E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > M1 Gantry Cameras - BE CAREFUL!!!!!

08-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #23
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
I've been flashed on the M25 when the signs weren't illuminated, never heard anything (if that's any consolation).
Not really Ed - as im bound to be the one that bucks the trend and gets clobbered!!!
      08-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #24
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEHOOPS View Post
Not really Ed - as im bound to be the one that bucks the trend and gets clobbered!!!
Fingers crossed for you
      08-16-2010, 10:57 AM   #25
m@rk
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 520D SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsteele View Post
I think the rule on cameras being painted bright colours has gone and they can be bland grey. The speed camera sign has to be displayed along the route for them to be used!
The rules were that if the authority installing the cameras wanted to keep the revenue from them then they had to be highly visible.

Paint them grey or hide them and there all the cash goes to the treasury.

There is no requirement for them to be visible or for there to be a sign up.

Having said that, I didn't think the M1 cameras were live yet (but they soon will be) but as others have said, these are just more variable speed cameras (just like on the M25) and they are now popping up all over the place.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #26
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
Just reading this, becuase I'm just down the road from it.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonli..._into_for.aspx

Would appear the M25, M42 and now the M20 only have cameras that can result in a NIP
thanks for that im local too
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2010, 03:50 AM   #27
NathanJT
Techie Geek
England
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport Manual

Amazing really that these "intelligent systems" are designed to calculate the optimum speed for the amount of traffic and keep the cars flowing. The side effect being that anyone speeding pays the price.

Also amazing is that when regularly travelling along the M42 stretch, the traffic is constantly stop-starting within the camera zone and yet when you get to the end it disappears as if nothing had happened.

Me thinks the people who are pro these systems should look up the definition of "optimum".
      08-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #28
Ham09
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A sh*t box

Garage List
2006 335i  [0.00]
Yey more cameras! Go Britain go. Not that I'm complaining but it's awlays baffled me why speed cameras are either made obvious (in yellow) or identified with a warning sign. Aren't we all supposed to obey the speed limit at all times regardless of if there is a camera there or not. Must re-iterate, I'm glad they are made so obvious.
Appreciate 0