E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Damian's 2008 320d E90 "edition M Sport" Carbon Black - Interior colour change!

06-20-2016, 05:51 AM   #199
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHerring View Post
+1
+2

It isn't an Evo.

I love the car but a nice centre mounted pressed plate looks great, offset plates long wrong unless it's an Evo/Alfa IMHO
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #200
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E93

Service

Thanks for the opinions guys. I just wanted to try a new look so I'm planning to run this plate until I come up with a new idea but the plan is to get a front splitter to finish off the front. Also going to re-do my headlights so I could have LED rings.

In the mean time I have few more important things I need to sort out. Mainly I'm replacing the clutch and dual mass flywheel with gearbox oil. To that I'm doing a full service replacing engine oil, fuel filter, cabin filter, oil filter and will clean out my K&N air filter.

I also bought a fender roller of eBay. I'm planning to roll my rear fenders so I won't get any rubbing issues once I put my 15mm spacers back on. Hopefully that will do the job. Front is fine so don't think I will roll the fronts. Any advice for rolling fenders guys?

More updates soon,
Damian
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 04:28 PM   #201
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

New clutch fitted - finally!

I had my clutch and DMF replaced for a brand new kit from LUK. Had it done by my mechanic so I saved some money and had my oil changed with all filters included in the price. As you can see from the photos, the old clutch was really gone.
Also topped up my coolant the other day.

I'll be rolling my rear arches so more updates soon!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2016, 04:20 PM   #202
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Hello again.
Quick update. Bought a set of new EBC turbo groove discs with yellowstuff pads. They're going to be fitted on Friday.

Today I rolled the rear arches and fitted my spacers. Much better although I will roll them further as there is little rubbing now and then.
Also fitted new yellowstuff pads on the rear discs.

More updates soon!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Etxp3.00
      09-22-2016, 05:19 AM   #203
dragerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D

How much was the fender roller and any pictures of your results?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 01:29 PM   #204
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Carbon roof spoiler + EBC front discs and pads

So I managed to fit my front EBC discs and pads.

Fitted my rear carbon roof spoiler.

Lastly a small touch, of door locks cover. Keeps it nice and tidy.

More updates coming soon!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #205
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragerboy
How much was the fender roller and any pictures of your results?
Got the fender roller from ebay for 35 quid. Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311383436044
Very good tool, highly recommend. Pictures attached above.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #206
dragerboy
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
Got the fender roller from ebay for 35 quid. Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311383436044
Very good tool, highly recommend. Pictures attached above.

Thanks.
Many thanks, looks good.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #207
Adzloveslea
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320d m sport

Lovely looking car mate! Where did you get the carbon boot spoiler and how much was it please if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2016, 12:44 PM   #208
J0K3R5
Lieutenant
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzloveslea View Post
Lovely looking car mate! Where did you get the carbon boot spoiler and how much was it please if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/22217...2F222170506220

Thats were I got mine from.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #209
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Carbon splitters

Not much happening with the car other then it passed its MOT recently. Had few minor advisories that I'm going to sort out. Mods-wise I'm nearly finished with the car. Still got few things planned but don't want to spend to much money.

Received and fitted my new Carbon splitters.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #210
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzloveslea
Sorry I never replied earlier but I couldn't find that eBay auction I bought my spoiler from. It looked exactly like the one that JOK3R5 posted.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2016, 01:34 AM   #211
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Liking the splitters.

Can't beat a bit of CF.
      04-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #212
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Update + New SWS-8X subwoofers

Hello after a long break.
I have been busy with work and didn't manage to keep this thread updated, especially because there wasn't much going on with my car.
Although now I will do few little bits and pieces and thought it would be a good time to update.

To start with, I'll post a couple of pictures I have taken over the time:

I have installed a pair of Earthquake SWS-8X subwoofers which go really well with my current audio set up, so overall I'm really happy.
Standard vs SWS-8X:

Area of the subwoofer after removing the old sub:

Some deading added:

Installed:

At the moment I'm cleaning out the wheel hubs: painting all calipers in red and hubs in black (also removing the rust) - photos will be added.

Next I'm having few bits on the front suspension done and new front tyres to go with that.

I'm also refurbishing my leather interior and redyeing it to red - don't worry, my dad has a upholstery business so it will be done professionally.

More updates soon!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2017, 12:28 PM   #213
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Refreshed one of my callipers (will clean the paint over off pads soon lol) and painted my hubs and spacers high temperature black paint. Will do that to all my hubs to give it a nice clean look as I'm looking to refurbish my alloys soon as well.

Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2017, 01:24 PM   #214
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Update

Hello,
It's been a while since I last posted. Have been busy but I did some work on the car in the mean time, especially quite recently I got few things going which I'm really happy about as hopefully this year i'll have everything done on the car.

So what's going on?

I have bought a re-dye kit from furniture clinic to change colour of my leather interior from black to coral red. My dad is doing that for me as he want's to do it as a part of his business. It's a very long and annoying progress but I can see this will be worth the effort at the end.
I started by doing the rear so the whole rear interior of my car has been removed.
Rear is nearly finished. I went for the matt effect. Few more coats on these and they should be ready.

Rear door cards ready for the re-dye:

Upgraded my CIC maps from 2014 to 2017:

While I got my rear interior removed, I managed to use rest of my sound deading coats:

Painted my calipers 4 and refurbished my hubs in rust proof black:

Removed my 8D carbon trim wrapped and painted my trims gloss black. Still got front trim to paint:

And a couple of random car photos from the past weeks:

I hope that's enough pictures. A lot is still work in progress but I'm getting there. Things I'm working on currently: interior colour change, rear speaker shelf black colour restoration, rear window tints, finishing painting trims to gloss black and car service which included new oil and filters but I had some suspension bushes to change and front drop links. I have to also replace my radiator as current one is leaking. All these parts have been ordered and my mechanic will be fitting these along with a 4 wheel alignment and 4 new tyres for my 19"s.

I still have some plans for the car so the project is not finished, but I'm getting near a stage were I'm happy with how the car looks and feels.

More photos and updates soon!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 02:25 AM   #215
KAS627
Rep
Drives: E91 335D

Where did you get your rear lights?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 04:46 AM   #216
CitizenKane
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4

Nice car.

Did you ever fit the coral red interior in the end? Got any pics?

Obviously the most controversial thing about the car is the exhaust and you're probably sick of people's opinions of it, but just my two cents: I don't think a quad-exhaust per se is overkill on a 20d (particularly nowadays when stock 520ds are coming with dual exhausts, etc.). But this particular exhaust just seems so aggressive! The tips are significantly bigger and protrude much further out from the bumper than on an m3 for example. Have you considered getting a more aggressive looking diffuser to match it maybe?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 07:27 AM   #217
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

More updates with the car:
Rear seats have been finished and I have temperately installed them. I'm still finishing the seats with some leather cream which will be the last step.

Cream still needs to be applied and rear door cards are in progress. More photos soon.

Received my new tyres which are 225/35/19s and 255/30/19s Kumho's Ecsta Le Sport's. This time tyres are 10mm narrower then the set I had before, as I wanted to get rid of rear rubbing issues and think it's going to look much better once their on the car.

Wheels do need a refurb which will be happening in the future.

My parts for the service have arrived. New drive belt and new radiator is already at my mechanics, were the rest I will be delivering. New parts include:
- New cabin filter
- New BMW brake fluid
- New hand brake shoes
- New glow plugs
- New steel braided brake lines
- New front drop links
- New front control arm bushings
- New rear ball joint mount bush
- New rear upper wishbone control arm
- New wind/water deflector which sits under the car
- New Monroe top mounting kit for rear shocks

I have also re-furbished my rear window shelf which had faded over the years and turned plum. Looks much fresher:
Before:

In progress:

After:

More updates coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS627 View Post
Where did you get your rear lights?
I got them off ebay mate. Don't have the exact link as I bought them back in 2015 but there are the Depo LED tail lights. Highly recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenKane View Post
Nice car.

Did you ever fit the coral red interior in the end? Got any pics?

Obviously the most controversial thing about the car is the exhaust and you're probably sick of people's opinions of it, but just my two cents: I don't think a quad-exhaust per se is overkill on a 20d (particularly nowadays when stock 520ds are coming with dual exhausts, etc.). But this particular exhaust just seems so aggressive! The tips are significantly bigger and protrude much further out from the bumper than on an m3 for example. Have you considered getting a more aggressive looking diffuser to match it maybe?
Thanks mate. Photos of the interior above, more will be added as I progress through it.
The exhaust - yes, it's a controversial topic even thou most people outside e90post seem to like it. I didn't intend to go for quad's but I managed to get the whole exhaust system from one of the forum members for a half the price he paid. The tips are indeed large and they do stick out a fair bit, which is what I'm looking to improve/fix. Mainly I don't like them sticking out as much. Engine wise - I don't really care that it's a 20d as the performance of the car is fairly reasonable and it surprises a lot of people, mainly due to its crazy torque which is 470 NM.
Regarding a diffuser - I'm planning to buy a more aggressive one which would hide the tips a little bit but the main problem is the actual cut's outs for the exhaust on the new diffuser. Like mentioned earlier, I do plan to improve my exhausts position to go with a new diffuser, but need to save up some funds and finish other things I'm working on.
Appreciate 1
      08-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #218
dragerboy
Captain
Rep

How did you restore the parcel shelf? Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 01:14 PM   #219
Kali
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragerboy View Post
How did you restore the parcel shelf? Cheers
I sprayed it with Autobrite Direct - Automotive Black Dye Spray. I applied several layers with about 10 min between each. It's quite simple.

Update regarding the service - car is going to have the parts fitted over thursday-friday and hopefully will have 4 wheels alignment as well. Will post photos once my wheels will be back on the car.
Thanks.

Last edited by Kali; 08-08-2017 at 01:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #220
CitizenKane
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82 M4

Sorry if you've mentioned it before, but have you done any performance mods to the car?
Appreciate 0