E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Sun protection for interior

04-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #1
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Sun protection for interior

Hi, just found out my company is moving and my 07 328i will be spending its weekdays out in the Florida heat instead of inside a parking garage. Currently my 5yr old interior is in near-immaculate shape and I'm concerned it will begin to take a beating.

I'd like to give my car sun protection while parked but I'm reluctant to go for tinting.

Those of you who expose your car to the heat everyday, does anyone recommend the BMW sunshades or any particular sun protection?

Any good products that you've used for awhile to protect your vinyl and leather?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
hxs80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328i

Apart from having tinted windows (35% all around) , I use

- aerospace 303 for interiors (except leather) and the plastics on the exterior
- Gummi Plfedge for exterior rubber parts
- generic Walmart two piece folding sunscreens (considering getting my windshield "tinted" clear with a high uv protecting tint)
- I treat the leather with the Leatherique rejuvi/cleaner system ( The cleaner provides UV protection)

I try to park far away and under shade most of the time but that has drawbacks; Bird poop, tree particles, and extra pollen in the summer.

I tried the aerospace 303 on the headlamps but I found it hazed them up a bit. I might look at getting them uv clear tinted as well. I hate yellowing headlamps.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hxs80 View Post

- generic Walmart two piece folding sunscreens (considering getting my windshield "tinted" clear with a high uv protecting tint)
- I treat the leather with the Leatherique rejuvi/cleaner system ( The cleaner provides UV protection)

I try to park far away and under shade most of the time but that has drawbacks; Bird poop, tree particles, and extra pollen in the summer.

I tried the aerospace 303 on the headlamps but I found it hazed them up a bit. I might look at getting them uv clear tinted as well. I hate yellowing headlamps.
thanks great ideas. Do have any issues with tint around the black dot-matrix window edges?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
hxs80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hxs80 View Post

thanks great ideas. Do have any issues with tint around the black dot-matrix window edges?
Not on the windows but I do in the rear shield. I would suggest the following alternative but I ignored the advice myself. Get the installer to lay down a strip of black vinyl first and then put the tint on. I have seen a few Members do it on their car and it looks 10 times better. Search around and you'll find the posts. Either that or get a written or darn good verbal guarantee from the installer that you won't have ANY issues with this area . Some places will tell you "it's really hard" ," results vary" , or they will blame BMW for it. The guy I did it with gave me a guarantee and he used some type of "adhesive" to help but it didn't. I could go back to get it fixed , I've just been lazy to be honest.

Just went a few hours ago to schedule a front windshield clear tint at another place. Getting it done next Saturday.
Appreciate 0