E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Needs opinions & suggestions for mod on e92 TiAg

05-12-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
phistyle
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e92 335i

Needs opinions & suggestions for mod on e92 TiAg

I need some opinions and suggestions on what parts would look good on a TiAg (Titanium Silver Metallic) e92 (coupe). Haven't seen too many TiAg e92's with different mods on here yet. Too many AW and JB colors so I'm having a hard time imagining how things will look on my car.

Really haven't done much to my car yet besides Lux H8 angle eye LED's, License Plate LED's, and TiAg painted reflectors that are coming in this week and having my windows tinted next week.

First mod for the summer would be rims: I'm thinking about gunmetal CSL replicas.

Second: CSL bootlid trunk: not sure if I should get one fully painted in TiAg or get the carbon fiber one (1 x 1 or 2 x 2 weave) and leave the tip(boot) & license plate area unpainted or any other combination.

Third: Matte, glossy, or carbon fiber grills and mirror covers. Not sure how well what will go well with gunmetal rims either.

Fourth: Lips, Diffusers, & side skirts or Mtech, M3 Kit. Not sure what else external mods I am forgetting.

any suggestions on how what will look good with the gunmetal rims or if you guys think I should just stick with silver rims. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I think gunmetal rims would look good complementing the CF/matte black exterior mods...a bit more aggressive look...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 07:09 PM   #3
phistyle
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post
I think gunmetal rims would look good complementing the CF/matte black exterior mods...a bit more aggressive look...
yea I know gunmetal rims look good on TiAg, but I'm still deciding how I want the CSL boot lid to look...I don't want it to look weird if the only carbon fiber I have is in the back of the car, but I'm thinking it might constrast well since I will have gunmetal rims..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
e90carbon
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E90-2009

If you go CF, you must do many parts or it will look weird, read a post I've submit recently about CF splitters, most says to have a cf theme or painted car color.

Yes gunmetal rims are killer wheels on a Tiag BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
tldoxmf87
Captain
South Korea
Rep
Drives: e92 TiAg

I personally don't like the CF look.. too ricey IMO.
Anyways, have you considered Ericsson trunk lid? I think it looks much better than the CSL. Oh, and matte black grill is the best.
Here's some recommendation:

1. M-tech rear with quad exhaust
2. OSS design LED angel eyes and 6700k Philips D1s bulbs
3. M3 side skirts
4. M-tech front if you have money, otherwise Aero lip
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
phistyle
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldoxmf87 View Post
I personally don't like the CF look.. too ricey IMO.
Anyways, have you considered Ericsson trunk lid? I think it looks much better than the CSL. Oh, and matte black grill is the best.
Here's some recommendation:

1. M-tech rear with quad exhaust
2. OSS design LED angel eyes and 6700k Philips D1s bulbs
3. M3 side skirts
4. M-tech front if you have money, otherwise Aero lip
I used to like the Ericsson trunk until I seen the CSL trunk...now I'm in love with the CSL trunk. I'll probably get the matte black grills instead of the carbon fiber. I wonder if there are any vendors that sell matte black mirror covers? I'm thinking it would complement the matte black grills nicely!

1. quad exhaust is probably something I wouldn't do.
2. I have lux H8 right now and it's fine. I wanted the OSS, but the 335i is the only car I have, and I can't be with no car for a week. The philips bulbs I will probably do soon. Do you have these bulbs? What color comes off? slight tint of blue or no?
3. will be getting the M3 side skirts also...not like theres much choice out there that looks good anyways.
4. This one is a toss up.. Some days I like the Aero front lip and then other times when I see the Mtech, my mind gets jumbled again...
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
tldoxmf87
Captain
South Korea
Rep
Drives: e92 TiAg

Comparison posted by Mike..

For TiAg you can't beat m-tech... Aero looks better on darker cars IMO.

I think this is the 3D lip on the m-tech front..

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
phistyle
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tldoxmf87 View Post
Comparison posted by Mike..

For TiAg you can't beat m-tech... Aero looks better on darker cars IMO.

I think this is the 3D lip on the m-tech front..

nice...now I'm really leaning towards this kit instead of the aero lip! I'm thinking about picking up the black gloss performance grills from tischer now after seeing those black gloss grills on the 335is...no more matte black for me and will probably find some black gloss window trim also...anybody know where I can find black gloss mirror covers?
Appreciate 0