E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Last Minute Meet - Saturday 19th March - 5 Series/LCI E92 @ Sytner Harold Wood -2pm

03-19-2010, 10:21 AM   #1
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: -

Arrow Last Minute Meet - Saturday 19th March - 5 Series/LCI E92 @ Sytner Harold Wood -2pm

Hi Everyone,
Just spoke to Tony and we have decided that as quite a few people seem interested in the LCI E92 (M Sport) and the new 5 series... how about meeting up tomorrow at Sytner Harold Wood (Romford) for launch event?

Re: time, I did initially say 12pm but lets ignore that, anyone interested we're meeting at 2pm. Hope you can all make it!

1. Tony (E92fan)
2. Anneka
3. ToxicNerve
4. Flyfs6
5. Donbona (Taz) - can make after 2.30

Last edited by Anneka @ Sytner; 03-19-2010 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
I was planning in going to my local dealer, but if you guys have something decent to test drive, I'm up for it
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #3
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Ah damn it...wud love to come!...but i'm off 2 middlesbrough!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 10:40 AM   #4
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Where's all the Essex lot?!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
I was planning in going to my local dealer, but if you guys have something decent to test drive, I'm up for it
I have just been informed that we can't test drive the E92's as they haven't been registered, it should be ok for the 5 series though (don't forget to bring your licence).
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 10:58 AM   #6
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Start it later than 12!!

Im working till 130pm..
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
BGM
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M140i

aww, i was planning on popping into sytner sunningdale for a nosey

let them know to get the champagne out perhaps?

haha
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 11:47 AM   #8
Mud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4

Hmmmmm I am at M Style in the morning so might hang around to make this
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
Hmmmmm I am at M Style in the morning so might hang around to make this
You must still go to M Style Mud
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #10
Anneka @ Sytner
United Kingdom
Rep

Meeting at 2pm, hope you all can make it, I went to see what's in store and we have the mentioned plus some nice 335i's, X6 M etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #11
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

Hey...sorry i couldnt make it today, was bit of short notice and so had plans...Hope uz had a great day...I will be down next week anyways
      03-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #12
NightVisitant
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M-Sport 2011

oh cool, didn't know a mini-meet was taking place, I was there between 2-3pm checking out the LCI coupe and F10
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
Silver Shadow
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E90 325d M Sport LCI

How did it go folks? Any pics?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60056&dateline=126193  4242 LCI E90 M Sport Auto ~ Titanium Silver ~ Black Dakota ~ Rear Tints ~ Heated Seats ~ Folding Mirrors ~ Bluetooth ~ Goodyear F1's ~
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightVisitant View Post
oh cool, didn't know a mini-meet was taking place, I was there between 2-3pm checking out the LCI coupe and F10

You must have seen us? We were all there mooching around for hours!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Shadow View Post
How did it go folks? Any pics?
I had a good time, just myself, Anneka, flyfs6 and Tony (E92Fan).

The 535i we took out was a peach. Lovely ride, quite sporty for a car of it's size and plenty of poke. The engine sounds the mutts nuts too.

flyfs6 took some pictures, maybe will post them up later. We also check out the LCI E92 and E93. Nice cars for sure but (IMO) nothing to write home about in terms of differences to be honest. Few external tweaks and the lighting clusters (front and rear) have been changed. Again, flyfs6 took some pictures so perhaps he will stick em up...
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 04:04 PM   #15
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Does Fly's work for BM also!?
      03-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Does Fly's work for BM also!?
lol!! I thought that too the way he was walking around the place but no, I think he's just a VERY, VERY regular customer!!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 07:28 AM   #17
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Talking

I'd like to particularly thank Anneka for hosting us at Sytner Harold Wood, might I add on her day off from around 1pm till at least 9pm! Also a thanks for Ryan, and Laurence for their time and for the cars.

It was great meeting E92fan and toxicnerve also, we had some great conversations and I hope to see you again soon.

I was early in arriving at the dealership and was personally greeted by Anneka, who came out to the car park with an umbrella for me because it was raining

The showroom was particularly busy with customers and it was interesting watching deals being done. By the way I really enjoyed the blueberry/apple infused tea (which brews to a strawberry colour), I am not normally a hot drink person, but I had this tea at least twice in the day.

Please note the suspension has yet to settle, and the cars only came off transport blocks the night before. They will become much lower once the suspension settles!

After the others arrived we started by checking out the LCI E92 320d M Sport, which I must say is a stunning looking car. Probably for someone who has just bought a pre LCI car it may not be enough to regret not waiting for LCI or not enough warrant to a change, but that said there are quiet a few subtle enhancements in the new model. Some may complain that there aren't enough changes in the LCI, but if there were, it would only have affected the residuals of post LCI models.

A typical trait of LCI BMW's built post E46 is the addition LED lights. This time around even the front headlamps have LED indicators and side markers. The accents running in the headlamps is something I have noticed across the new BMW range of 3, 5 and 7 series. In flesh the headlamps look very nice because when the lamps are lit this accent also glows.

Anneka mentioned she is getting a few enquires asking if the new sidelight bulb fits the pre lci model, she does not know yet if they will work.

The new wing mirrors look absolutely fine, there is only very little difference here and there. I really like the new 19" M sport wheel, which is basically a 313 style rim without BMW performance branding. I suspect majority will get them though (if you don't like them then don't opt them. Simple!).

We had an interesting and funny situation, where we were indecisive whether or not the rear quarter panel has changed to accommodate the new lights, and whether or not the lci rear lamps would fit. This involved Tony tracing pre lci lamps on paper, and checking against the lci model in the showroom. It is indeed the same housing (the lens & internal design are slightly different and much sharper looking), the quarter panel has not changed, the lamp should physically fit, but no one knows yet whether they will work properly.

The front bumper has changed a lot, and looks great (much like the Aero Lip for pre lci SE models). The rear bumper is the same shape, but now the bottom insert is dark anthracite painted item.

All in all, I am sure I speak for the majority; we like the M sport LCI.

After some time, Ryan came over to see us (just as we were admiring the Alpina D3's) and said it was time to take us out in the new 5 series. After a formality of taking copies of licenses, we were off on our way to sample the cars. We were going to go start in the 530d SE, but due to popular demand we stuck with the 535i SE No one yet knows when the M sport is coming and what it looks like, but its expected to follow within 6-12 months time.

All five of us squeezed into the car with some comfort, if I'm honest I think its more suited to 4 adults and a kid configuration. The sound deadening is spot it, there was virtually no road noise, and this is exceptional considering this 5 was running 19" run flat tyres (I didn't check who made the tyres).

The ride was comfortable considering sports suspension, you could more hear the bumps than feel them (even on the most rubbish roads), and overall the car was very compliant. You can be a passenger in this car for hours. The cockpit looks very similar to the F01 7 series I have used. The interior is a definite step up from the E60. It feels very well screwed together and feels like it is made from good quality materials.

The engine is stonking, its the 306bhp single turbo, and even with five passengers the car kept on going. When pressing on, you can hear the exhaust note, which without being intrusive sounds awesome. We were very impressed with the new 5 series, and I can not wait to get mine

It was a pleasant surprise to learn that Anneka is a true enthusiast, a testament of which is a seriously but tastefully modified four ring wearing coupe with a V6 engine, which she is now talking about applying forced induction to! I tell you what, she can drive too.

Though we hadn't planned on this it was 6pm, myself and Tony hadn't had lunch. So we made a last minute decision to grab something to eat, instead of fobbing us off with some excuse Anneka offered to take us out, bless her. We headed for the local Nandos, but went to the Outback steak house, where we talked for hours. The food was good, and the company even better. Really came away having enjoyed an awesome day and making awesome new friends.

Credit where is it is due, Anneka does a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes and often goes beyond the call of duty to make sure things get done. I sure hope the work you do is recongnised at Sytner and I wish you every bit of success on behalf of all the forum members. Now she is proposing building a car to showcase for the enthusiasts what a tasteful OEM+ BMW can offer.

A really nice pre LCI M sport in Individual Avus blue

Last edited by flyfs6; 03-23-2010 at 04:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #18
Silver Shadow
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E90 325d M Sport LCI

Thanks fly.... great write up and pics. I think the 5'er will look fantastic when the M Sport model arrives.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60056&dateline=126193  4242 LCI E90 M Sport Auto ~ Titanium Silver ~ Black Dakota ~ Rear Tints ~ Heated Seats ~ Folding Mirrors ~ Bluetooth ~ Goodyear F1's ~
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 11:58 AM   #19
Yay-Z
Shifting to Top Gear
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5/E70 X5

Great pics!! Has anyone gotten the chance to drive a 335i yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #20
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

5 looks good but cant get excited over the e92 facelift think i prefer the old one
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #21
Irnbrukid
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Imaginary M2

The new 5 is a nice car and the interior is a step up from the old one, as has been said cant wait to see the Msport.

Just seems that everyone who owns the current e92 doesnt like the facelift wonder why... dont think its as big a difference as the e90/91 lci (it needed it IMO) just really the lights and new wheels which some like and some dont but that could said about any car.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #22
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep

I am gonna go ahead and disagree with flyfs6 on one point, I think the mirrors on the LCI cars are horrific, I really think they spoil the look of the car, the difference may not be great but it's enough to spoil the lines of the car, they just look out of place. More suited to a 4x4 or something

Regarding the lights, they're cool and all but again not 100% sure if I prefer the LCI style or the old style.

One thing I do like though, on the M-Sport, the lower section of the bumper (the diffuser bit) is now a gloss finish, still grey but with a high gloss shine on it, I like that very much, not sure why though!!

When they become available to buy via the parts counter I might be tempted to swap my matt grey one for the new (LCI) style, gloss one.

EDIT:

Regarding the new 5, when there were 3 of us in the back I was in the middle seat (this was while Tony was driving). This seat is VERY uncomfortable, the seat back is VERY hard and it would become tiresome within an hour or so in my opinion.

I am assured by flyfs6 and Anneka that the "side" seats were very much more comfortable!!
Appreciate 0