E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Build Thread - E92 335D

09-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #111
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Sorry for the X-large pics folks still trying to work out how to get these smaller... any tips?
Anyways, hope this warrants you people to buy off BC.Moto on ebay lol.. could not recommend him enough!
      09-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #112
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Looks niiiiiice
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #113
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Looks niiiiiice
      09-10-2012, 03:43 AM   #114
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

dude!!! what happened to you not spending any more money on the car as funds are tight etc etc! lol!

spoiler is spot on always a nice addition to the rear end!

audio! you know you want a JL W7 after hearing mine lol
      09-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #115
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P 5UML View Post
dude!!! what happened to you not spending any more money on the car as funds are tight etc etc! lol!

spoiler is spot on always a nice addition to the rear end!

Hey dude,
Back from the sun and sea!? How was it?
Yeah funds are always tight, but when an MS-8 is being shifted for a great price I’m there ;-) I am really wishing I didn’t care about music this much but being a DJ in my spare time lol, it’s inevitable!!
Thanks for the comment on the spoiler – I’m really chuffed with it and I’m so glad I didn’t opt for the black / silver combo as that would have been, for me personally, just money thrown down the drain with black shark fin, black mirror caps, M sport bumper with black diffuser etc etc...........£40 for a clean finish and I couldn’t be happier!!

Re: W7 dude, When I heard it in your car.. it was immense, handles so much power and delivers such deep line bass I thought fudge, I need this in my life, but the price tag it comes it, I couldn’t justify myself to spend that much on a sub personally as I need to keep to budget! So far I’m doing pretty good and want it to remain this way

I’m amidst buying Jehnerts underseats which is more expensive than a 3 way component kit itself from the likes of HERTZ so need to spend carefully and wisely!! Now not sure what 2 way components to go for as I don’t want to spend much on that – My understanding is I can do with mid-range components and not have to spend crazy on ‘top of the range’ ones as I have a processor / DSP that will help get the best out of mediocre ones. Any comps IRO of £150 should allow for semi-decent ones and not Focals this time round LOL.

Been offered a W7 10 sub / Box for a crazy deal from someone we both know ;-) but I’m not sure what boot install I’m going for as part of my 2nd stage upgrade so don’t want to buy them and find I decide to do something different a little later.

Anyways, I don’t think I’ll going to Players but will be to the one after that which is more local.. Westside is it called? Will u also be going?
      09-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #116
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

ah man! thing with a W7 is, most people who have one keep a hold of them! they may have a hefty price tag but you have seen/heard what a single 10" w7 is capable of lol! i dont think il ever sell mine!

if you get a W7 at a good price id say its silly not too! being a DJ you know the importance of awesome bass! lol...do it bro! we can rock the shows next year haha!

ima be at players this weekend! need to find out about westside!
      09-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #117
Tyso335
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Hey dude,
Back from the sun and sea!? How was it?
Yeah funds are always tight, but when an MS-8 is being shifted for a great price I’m there ;-) I am really wishing I didn’t care about music this much but being a DJ in my spare time lol, it’s inevitable!!
Thanks for the comment on the spoiler – I’m really chuffed with it and I’m so glad I didn’t opt for the black / silver combo as that would have been, for me personally, just money thrown down the drain with black shark fin, black mirror caps, M sport bumper with black diffuser etc etc...........£40 for a clean finish and I couldn’t be happier!!

Re: W7 dude, When I heard it in your car.. it was immense, handles so much power and delivers such deep line bass I thought fudge, I need this in my life, but the price tag it comes it, I couldn’t justify myself to spend that much on a sub personally as I need to keep to budget! So far I’m doing pretty good and want it to remain this way

I’m amidst buying Jehnerts underseats which is more expensive than a 3 way component kit itself from the likes of HERTZ so need to spend carefully and wisely!! Now not sure what 2 way components to go for as I don’t want to spend much on that – My understanding is I can do with mid-range components and not have to spend crazy on ‘top of the range’ ones as I have a processor / DSP that will help get the best out of mediocre ones. Any comps IRO of £150 should allow for semi-decent ones and not Focals this time round LOL.

Been offered a W7 10 sub / Box for a crazy deal from someone we both know ;-) but I’m not sure what boot install I’m going for as part of my 2nd stage upgrade so don’t want to buy them and find I decide to do something different a little later.

Anyways, I don’t think I’ll going to Players but will be to the one after that which is more local.. Westside is it called? Will u also be going?
Quote:
ah man! thing with a W7 is, most people who have one keep a hold of them! they may have a hefty price tag but you have seen/heard what a single 10" w7 is capable of lol! i dont think il ever sell mine!

if you get a W7 at a good price id say its silly not too! being a DJ you know the importance of awesome bass! lol...do it bro! we can rock the shows next year haha!

ima be at players this weekend! need to find out about westside!
dont you to work sitting on here all day mate car looks awsome nice work spoiler looks quite big in some pics looks wicked. are you both goin to players this weekend im join if your both goin might wait to see both your spoilers then i can decide wat one i want

Fuel of the Devil
NOW: E92 335d M Sport lots of mods to come...
Gone But Not Forgotten: EVO 8 MR FQ340 Running 370bhp
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #118
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyso335 View Post
dont you to work sitting on here all day mate car looks awsome nice work spoiler looks quite big in some pics looks wicked. are you both goin to players this weekend im join if your both goin might wait to see both your spoilers then i can decide wat one i want
LOL!!!!!

im in IT so my job is to sit infront of a computer all day! thank god for dual monitors, one for work...one for forums and researching mods

yea il be at players on the Custom Cars stand dude! be good to see you there come and say hi !!! i will be there for 9am

sam looks like he is being lame and doesn't want to come! lol
      09-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #119
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
LOL!!!!!

im in IT so my job is to sit infront of a computer all day! thank god for dual monitors, one for work...one for forums and researching mods

yea il be at players on the Custom Cars stand dude! be good to see you there come and say hi !!! i will be there for 9am

sam looks like he is being lame and doesn't want to come! lol
you would of thought some one with coilovers would be all over coming to players haha yeh i will def come say hi mate your see me walking over with a very un interested gf haha i was gona order tht spolier today but the pics on ssd really dont do it justice so need to see it on ur car and i will no if i like it then, i would of liked it fitted for players but im not on no stands just quick visit so no point rushing

haha yeh tht is the joy of being in IT very true haha

not sure what time im gettin to players yet see what time my mates are join, bring there lil slammed cars along haha will u be around ur car most of the time?

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #120
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyso335 View Post
you would of thought some one with coilovers would be all over coming to players haha yeh i will def come say hi mate your see me walking over with a very un interested gf haha i was gona order tht spolier today but the pics on ssd really dont do it justice so need to see it on ur car and i will no if i like it then, i would of liked it fitted for players but im not on no stands just quick visit so no point rushing

haha yeh tht is the joy of being in IT very true haha

not sure what time im gettin to players yet see what time my mates are join, bring there lil slammed cars along haha will u be around ur car most of the time?
ah nice one! yea no probs better to wait and see it for real and see what you think first it is a little big..but i am used to it now! lol

yea il be around my car most of the time...play a few tracks or two so you should here the system from wherever you are :P
      09-10-2012, 12:08 PM   #121
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

LOL Tyso I'll try coming down but may not be able to for family reasons lol.. otherwise you're right, being lowered on coilovers I'd be all over this like a rash + a new rear spoiler, I've got every reason to go haha!
      09-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #122
Tyso335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
LOL Tyso I'll try coming down but may not be able to for family reasons lol.. otherwise you're right, being lowered on coilovers I'd be all over this like a rash + a new rear spoiler, I've got every reason to go haha!
hahaha yess perswation works haha love it let me no buddy

Quote:
ah nice one! yea no probs better to wait and see it for real and see what you think first it is a little big..but i am used to it now! lol

yea il be around my car most of the time...play a few tracks or two so you should here the system from wherever you are :P
i like it i wil bring my makita work radio then to blow u out the water haha see u soon mate

Fuel of the Devil
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #123
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Should be ok to pop down for an hour or two but still early days.. will know by Thursday for sure..
      09-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #124
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:

Is it 8 or 10"?

And what amp are you running to power it?
      09-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #125
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

It's a 10w7 dude. In a fully flushed box which will go across the boot ... I'm just not sure if a 10" will be enough even though ive heard it briefly before. The SWS-8s were sure not enough and I need deep bass for hip hop / rnb... What do u think Sam?

Ive NO idea which amp And how many I'd need to make my entire set up work... Maybe 4 Chanel for the fronts and a mono for the sub?!

Am looking into a used Alpine PDx 4.100 but just not sure.. Ive dropped the idea of jehnerts xe200 if I am going for a boot install as I thnk they will be an overkill and am now seeing what 3-way comps are out there.. Decent ones for about upto £250...
      09-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #126
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Is it 8 or 10"?

And what amp are you running to power it?
hey mate,

its a 10W7AE and the amp i am using is a Hifonics Brutus Elite,

BRE1600.1D 1 x 600W @ 4 OHMS, 1 x 1200W @ 2 OHMS, 1 x 1600W @ 1 OHM D-Class

09-11-2012, 04:48 AM   #127
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Sumil, this looks very nice man, excellent set up and that 10w7 sounds deep - attracted a lot of people! I was amazed what it can handle LOL...

The process of deciding my components, the sub, the install etc etc is actually the most fun part as a lot of you will agree . For knowledge purpose.. does anyone know if it's possible to ammend a 10" box like the one you have Sumil, to fit 12" sub without losing build quality? I.e. Could I take a 10" box and get a pro to make it bigger for a 12" sub? If so, 1 x 12w7 would be ideal for me however, the prices of these subs are ridiculous @ brand new / RRP! They are amazing for what they are but somewhere deep down I still can't justify spending so much on 1 sub RRP lol.

Whilst I've agreed to buy a 10w7 off a friend for a good price (thanks, you know who you are ) my only worry is if one 10w7 isn't enough, what am I going to do after that in an install like Sumil's?? Initially, was opting for the Jehnerts XE200 for underseats as some of you may know but after talking to a few people it was apparent that may be an overkill with a sub in the boot so I'm back to looking for a 3 way comp set. The one I've seen and heard are the HERTZ ESK 163L around £220 which seems a decent price and it won't get much better than that for that price range..... However, which other 3 way components would be recommended for around £250 - £300 as I've not found much else?!

I have an uncle in the US so could potentially get something through him components wise - in this way I could also get TECHNICS's harness in the same package and avoid separate duty costs. Do you guys know If I would have to pay stamp / tax on items even if it's being sent via family across the pond!?

This back and forth is almost coming to an end so bear with me folks
      09-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #128
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

dude the pics i sent you yday you can see the box is slightly oversized! BUT it is measured perfectly for an E92 as you still have access to your "sparewheel" tray

whichever size you go for, a 10", 12" etc you are still limited to the size of the box if you want/need access to that "underseat tray" thats why i had the box made as big as i could to accomodate for this

so i am sure if you bought a 10" and then decided you wanted a 12 it could be cut to fit! just depends on how you want it dude! its all on your preference

p.s. i think the hertz is great value for the price and as we mentioned yday, the jenherts although very tasty cant compare to a W7 if you are being offered one!

also heard good things about the focal 2 ways! check em out!

Last edited by P 5UML; 09-11-2012 at 05:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2012, 05:23 AM   #129
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Yeah I’ll still consider the box man, thank you.. hoping to come to Players this wknd and we can catch up then.. oh re: accessing the folding part of the boot, yes true I didn’t think of that. I’ll think I’ll take more time to think through things than to go balls deep in something and back track later loll. I had focal, SWS-8s etc etc in my previous E90 and in hindsight I found the focals a bit too bright plus for what they are (2 way) for £200, I’m more tempted to try something different now so no go with focals unless absolutely necessary LOLLL.

I may end up doing something totally different lollll.. who knows. Fun times!!

If I can make it to Players, wanna go up again like last time we did to Gaydon or you got some other plans?
      09-11-2012, 05:32 AM   #130
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If I can make it to Players, wanna go up again like last time we did to Gaydon or you got some other plans?
yea sounds good! gona be another early start! if you can make it give me a call!
      09-11-2012, 06:34 AM   #131
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
hey mate,

its a 10W7AE and the amp i am using is a Hifonics Brutus Elite,

BRE1600.1D 1 x 600W @ 4 OHMS, 1 x 1200W @ 2 OHMS, 1 x 1600W @ 1 OHM D-Class

Very tempting mate.
It is 3ohms. Isn't it?

Awbimmer, can you kindly pm me what sort of price have you been offered for a used one (thinking form cost effectiveness point of view)?

Thanks.
      09-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #132
P 5UML
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Very tempting mate.
It is 3ohms. Isn't it?
it is indeed mate, at 3ohms the amp is stable for 900wrms! the 10W7 max max peak is apparently 700-750 (near danger zone)

but they can handle more! they take an absolute beating!