E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How to handle this?

11-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
Derek8819
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

How to handle this?

How would you guys handle this situation.

I ordered some parts online for one of my R/C helicopters and I ran into an issue. I filled out all the shipping information online correctly, but apparently my Paypal address that was verified was from my old apartment back in college. Apparently the company shipped to the verified address, which of course I no longer live at. As soon as I saw the mistake I called the company, which of course they could not reroute the package with USPS at this point. I also went online and filed a change of address with USPS, which takes 7-10 days to go into effect to try and reroute it off before delivery.

Despite my efforts the package was delived to the old apartment.

I went to the old apartment that evening to get the package. Knock on the door, lady answers with her thug son and flat out deny getting any packages. I have the tracking showing it was delivered and she admitted the mail had already passed and she had gotten stuff.

What do you guys think?

Company says it is my problem, USPS shows it was delivered to the right address, not their problem.

I do not trust USPS so the lady may not be lying, maybe it was given to another apartment. Maybe she opened the box and did not want to get in trouble for opening someone elses mail.

It wasnt anything of much value, about $70 worth of parts for a helicopter, usless stuff really to someone not in the hobby.

Do you guys think she is just another POS in America now a days?

What recourse do I have?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Lesson learned: when you move update your address on every single website you have an account on. Also, you should do the USPS change of address thing before you move. I know I am not telling you anything you haven't figured out already, I know it sucks.

Don't know what to say really. If USPS said it was delivered it probably was. If someone else picked it up and wants to lie about it, not much you can do.
      11-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

I don't think there is much to do. If I recall correctly, when I was living in apartments the "large" packages (basically anything that didnt fit in the mail boxes) would be delivered to the front office. maybe try contacting them?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Derek8819
First Lieutenant
Rep

^^ This is a house thats a double, not really that type of apartment, but good thinking.

I just can't believe a person would flat out lie like that, such a shame.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #5
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Yep not much you can do if the USPS says it was delivered even if you can provide some insight they wont do diddly.
I got a new mailman in the beginning of November, I received mail for another house, same number next cul de sac down for two days. I took the mail over there and dropped it off. Come to find out, my insurance renewal bill, exxon cc bill, car payment on another car etc. I did not receive. I asked the other house they denied receiving anything, contacted Post office they say it was delivered explained how I got their mail for 2 days, they said talk to them. Long story short late on 6 bills. This is in a subdivision of homes valued at 800K+. I truly believe their little s@#t bag kid just threw it out, he a little PITA in the neighborhood. Moral of story nobody cares about anyone else anymore.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

I wonder if you can look into terms and conditions on the seller's website. Specifically in regards to accepting Paypal payments. If they don't specifically state that they only ship to paypal verified address you may have something since you put the correct address into their order form....

Sucks, i've done the same thing but luckily my old address is my rental home, so i end up getting it anyway. Good luck.
      11-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

You have two choices ..

Take 70 dollars worth of possessions from them
or
Chalk it up as a loss.

Other than that - nothing can be done.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek8819 View Post
How would you guys handle this situation.

I ordered some parts online for one of my R/C helicopters and I ran into an issue. I filled out all the shipping information online correctly, but apparently my Paypal address that was verified was from my old apartment back in college. Apparently the company shipped to the verified address..
When you placed the order, what address shows up on the order/invoice they've emailed you?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
Rotorocious
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Never use usps.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #10
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I wonder if you can look into terms and conditions on the seller's website. Specifically in regards to accepting Paypal payments. If they don't specifically state that they only ship to paypal verified address you may have something since you put the correct address into their order form....

Sucks, i've done the same thing but luckily my old address is my rental home, so i end up getting it anyway. Good luck.

^ this, make sure to read the legal terms, if you really want to you could threaten to do small claims court if you think you have case, and check the address you have listed on your invoice, i work in the legal dept at my company and invoices are pretty important when dealing with issues like this. we can't even get our deals approved/funded from our banks if the ship to address on the invoice doesn't match the address on our documents
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

It's just $70 worth of R/C parts. Not worth the time, effort, or aggravation to try to get them back. Chalk it up as a lesson learned and move on.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
Derek8819
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thread resolved, I had left the lady my number in case they showed up. They magically did today. Anyhow, glad she did the right thing.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #13
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek8819 View Post
Thread resolved, I had left the lady my number in case they showed up. They magically did today. Anyhow, glad she did the right thing.
Sweet! glad to hear everything worked out
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #14
SpeedOften
Cone Killing E90
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 M40i

Garage List
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Isn't mail tampering a federal offense? Talk to the post office... You're not supposed to tamper with mail that has someone else's name on it even if it is to your address. Since the USPS can confirm that it was delivered, they can prove the people living at your old address recieved something not addressed to them by name.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #15
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Did he sign for it? If he did it is outright fraud. Contact USPS fraud department.

You could also contact Visa if your PP account is tied to it for funding. Visa guards against fraud as well.
Appreciate 0