E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Mayweather vs. Ortiz

09-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #23
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Most people forget manny's wars with the great Erik Morales, Marco antonio Barrera, JMM and david diaz. Manny has fought the who's who from 112 all the way to welterweight

We can cancel out the same fighters they fought, you put that in perspective the last time floyd somebody that was actually good is jose luis castillo, money ran away from margarito crazy as it sounds he turned down margo to fight baldomir. Also ran away from cotto.

Also May has been in the welterweight division for years guess who is the first fighter he fought that is a natural welter......Mosley. When floyd fought JMM he made a 35plus year old guy natural 135 lbs to climb up all the way to 147 then floyd comes in overweight.

Manny has already agreed to the test if i remember right it was 7 or 14 days out. Floyd didn't want that, so he fought mosley who gets a test 14 days out before the fight. Yup and he didn't complain about that.

It's not a secret Floyd is running away from the pacman, do I think he is scared no I think he is scared that this might actually be the one time someone can actually beat him.

Either way if they both fight I think floyd can beat him, he has all the tools to beat manny.

Ill let the great Bert sugar explain who to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChOy BoY View Post
Mayweather will win tonight; I had a random dream earlier this week he knocks him out in the 5th.

Ortiz is a good fighter I just think he jumped to Floyd way too early after he had one good fight against Berto.

As far as Manny, they should and eventually will fight..

But how can people say Manny fights "better" opponents than Floyd?

He fought De La Hoya after Floyd, Mosley after Floyd, Hatton after Floyd.

Floyd easily beat Marquez who at the time was rated #2 P4P only to Manny

I think their fight will happen if both can take care of business in their next fights..Manny has to man up and just take the tests..he's looking at a $40 million pay day if not more, for both fighters
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #24
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Velvet Orchid M3

Margarito at the time was a good fighter; but now we all found out why he was so good..Cotto would've beaten him if it wasn't for him cheating IMO.

I'm not doubting Pac's other fights at the lighter weights, but Floyd's fights when he was lighter against Castillo twice and Coralles, at the time those fighters were considered premier fighters but this was before he really climbed to the top.

But he fought Baldomir, because at the time obviously i don't think he was a great fighter, but because he had the title and I think Floyd likes to go after the title holders right after they get it, just like he did with Ortiz now. Of course he doesn't want to lose, but I don't really think he'd purposely run or shoot down a Manny fight. I believe it was Manny who didn't want tests that were 3 days or earlier before the fight and that was his problem with it, but if that's out of the question there are things you can take that won't appear in your system before/after the fight.

I'm not saying he's taking anything, but he should've just signed the papers with that. If the fight happens, I could easily see both fighters making $50 million or more..and if Floyd wins tonight, and then makes a Pac fight and wins that, I think he'd retire because at that point there's nothing left.

I think Pacquaio's a great fighter, but I also think Marquez beat him twice, and should give him a good run for his money at this next fight. I do agree with you about have Marquez move up in weight, but there was no way Floyd was going to go down to like 135-140; he took the fight because it was basically the "2nd best guy" to pac.
      09-17-2011, 05:47 PM   #25
MurderedOut
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW E90, '09 BMW E60 528i

Mayweather vs Ortiz ....Mayweather no contest.......Mayweather vs Pacman......my bet decision win Mayweathers defense will heavily win the points and technique Mayweather wins Pacman fans keep bitching.......Mayweather isn't ducking Pac hes being a buisness man consider how much money he can make of this fight why would he give it to the fans so early even pac has bitched out on his interview questions this fight in not a matter of the best as it is how much both these guys wanna pocket esp mayweather putting a 41-0 record on the line is no joke
2008 E90 Wrapped Matte Black & Carbon Fiber Roof, 19" Staggered Miro 111(Satin Black), Black Housing Halo Projectors, Satin Black Grill, Blacked Out Emblems, MTX Thunder Sub with Alpine Amp, K&N Air Filter, BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 06:09 PM   #26
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep

Hindsight is 20/20 at the time Margo was the man at welter and cotto was up there and floyd decided to fight Baldomir. Plus if he would have fought margo lol it wont matter cause he won't be able to touch money.

I use to be a mayweather fan but can't deny the pattern of him dodging fighters. Since he fought Castillo he has been dodging fighters, or waits till they get old. With manny and floyd its like hagler vs sugar all over again. The thing is his pattern of dodging fighters is what's hurting his sudden stance on this testing that he wants to suddenly clean up the sports, he lost credibility along time ago on hardcore fans.

If you list down the top fighters they fought and beat Manny has fought the better fighters.

Mayweather: JLC, Coralles, ODLH, Hatton, JMM, Mosley

Manny: Barrera, JMM, Moralez (Back to back to back). David Diaz, ODLH, Hatton, Cotto, Margo, Mosley.

Does this make manny the better fighter no, but this shows he has fought the best at his current weight division when he climbs up.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #27
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedOut View Post
Mayweather vs Ortiz ....Mayweather no contest.......Mayweather vs Pacman......my bet decision win Mayweathers defense will heavily win the points and technique Mayweather wins Pacman fans keep bitching.......Mayweather isn't ducking Pac hes being a buisness man consider how much money he can make of this fight why would he give it to the fans so early even pac has bitched out on his interview questions this fight in not a matter of the best as it is how much both these guys wanna pocket esp mayweather putting a 41-0 record on the line is no joke
Being Undefeated is overrated, suddenly it's like the benchmark now. Back then if you have a undefeated record the first question they ask is who protected you and who you dodge. The greatest fighters of all time had lost multiple times.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 06:28 PM   #28
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If 41-0 is no joke, then the best fighter right now is chris john 45-0, and yes he also beat marquez.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #29
MurderedOut
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

i never said mayweather is better than chris john i just said his record can make him a lot of money on such a wanted fight
2008 E90 Wrapped Matte Black & Carbon Fiber Roof, 19" Staggered Miro 111(Satin Black), Black Housing Halo Projectors, Satin Black Grill, Blacked Out Emblems, MTX Thunder Sub with Alpine Amp, K&N Air Filter, BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 10:23 PM   #30
MurderedOut
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

being undefeated is overated are you kidding me yah because every other fighter earns a 41-0 record hell yah its a bench mark the only reason you could say that it isn't is if you matched or beat that record then u can be like "yah i did it, it wasn't hard"...overated thats such a weak thing to say to take away from someones credibility whether you like him or not
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 10:27 PM   #31
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Floyd by stoppage.

Pacquiao never agreed to testing up until the day of the fight; they wanted a cutoff date.

I think the fact that pacman is a degenerate gambler is an interesting data point as well...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 10:34 PM   #32
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

Live stream

http://mayweather-vs-mosley-update.b...tream-ch1.html
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #33
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
being undefeated is overated are you kidding me yah because every other fighter earns a 41-0 record hell yah its a bench mark the only reason you could say that it isn't is if you matched or beat that record then u can be like "yah i did it, it wasn't hard"...overated thats such a weak thing to say to take away from someones credibility whether you like him or not
I'm sorry i'm not at all demeaning his accomplishment what I mean by overrated is people are people too much emphasis on his undeafeated. Anybody can have a undefeated record.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:15 PM   #34
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep

Good fight by mayweather, ortiz got into it too much and he tried to butt him. But damn this fight aint going to get mayweather more fans.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #35
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChOy BoY View Post
Mayweather will win tonight; I had a random dream earlier this week he knocks him out in the 5th.
lmaoo....

still a cheap ass shot by mayweather... idc what happen before that... if he really thinks he's the best he shouldn't have done that... really cheap imo... not a true champion mentality..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #36
choicez
Major
Rep

What a bitch move!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #37
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

OMFG. Im speechless.
      09-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #38
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Wow... I am so glad I bought this fight...
      09-17-2011, 11:19 PM   #39
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep

Lol omg i can't believe it, Ortiz got caught up in the moment and he tried to apologize. Then he got cheap shotted.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #40
xerox445
Damenslip-Tropfer
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Typical Mayweather. Typical ******.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #41
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Doubled my money.

Keep your hands up. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #42
choicez
Major
Rep

Larry Merchant post fight interview was classic.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #43
E90 87ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: !

looks like cortez said to box on and was looking at the time keeper for time in... Ortiz initiated the cheap shop and mayweather's was questionable... good undercard though
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2011, 11:34 PM   #44
2M
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by choicez View Post
Larry Merchant post fight interview was classic.
can you specify? the link cut-off...