E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Looking back....what would you have done differently ? (College Edition)

05-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Talking Looking back....what would you have done differently ? (College Edition)

Hey everyone

So the other day i was at school doing a film project for my cinema class with my classmates. One of them is an older gentlmen who is in his mid to late 40s, but really cool type of a guy. The type of a "movie" that we were doing emphasized only on 1 male actor. During one of the shots we jokingly started talking to other girls walking around the campus to see if any of them were interesting in acting But this got the conversation started by the older gentlmen about how if he was younger and knew everything that he knows now, how he wouldn't be without a pussy even for one day.

and i hear that specific line from older people a lot. I know looking back at high school, i would have done things much much differently if i had a chance as well, but mostly its an academic type of a thing for me, rather than a female issues that i had in high school. As some of the best times ever were during my junior year.

But what would you guys say are some of the specifics that they are referring to ?

There's no such thing as too much knowledge, so if we can all learn something new out of this thread, it'd be a "thread well done" hahah
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Too slow

I'm interested too... I've always heard, "Live life to the fullest" and then my dumb ass generation came out w/ YOLO and everyone's getting knocked up or killed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
sanf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 535XI

yes... the famous line of "only if I knew what I know now..................."
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
48Laws
Banned
Rep
Drives: '15 F80, '18 991.2 GTS

Been less picky and nailed everything. And perhaps entertained my inner entrepreneurial spirit and hustled a few side businesses catered toward students.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #5
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

I'm going to be 25 this summer and still wish I could go back to HS and bang everything I possibly could, and not try to be in half the relationships I was. Just broke up w/ a crazy religious chic who couldn't trust, communicate, or wouldn't put out so I'm not wasting time anymore with emotions and going after anything that walks now. Less worries and more fun = win.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
I'm going to be 25 this summer and still wish I could go back to HS and bang everything I possibly could, and not try to be in half the relationships I was. Just broke up w/ a crazy religious chic who couldn't trust, communicate, or wouldn't put out so I'm not wasting time anymore with emotions and going after anything that walks now. Less worries and more fun = win.
untill you get aids
      05-09-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
Axelfuzz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335XI E90

Eh, the grass is always greener on the other side. Could I have made a different education choice and gone a different career path? Sure, but there's no guarantee I would have enjoyed it more or less than what I'm doing now.

Could I have made more effort to nail a bunch of females? Sure, but would it have been any more or less fulfilling than being in a committed relationship? I suppose it's hard to say.

I say just live everyday by doing the "right thing". Work hard, save money, have fun when possible. The other stuff is just regret and conjecture, neither are particular helpful in life.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #8
Simsims
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 119/220

bang more chicks.
      05-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Have more sex.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep

The replies are cool and all, but the thread is asking "What do you know now that would help you do those things you want."
Quote:

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
Italteen3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
untill you get aids
Yeah trying to still not do that now, but I wear condoms anyway and wouldn't bang literally anything that walked just lower my standards from 8's and up to like 5's and up

I would definitely have been more confident when I was younger to have achieve what I want. Also invest in some serious stocks after they crashed
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
RonP187
Rep
Drives: Silver e90

Wished I took the time to find what I love to do for a living
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #13
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

To make the question a little bit more broad. What did you learn throughout college that you wished you knew before going into one. I am talking beyond strictly education wise. Maybe something that you learned in general or while something that has happened to you when you were attending college and so on I know older wiser people also have stuff to share

Like, looking back at past 2 years of my life i learned a lot id say. I learned that even though some people might be entitled to a certain title in life, doesn't mean that know what the hell they are talking about (ex: counselors). They told me W's mattered as far as undergrads were concerned and if i had more than 3, i would need to reconsider maybe settling my ass with a CSU instead of a UC. I called couple of UC's and found out that unless you have EXTENSIVE record of W's with no explanation, nobody gives a flying fuck. As long as you dont have 10-15 you should be good and mostly your GPA/Extra curriculars is whats being considered among other things.

I also learned to take control of certain parts of my life and stop asking for stuff and instead just go and get it myself. I have bought 3 cars with my own money since then (sold/bought) and kept on upgrading with each one. I learned to pay for everything on my own and not depend on my mom to give me money and other small things along the way (still live with her though, but so does 95% of LA under 25)

Share your stories
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #14
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
I'd go back to being 16/17 any day; all through HS I was focused on the future, getting through college and so on. I didn't "live the moment" and damn I regret it. Same with college. I maintained dean's list for 4 years and graduated with honors, was hired in a FT consulting position before I even graduated but - really, really wish I just lived a little more. Didn't have a drink till I was 21 . Yeah - I was (and still am) way too reserved

That behavior continues to bite me in the ass ... I wish I was better at dating. The real world is a hellhole environment. Maybe I ought to drive my BMW more ... I kid.

tl;dr, have fun when you can and stop worrying.

"Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill" (to compensate I got a blue car ).
      05-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #15
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
I'd go back to being 16/17 any day; all through HS I was focused on the future, getting through college and so on. I didn't "live the moment" and damn I regret it. Same with college. I maintained dean's list for 4 years and graduated with honors, was hired in a FT consulting position before I even graduated but - really, really wish I just lived a little more. Didn't have a drink till I was 21 . Yeah - I was (and still am) way too reserved

That behavior continues to bite me in the ass ... I wish I was better at dating. The real world is a hellhole environment. Maybe I ought to drive my BMW more ... I kid.

+1

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #16
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post

Just my two cents, but most kids from my Highschool who "lived the moment" and didnt focus on college or the future... didn't have one.

Aside from that, spending time with family more for sure. When you lose them, you can never get them back. You can make friends, best friends, girl friends, wives, etc, but you can't ever have that "blood-connection" with another person. That level of connection is something I miss (a lot).
      05-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #17
gary88
Ikea enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [7.96]
      05-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #18
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep

I was waiting for that one to pop up.
Quote:

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #19
Italteen3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Just my two cents, but most kids from my Highschool who "lived the moment" and didnt focus on college or the future... didn't have one.

Aside from that, spending time with family more for sure. When you lose them, you can never get them back. You can make friends, best friends, girl friends, wives, etc, but you can't ever have that "blood-connection" with another person. That level of connection is something I miss (a lot).
+116444349

I'd trade almost anything in my past to have some family members back. Women come and go, knowledge can always be gained, but once someone is gone that's it it's forever and it is the worst feeling.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #20
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
+116444349

I'd trade almost anything in my past to have some family members back. Women come and go, knowledge can always be gained, but once someone is gone that's it it's forever and it is the worst feeling.
I must say, it is one of the most eye-opening experiences. I agree, it's the worst feeling when you "have" something to tell a person but they can't actually be contacted in anyway. It's not at all like being distant with someone else, I can't explain it. It's like you feel time continuing for you but it's just "stopped" for someone else... Just cant shake that off. Family is first imo. You can never stop being someone's son or daughter. You can always, however, choose to stay or leave a partner, friend, etc. You just can't "leave" family, because even if you "do" you're still connected by biology. Deepest connection in life, for sure. You never realize it till you lose it.

I'd say the one thing to change most is going back and learning more about the family members I've lost. You can't exactly go back and ask them for anymore stories, you just cant. Your whole interaction with them dies with them. Days you find yourself thinking "Hey I wonder what it was like when... etc", but those questions get filed in the back of your head. You can't ask them. It's the worst feeling really.

Forget getting your count of girls up. Absurdly useless in the grand scheme of Life, imo.