E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > ipod on 6FL factory option not powering down.

10-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #1
judsonls
Private
Rep
Drives: 07' 335ci, SP, PP, CW

ipod on 6FL factory option not powering down.

I have my ipod plugged into the usb/aux input via the y cable adapter. All works fine, but the ipod continues to charge after the car has been turned off. My question, if anyone knows is, will this drain the car battery or will it stop drawing power from the battery after the ipod has been fully charged. More importantly, why does the usb stay an open power source after the car has been turned off and the key removed?
      10-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
gloster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i MT, sport

This appears to be the most popular current subject in the audio forum. If you want more info, check out http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83883, but here is the summary:

- first make sure it really is happening. the car will continue to keep the ipod charging for about 20 minutes and then should turn off. Leave your ipod out so you can see it and peek in your window without unlocking or opening your car to check. If you unlock or open the car, it will turn on.

- it might really be happening. there are two versions of the y-cable. the older version is bigger and has square corners. It seems to work fine with most ipods prior to the newest generation (ipod classic, ipod touch, iPhone, not sure about new nano). The newest generation seems to require the newer cable
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
judsonls
Private
Rep
Drives: 07' 335ci, SP, PP, CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloster View Post
This appears to be the most popular current subject in the audio forum. If you want more info, check out http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83883, but here is the summary:

- first make sure it really is happening. the car will continue to keep the ipod charging for about 20 minutes and then should turn off. Leave your ipod out so you can see it and peek in your window without unlocking or opening your car to check. If you unlock or open the car, it will turn on.

- it might really be happening. there are two versions of the y-cable. the older version is bigger and has square corners. It seems to work fine with most ipods prior to the newest generation (ipod classic, ipod touch, iPhone, not sure about new nano). The newest generation seems to require the newer cable

Thanks for the info. Reposts are very annoying I know. I really appreciate the synopsis.