01:48 AM   #671
Darkduke
Private
7
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3 , '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

My M3 Coupe on Apex ARC-8s...

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 12:08 AM   #672
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
Cloud9blue's Avatar
United_States
387
Rep
3,152
Posts

Drives: around the potholes
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b92 View Post
Just posted this to another thread but thought I'd leave it here!

Suspension: KW Street Comfort coilovers
Wheels: APEX ARC-8, 18x9et30, 18x9.5et22. Michelin PSS 235/40/18, 255/35/18

Rear fenders are rolled (no pull) and my camber is a -1.0 in front, -3.2 rear (max stock adjustment for my car). Still rubbing a little bit in the rear, my next step will be to tighten the rebound stiffness.

Inner clearance up front is extremely tight with my KW coilovers, ~1mm!!! Photo of inner clearance

Click through the photo for the full resolution:
cleanest e92 I have seen on this forum in a long time!
__________________
09 BMW E92 335i: ACF Top Mount / EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Mod List]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
Appreciate 1
b9211

      01-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #673
b92
Private
United_States
11
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: '09 E92 335i, 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
cleanest e92 I have seen on this forum in a long time!
Your comment almost brought a tear to my eye, she was totaled back in October

I just picked up a 2011 335is on Sunday though, 6MT, Space Grey over Coral Red. Let the journey begin!
__________________
2011 E92 335is, Space Grey + Coral Red, 6MT. Stock... for now
2009 E92 335i, Sport Package, BSM + Saddle, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 07:05 PM   #674
joeinsd
Captain
joeinsd's Avatar
102
Rep
608
Posts

Drives: Stock 2010 e92 335i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (8)

It's been a while since I've posted here.. still loving them!
Attached Images
  

Last edited by joeinsd; 01-17-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 07:28 PM   #675
R99
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
223
Rep
1,683
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Any concave ARC-8 in 19” on F3x?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 07:35 PM   #676
Expert@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
319
Rep
3,245
Posts


Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
Any concave ARC-8 in 19” on F3x?
Ask and you shall receive!



Front
19x8.5" ET35 ARC-8 in Hyper Silver
235/35/19 Tires
5mm Spacer

Rear
19x9.5" ET33 ARC-8 in Hyper Silver
265/30/19 Tires

Suspension
H&R Sport springs
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 07:53 PM   #677
R99
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
223
Rep
1,683
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
Ask and you shall receive!



Front
19x8.5" ET35 ARC-8 in Hyper Silver
235/35/19 Tires
5mm Spacer

Rear
19x9.5" ET33 ARC-8 in Hyper Silver
265/30/19 Tires

Suspension
H&R Sport springs
Looks awesome!

I have a set of H&R’s sat here waiting to go on!

Are those E9x tyre sizes? Surely 235/40 & 265/35 would be the way to go? Or would it cause rubbing?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #678
Expert@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
319
Rep
3,245
Posts


Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
Looks awesome!

I have a set of H&R’s sat here waiting to go on!

Are those E9x tyre sizes? Surely 235/40 & 265/35 would be the way to go? Or would it cause rubbing?
A 245/40-19 is a bit tall, and may lead to some rubbing against the fender liner. 245/35-19 was the safer option. The customer ran a 265/30-19 in the rear to give a bit more room with the 19x9.5" ET33. That wheel is quite aggressive on the F3X chassis, which is why a shorter tire was used. Those tires would work well on the E9X chassis as well.

-Matt
__________________
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:57 AM   #679
R99
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
223
Rep
1,683
Posts

Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring
Join Date: May 2013
Location: England, United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post
A 245/40-19 is a bit tall, and may lead to some rubbing against the fender liner. 245/35-19 was the safer option. The customer ran a 265/30-19 in the rear to give a bit more room with the 19x9.5" ET33. That wheel is quite aggressive on the F3X chassis, which is why a shorter tire was used. Those tires would work well on the E9X chassis as well.

-Matt
Thanks for the reply!

Would 235/40/19 on a 8.5j ET35 & 265/35/19 on a 9.5j ET33 work as a hassle free, no rub set up on a F31 LCI on H&R springs? Car is M Sport+ with the blue Brembo’s.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #680
Expert@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Expert@ApexRaceParts's Avatar
319
Rep
3,245
Posts


Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R99 View Post
Thanks for the reply!

Would 235/40/19 on a 8.5j ET35 & 265/35/19 on a 9.5j ET33 work as a hassle free, no rub set up on a F31 LCI on H&R springs? Car is M Sport+ with the blue Brembo’s.
Thanks for the post! With the 19s we recommend using shorter 235/35-19 and 265/30-19 tires to prevent rubbing in the rear. Taller tires may require rolled rear fenders to clear properly.

Hope this helps!

--Dylan
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:15 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST